Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

NelsonRD

Might as well tear them down.

I guess all the people with the money to spend on these bungalows are too stupid to realize what a sham they are?

Why is everybody offending anybody that may consider this as stupid? Usually people with money got there from NOT being stupid.

These comparisons of the bungalows to other parts of the world are just ludicrous. This is about what Disney has to offer, and people looking for the 'best' at what Disney has to offer will choose this path, regardless of all the other options in the world. They will explore those options on a different trip.

If people want to do this, good for them. They are not stupid just because you think you can spend their money better.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Funny thing is... when you look at a real exclusive product... like the castle suite... Disney's 'approximate retail value' for it's sweepstakes that includes the dream suite, airfare, tickets, and 3 other hotel nights... the average cost/night is still cheaper than these bungalows ;)

I know know... ARV isn't 'true costs' but shows how when Disney needs to value something they can justify... it's a whole new world :)

NelsonRD

Its the lowest common denominator. Its the largest group. If we target the top 10% ($133K a year) then its all about the rich and the hate continues and grows. Typically the largest group is the dumbest. It is why TLC (which used to be a Learning Channel!) aired shows like Honey Boo Boo, instead of something actually worth watching. It is why you will not see a BMW commercial during a Teem Mom episode. It is why you see 'pop stars' playing at the Superbowl halftime show.....

bhg469

Actually they kind of do.;)

17987-official-arctic-white-stingray-corvette-photo-thread-20141120_192938.jpg
Again, this is not a 1% product. It is a very good car and one of the best chevy offers but if each panel wasn't hand fitted by an Italian guy in a lab coat, it doesn't count as a 1% car :)

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Arguing this is exactly why people like @WDW1974 pick on the demographic disney is catering to... the ones that apparently do not know, they do not know.

So your basic argument is that because I think it's stupid and overpriced, no one else should be able to go there or like it, and anyone who does like it is a moron? Also Disney now only caters to morons?

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I could care less about the price as it was expected to be high. Whats unsettling is the fact that the company continues to move farther away from its core values that made it the powerhouse that it its today. When Poly and Contemporary opened in 1971 they were the equivalent to what these bungalows are. They were considered "the best". They had the best views, close to the parks and had an elegance to them. Difference is that they were priced reasonably. An average american family could consider it as an option. Not anymore. With each year that passes, staying in a monorail or a deluxe becomes more of a lifetime vacation for most people. Sure you can stay at a value resort and still have a great trip, but most people would love the chance to stay at Poly or GF but the company has decided over the years that they should charge 10X-20X what they are actually worth.

And yes, I get it, Disney is out to make money and so was Walt himself but I think its safe to say that Walt at least had enough compassion to keep it fair. I dont think catering to the elite or charging ridiculous prices just because people will pay it is what he had in mind when he sat on that dirty park bench.

Lucky

The 1% is 266K a year. Not millions. Besides, there are only 20 of these bungalows, so even if they are targeting the even richer .1%, they are going to sell them off.
266k might be the lower bound for the top 1%, although the numbers I've seen are higher than 266k. In any case the average income in the top 1% is more like 800k.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Again, this is not a 1% product. It is a very good car and one of the best chevy offers but if each panel wasn't hand fitted by an Italian guy in a lab coat, it doesn't count as a 1% car :)
I could care less if it is what you consider a 1% product. The bottom line is it is their most expensive product right next to their least expensive one.

PhilharMagician

Yes I do realize this and they fill those up very quickly. But they really aren't that much of a "value" now are they? Maybe is Disney standards but for that price I can stay at a 3 or 4 star off property.

It's no secret that Disney's pricing on everything continues to go through the roof and make our jaws drop. But when they price a hotdog for $9.00? Come on. I'm not the only one peeved by this.

No you are not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom