Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

betty rose

I'm kind of new here.
So over the ocean has value to you (which I thought you had issues seeing value because you live in Denver). Some people see the value of being at WDW.
I said, " I couldn't see the fireworks from Denver. I was not addressing the issue of value, in that post. But, for me I don't see the value. I do, however love Disney....been going since the first year it opened.

Figment2005

You don't understand what 1%er means

A 911 turbo costs far more... Yet is not what we are talking about. Think exclusive, think excess, think custom. When you start with coach built cars, obscene finishes, etc then you are in the right area code.

The hysterical irony in your post is that when the gtr was being planned they almost released it as an infinity because they were concerned that people wouldn't pay 70k for a Nissan badged car
I'm glad you're finding this humorous, but the original post you quoted said that companies don't put their 1%'er product in the middle of the showroom floor. I, simply enough, proved you wrong by stating that a Nissan dealership down the road puts its 1%'er product in the middle of their showroom floor. You are thinking way to deeply and trying way to hard to make my statement incorrect, when it actually isn't.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm glad you're finding this humorous, but the original post you quoted said that companies don't put their 1%'er product in the middle of the showroom floor. I, simply enough, proved you wrong by stating that a Nissan dealership down the road puts its 1%'er product in the middle of their showroom floor. You are thinking way to deeply and trying way to hard to make my statement incorrect, when it actually isn't.
Not saying your wrong because the GTR is actually a very nice car, but Nissans target demo for that car is gearheads, not rich folks. I think any 1%'er that would even think about this car would strictly do so just for a collectible. It would be like you or I paying $100 for a Disney souvenir. It would not be the pride of our collection, just another keepsake. IMO, of course. There is a Lambo dealership here in Atlanta and they have the Gallardos and the used Lambos outside. Go inside though and you see the Murciallargos and the Aventadors on the showroom

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think too many people believe that the mega rich just hap hazardly throw their money around. Most wealthy people are the cheapest you will meet and they will be the first to tell you that they didnt get wealthy by spending. Thats not to say they wouldnt spend the money on these bungalows for the kids sake, but their also not going to just plop the money down without consideration. I know several clients I have for work who live in $500K-$1M homes and they still use services like Groupon and PriceLine. Getting a rich person to part with their money can more difficult than you think. Ill never forget what one man told me. He said, "the wealthier you get, the more greedy you get"
Which is why these may appeal to someone. If this style and location are what someone with the money is looking for, then maybe the "savings" afforded by the DVC is right up their alley. If they feel they want to stay at this place often enough to make it worth it, the potential savings offered by DVC might be appealing over the "rack" rate.

Disneyhead'71

I was at the Aston Martin dealership the other day and the car in the center of the showroom was a One-77. Base brice $2.4 million.

44220227.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is a 1%er kind of car.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Not saying your wrong because the GTR is actually a very nice car, but Nissans target demo for that car is gearheads, not rich folks. I think any 1%'er that would even think about this car would strictly do so just for a collectible. It would be like you or I paying $100 for a Disney souvenir. It would not be the pride of our collection, just another keepsake. IMO, of course.
What about 1% gearheads?

Figment2005

Not saying your wrong because the GTR is actually a very nice car, but Nissans target demo for that car is gearheads, not rich folks. I think any 1%'er that would even think about this car would strictly do so just for a collectible. It would be like you or I paying $100 for a Disney souvenir. It would not be the pride of our collection, just another keepsake. IMO, of course.
Again, just like Flynn, you are taking this way too seriously. The Nissan GTR is Nissan's 1%'er product, and they had that product placed directly in the middle of their showroom. That is it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The 1% we all like to talk about starts at about $400K a year in income and up. I don't know anyone in the lower end of that ballpark who is driving a customer made car. Not saying there aren't some, but that's something more common with the super rich and celebrities. More like the top 0.1%

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm with you, I love watching Top Gear and they loved the GTR. 1%'er performance for much much less money.
I'm actually an anti-gearhead. I'd probably drop money on the bungalow first if I had it. I just know I'm in the minority in that respect usually.

But that car has a certain price point and target customer in mind, and those folks will likely be happy with it if they get it. Same with these rooms.

Figment2005

I'm actually an anti-gearhead. I'd probably drop money on the bungalow first if I had it. I just know I'm in the minority in that respect usually.

But that car has a certain price point and target customer in mind, and those folks will likely be happy with it if they get it. Same with these rooms.
I will agree with you on that.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Theyre buying Aventadors, Bugattis, Aston Martins. Sure they may buy a GTR, but its not gonna be the highlight of their collection. Probly wouldnt even park it inside.
So what you are saying is they may buy this?

What if the DVC at the Poly is like their GTR. It's not their pride and joy vacation home. Maybe that is the house in <insert rich "it" spot>.
But it serves the purpose when they want to visit Disney.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Which is why these may appeal to someone. If this style and location are what someone with the money is looking for, then maybe the "savings" afforded by the DVC is right up their alley. If they feel they want to stay at this place often enough to make it worth it, the potential savings offered by DVC might be appealing over the "rack" rate.
Extremely wealthy people dont buy timeshares. Either way, these rooms will be booked by DVC folks all year so the chances of some random rich person whose blowing a wad at Disney wouldnt even be able to book one. Theyd just get a club level suite at a deluxe for the same amount and not think twice. The whole rich person debate is pointless. These rooms are gonna be extremely hard to get. Go to mouseowners and look at the Polly DVC thread. They are ALL salivating at the chance to book one and thats just a fraction of the DVC community.

note2001

And now we're demonstrating WHY there is an appeal for the bungalows. No two people have exactly the same taste and priorities. It's nice that DVC offers so much diversity AND that (so far) it allows us to use our home points at other DVCs than our home resorts.

Why should we care what Disney does with it's own property, particularly before anyone even owns points there. If they did this at a DVC resort with good views and suddenly ruined that view with more units one could not afford, I'd understand the complaints.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Extremely wealthy people dont buy timeshares. Either way, these rooms will be booked by DVC folks all year so the chances of some random rich person whose blowing a wad at Disney wouldnt even be able to book one. Theyd just get a club level suite at a deluxe for the same amount and not think twice. The whole rich person debate is pointless. These rooms are gonna be extremely hard to get. Go to mouseowners and look at the Polly DVC thread. They are ALL salivating at the chance to book one and thats just a fraction of the DVC community.
I honestly agree with you on this. It seems as though the thread here thinks that only fabulously wealthy people would ever have enough money to think about spending it on one of these places. I think these will be snapped up in a heartbeat by a much wider demographic than folks are talking about.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I honestly agree with you on this. It seems as though the thread here thinks that only fabulously wealthy people would ever have enough money to think about spending it on one of these places. I think these will be snapped up in a heartbeat by a much wider demographic than folks are talking about.
This and the knee jerk reaction that the only reason Disney built them was out of pure unadulterated greed with no consideration that Disney was likely filling a void in its own market.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Again, just like Flynn, you are taking this way too seriously. The Nissan GTR is Nissan's 1%'er product, and they had that product placed directly in the middle of their showroom. That is it.
Not disagreeing with you by any means. It is Nissans 1% product and it IS a nice car. I love TOp Gear as well and LOVED the episode where Jeremy drove it through Asia (japan I think). Nissan has one car though that could be considered 1% while other companies ONLY make 1% cars. Thats all I was saying, wasnt trying to spark anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom