Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
The loophole yes but not standard stacking.

I was just talking about getting up and grabbing one at 7 for as late as possible and then grab one every two hours after park opens. We would show up to DHS in the afternoon with three or four rides stacked and just continue to grab new ones every two hours until they ran out or closed.
Are the drops still accurate and happening?

Tomi-Rocket

Aaand with this round of price hikes I’m out. I knew it was coming I was just waiting to see what the final straw would be for me. I have a solo trip next month that I almost cancelled because I’ve been away from home a lot this year, but I’m glad I didn’t as it’s the last hurrah for me. I used to think that yes, it was expensive but worth it. No longer with all the cuts they’ve made, some which don’t even affect me like the loss of DME, but these insane price increases have finally gotten to the point where, for me, it’s no longer worth it. How sad to have to give up on my favorite place to vacation. My absolute favorite. 💔

thomas998

I think it maybe geared towards a different market. Especially the merchandise branded from a movie. Fir example Encanto stuff, it's all over the place. I don't think it's marketed for theme park per ser, more of every little girl wants to be the current girl Character, let's let them buy it for birthdays, Christmas etc etc.

I just saw some Hocus pocus stuff in target, so i think they want to "capture" the Halloween market
I know they shovel out the movie merch when they drop movies... I expect that. But I'm seeing things that are clearly not related to any movie. The last time was grocery shopping they were selling Mickey shopping bag that looked strangely like the ones they push in Disney stores.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I thought they closed that stacking loophole.
Yes, the loophole that kept resetting the countdown prematurely was closed. But, stacking without that hack is still 'legal.'

Here's an example which I followed, but basically loaded everything for later in the day so that I wasn't wandering packed crowds in the heat (Columbus Day weekend, upper 80's)...

Miss Bella

I’ve found there is no such thing as cheap travel anymore, wherever you go. Rental cars and flights, in particular, have gotten obscene. I’m not excusing Disney, but it’s really all just a symptom of travel demand growing significantly every year. Travel wasn’t a lifestyle 30 years ago, now it is.
It has nothing to do with travel growing significantly. Good grief are people that dumb that don't know what's causing inflation.

Miss Bella

Respectfully disagree
"So far in 2022, the parks have been filled to the brim with Disney-goers. In fact, even in February (which is usually Disney’s “slower” season), we were seeing record HIGH crowds wait long wait times for even the rides that usually only have a 5-10 minute wait on average."
Disney initially made more money off less people because they raised prices during the pandemic on many things.
The notion that price increases will limit the crowed has not panned out as many have posted it would. People still go to broadway shows despite sold out shows --they just go at another time-Disney vacationers will do the same
No they haven't. I've been there a couple of times in 2022 and it was no where near the crowds of 2019. I think people just got used covid crowds and every time they see normalcy they hyperventilate.

Tom P.

Well it does and should fit the best…it was built to specifically fill your needs.

Now the nuance there is the best things were built predominantly in the first 35 years. Iger ended up Being “passable” in the end…less value but not a disaster.
The current yutz is the most unqualified ceo ever and maybe one of the worst in American business. Write that down and watch It play.

Not legitimately. But it will probably happen.

Where the argument comes is when you get into the quality/value of now compared to before. That’s the thing.
Okay, I don't want to make this a habit, but I once again agree with you. Both about Chapek being a horrible CEO and about the quality and value of the parks having decreased. No argument on either front.

My point, and I think @Jviera1298's point as well, was that it's still a *good* place for families to vacation with lots to enjoy. In spite of all that we can identify that is wrong, I still cannot find another place that gives me and my family the same vacation experience. Universal, for example, holds little appeal to me. I would rather have a good Disney dark ride to a Universal thrill ride any day. And I'd much rather attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party than Halloween Horror Nights any day.

So, yes, Disney has problems, not the least of which is its CEO. But we still like it and still want to go. And some people around here -- including you sometimes, frankly -- often come across like we're committing a horrible sin it we still go vacation at Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Okay, I don't want to make this a habit, but I once again agree with you. Both about Chapek being a horrible CEO and about the quality and value of the parks having decreased. No argument on either front.

My point, and I think @Jviera1298's point as well, was that it's still a *good* place for families to vacation with lots to enjoy. In spite of all that we can identify that is wrong, I still cannot find another place that gives me and my family the same vacation experience. Universal, for example, holds little appeal to me. I would rather have a good Disney dark ride to a Universal thrill ride any day. And I'd much rather attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party than Halloween Horror Nights any day.

So, yes, Disney has problems, not the least of which is its CEO. But we still like it and still want to go. And some people around here -- including you sometimes, frankly -- often come across like we're committing a horrible sin it we still go vacation at Disney.
The trend is Alarming. No matter what type of fans we are and how we express it…there’s really not much debate on this.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wonder if this would have happened if Eisner was still around or would we have still seen many of the things we have had taken for granted be shifted to a price?
Impossible to tell.

The deal with Eisner was he was there TOO LONG…and technology was rapidly evolving during his tenure. And the financial/banking system changed

All the shade thrown to him doesn’t consider two things:
1. Consumer media/technology in 1984 vs 2003
2. Finances - particularly how banks and stocks were twisted - in 1984 vs 2003

I’d invite anyone to go navigate those waters.
He was both massively under appreciated and needed to go. Both can be and ARE
true.

Iger stayed too long as well. He was complacent to the point that rot sets in. Like “Bob Bedsore”.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

Just have to ask. It seems those that find Disney as the best option have young kids. IMO it's why Disney will always do well.

For my family Disney isn't much of an option now cause my step son who is 15 wants thrill rides.

ilovetotravel1977

Our group of 7 opted out of G+, cost had a small factor into it but moreso out of spite.

This is our last trip to WDW. We have had it paid for since pre-covid and just kept moving the date. The kids are now 14 and are more into Universal than Disney. After this trip we will be saving up for a big trip to UOR / Epic Universe, etc.

James Alucobond

Just have to ask. It seems those that find Disney as the best option have young kids. IMO it's why Disney will always do well.

For my family Disney isn't much of an option now cause my step son who is 15 wants thrill rides.
Some people just never want a ton of thrill. I know neither I nor my siblings ever did. I’m sure age is a factor in terms of simply being able to ride more intense attractions if you’re so inclined, but many people are never interested at any age.

DisneyDebRob

Yes, the loophole that kept resetting the countdown prematurely was closed. But, stacking without that hack is still 'legal.'

Here's an example which I followed, but basically loaded everything for later in the day so that I wasn't wandering packed crowds in the heat (Columbus Day weekend, upper 80's)...

My head hurts so much. Do they really call this a vacation? I’ll stick with the tried and true..” hey that line isn’t bad, let’s go on”.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some people just never want a ton of thrill. I know neither I nor my siblings ever did. I’m sure age is a factor in terms of simply being able to ride more intense attractions if you’re so inclined, but many people are never interested at any age.
Yep…you find those people in Disney parks. Which is the niche for the non-thrill seekers.

I don’t have a problem with that…but they tend to get indignant about those that like them on forums such as these.
I’ll never get that. No need to explain or defend if you don’t like it…certainly no need to throw darts at the majority that seems too since 1900

DisAl

Yep…you find those people in Disney parks. Which is the niche for the non-thrill seekers.

I don’t have a problem with that…but they tend to get indignant about those that like them on forums such as these.
I’ll never get that. No need to explain or defend if you don’t like it…certainly no need to throw darts at the majority that seems too since 1900
Even though I don't do the thrill rides I don't have a problem with them. They help keep people out of the lines for the rides I DO want to ride!

dreday3

I see quite the opposite around here. People tend to get annoyed/snippy with people who aren't interested in going to Universal, almost demanding to know "why".

I like both. For us, Universal still isn't a destination vacation, more of a long weekend or add-on to a cruise or something. And we aren't flying to Florida for a long weekend. So, for now, it's just visit for a day or two before/after a bigger trip.

Everyone can be annoying at times.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Even though I don't do the thrill rides I don't have a problem with them. They help keep people out of the lines for the rides I DO want to ride!
I think it’s a way of deflecting perceived “pressure” from the roller coaster enthusiast types. But there’s never a need.

I’ve played both roles in my day…sometimes mid day switching 🤪. More than one way to have fun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom