Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

el_super

Disney has no desire to reduce crowds as long as people keep going they will raise prices. If crowds were truly a concern they would drastically lower the daily attendance by sell tickets in advance.

Their goal is to make money, and they have already said that they make more money when fewer people are in the parks. Essentially they have already said their goal is to reduce crowding in the park.

You haven't seen any dramatic reduction in available reservations because doing so actually represents a far greater negative impact on customer perception than raising prices does. Price increases are negotiable for the consumer. If you sell out, or block out the park, that's a hard stop to the relationship.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't disagree.

And ILL and Genie+ allow the same thing for WDW.

BUT... it's at least one quarter the cost to do that at WDW. And the Maxpass cost can sometimes surge to nearly twice its base price.

IOW... WDW line-cutting is dirt cheap compared to UNI, which was my original point.

AND... occasionally, the Maxpass queues at UNI are half hour waits because they don't schedule them except for "sometime this day."
Genie does not offer the same thing as basic express pass. There’s a comparison fail here.

Expresspass guarantees one ride on each headliner. Genie does not. You can pull it off with the genie and ILL…but you may and likely do fall short on semi crowded days.

Patcheslee

And when my kids grow (if I can pay for it 😆) I'll probably be on the same boat!

Your comment made perfect sense, with the price increases, people might eventually be forced into spacing trips more / going less often or shortening their stays to fit their budgets.

It's just that, for the latter (and I built that theory by reading your comment so thanks!), if might actually be something they are striving for, if they believe there is enough demand for it (more families available for shorter stays).
We have to be more mindful of vacation budgets and spending for the next 5 years due to class trips. This year is $1035 for 8th grade. DC. 10th is Choir $1500, 11th or 12th is Europe $3500. Those are just the ones we are aware of and current prices.

Tony the Tigger

Anyway, have a good day, Tony
Thanks. On a plane to EWR.
I didn’t like the “you’re making stuff up”.
I don’t like the myriad guesses and baseless assertions along with ascribing motives, etc. “This *will* happen” is a pointless statement. We don’t know.
she actually confirmed what I said with a current CM Photog
Great, thank you for backing up your statement.
In regards to the Food, you again are WRONG.
So just because you experienced something means you *know* that’s what Disney is doing for certain?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol must be a very recent development 🤣

LOL so why do you think everyone feels so compelled to wake up at 7am to get reservations?
Two of these useless “lols”??

1. If you start crapping on anyone who wants to talk about prices and how it affects the customers…then the normal reaction is labels of “dusters” “sycophants” and shade tossed about celebrating paying more for the same product. Neither is productive…so best not to start it. And you know I love you…but this isn’t “the way”

2. 7am to scramble for ride slots…not to purchase the genie. That’s not “unprecedented demand” (what bald moron did you get that from?)…its a lack of capacity to accommodate the slots in the engine. By midday the slots are gone and the sales end. So “demand” never meets supply. Nobody wants it to get philharmagic or laughfloor. They’re losing money on that “demand” because they failed in investing in the capacity needed. Same as plus…just now real money at stake.

If you want to do this Econ 01 lecture stuff…try not to quote your textbook so much. It’s obviously not from an honors course.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My trip this past week:

EPCOT Days:
  • Wake up at 6:50a.
    • Buy Genie+
    • Join VG for Cosmic Rewind, get a reservation.
    • Get a G+ LL for Ratatouille, which by this time is also for the late afternoon or evening.
    • Buy an ILL for Cosmic Rewind, get a late afternoon reservation
    • Go back to sleep.
  • Wake up at 10:25a.
    • Get a G+ LL for Test Track in the late afternoon/evening.
    • Go back to sleep.
  • Wake up at 12:25.
    • Get a G+ LL for Soarin.
    • Eat breakfast: cereal in my room at Pop Century.
  • Head to EPCOT at mid-afternoon.
    • At 2:30p, get a G+ LL for SSE for the evening
    • Get on rides:
      • Cosmic Rewind
      • Cosmic Rewind
      • Ratatouille
      • Test Track
      • Soarin'
    • Grab a LL for Livin' with the Land
      • SSE
      • Livin' with the Land
    • Grab a bite to eat
      • Grab a low-attendance ride or two
      • Catch the SSE light-show at the entrance
  • Leave EPCOT before Harmonious crowds

My DHS are similar, except there is no VG ride there any more. So, it's a late afternoon of:
  • RotR ILL
  • Slinky
  • MF:SR
  • TSMM
  • wait list for Brown Derby and wind up having a Cobb salad in the lounge
  • and the other low-attendance rides

I'm fond of stacking the G+ LLs for later in the day, and then just going from one to the next with no pauses and no long lines.

So, yeah, getting up at 7a is a pain. But, I have no trouble going back to sleep and getting 10 hours of sleep on my vacation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My trip this past week:

EPCOT Days:
    • Buy Genie+
    • Get a G+ LL for Ratatouille, which by this time is also for the late afternoon or evening.
    • Go back to sleep.
    • Go back to sleep.
    • Get on rides:
      • Cosmic Rewind
      • Cosmic Rewind
      • Ratatouille
      • Test Track
      • Soarin'
      • SSE
      • Livin' with the Land
    • Grab a bite to eat

My DHS are similar, except there is no VG ride there any more. So, it's a tate afternoon of:
  • RotR ILL
  • Slinky
  • TSMM

I'm fond of stacking the G+ LLs for later in the day, and then just going from one to the next with no pauses and no long lines.

So, yeah, getting up at 7a is a pain. But, I have no trouble going back to sleep and getting 10 hours of sleep on my vacation.
…see?

How nice and simple. What’s everyone complaining about???🫢

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My trip this past week:

EPCOT Days:
    • Buy Genie+
    • Go back to sleep.
    • Go back to sleep.
    • Get on rides:
      • Cosmic Rewind
      • Cosmic Rewind
      • Ratatouille
      • Test Track
      • Soarin'
      • SSE
      • Livin' with the Land
    • Grab a bite to eat

My DHS are similar, except there is no VG ride there any more. So, it's a late afternoon of:
  • RotR ILL
  • Slinky
  • TSMM

All the G and L words.

My condolences.

Minthorne

My trip this past week:

EPCOT Days:
    • Buy Genie+
    • Go back to sleep.
    • Go back to sleep.
    • Get on rides:
      • Cosmic Rewind
      • Cosmic Rewind
      • Ratatouille
      • Test Track
      • Soarin'
      • SSE
      • Livin' with the Land
    • Grab a bite to eat

• RotR ILL
  • Slinky
  • TSMM

You really are the magic! :)

John park hopper

Their goal is to make money, and they have already said that they make more money when fewer people are in the parks. Essentially they have already said their goal is to reduce crowding in the park.

You haven't seen any dramatic reduction in available reservations because doing so actually represents a far greater negative impact on customer perception than raising prices does. Price increases are negotiable for the consumer. If you sell out, or block out the park, that's a hard stop to the relationship.
Respectfully disagree
"So far in 2022, the parks have been filled to the brim with Disney-goers. In fact, even in February (which is usually Disney’s “slower” season), we were seeing record HIGH crowds wait long wait times for even the rides that usually only have a 5-10 minute wait on average."
Disney initially made more money off less people because they raised prices during the pandemic on many things.
The notion that price increases will limit the crowed has not panned out as many have posted it would. People still go to broadway shows despite sold out shows --they just go at another time-Disney vacationers will do the same

el_super

Two of these useless “lols”??

It is funny that you keep insisting that the very obvious cause of all of these issues, the excessive demand, can't possibly be true for no other reason than it doesn't fit your narrative.

7am to scramble for ride slots…not to purchase the genie. That’s not “unprecedented demand” (what bald moron did you get that from?)

If not demand what do you think is causing the ride slots to disappear so quickly? ARE THEY BEING EATEN BY SQUIRRELS??

…its a lack of capacity to accommodate the slots in the engine.

You are looking at the effect and saying it's the cause. They are short on capacity because so many people want their product. That's the excessive demand part.

TQQQ

My trip this past week:

EPCOT Days:
    • Buy Genie+
    • Go back to sleep.
    • Go back to sleep.
    • Get on rides:
      • Cosmic Rewind
      • Cosmic Rewind
      • Ratatouille
      • Test Track
      • Soarin'
      • SSE
      • Livin' with the Land
    • Grab a bite to eat

• RotR ILL
  • Slinky
  • TSMM

Dont believe a word of it

erstwo

Genie does not offer the same thing as basic express pass. There’s a comparison fail here.

Expresspass guarantees one ride on each headliner. Genie does not. You can pull it off with the genie and ILL…but you may and likely do fall short on semi crowded days.
I was in MK on Monday, 3 October with a group of 6. It was a very crowded, non- MNSSHP day. To give you an idea of the crowds, HM never went below a (posted) 70 minute stand by wait.
With Genie + we were able to ride 19 rides - in addition we rode all 4 'mountains' twice and watched 5 'shows' (if you count the parade and fireworks as shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom