Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

Jrb1979

Well…the history there is long, but distinguished.

We ‘Mercians have lots of beaches….that isn’t a good one.

You guys have Tim Hortons, Moose and more importantly…Moosehead
The beach is not the draw for us. We aren't beach people. We go off season when it's not crazy busy.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Not to tangent…but that’s EXACTLY what happened. Both Eisner and Roy thought Iger an empty suit…but Roy accepted him just to score the win over Mikey.

One of the accounts - anecdotal - was that Eisner got a call from Diane at the winery the weekend prior to his retirement announcement to tell him “it’s time”

That was the necessary gravitas the Disney family held.

They need that now…cause this clown gotsta go
problem is this... iger "had to go" look what we got... Chapek has to go.. who are we getting? Pretty boy Josh? possibly a worse hire than Chapek was...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would never put Iger or Eisner on the level of chapek. Those were experienced execs who knew how to navigate Hollywood and the banks…

Not the dollar tree crap peddler they have now.

I think people assume I exaggerate for fun (it does happen…of course)…but 95% of the time I don’t. It’s honesty behind comedic spin.

Chapek is ALL wrong. So is Arnold and this increasingly facebookian tone deaf board.

You are what you are.

Dranth

It must be an American thing to hate Myrtle Beach. We had lots of fun there and it wasn't that expensive. Mind you we don't go in the middle of summer.
It has had issues in the past and for a good while was really a dump. It isn't nearly as bad now and people can and do have great vacations there, it just has some work to do to shake that old reputation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It has had issues in the past and for a good while was really a dump. It isn't nearly as bad now and people can and do have great vacations there, it just has some work to do to shake that old reputation.
I think the reputation isn’t actually from the “quality”…it only really developed in the 70s and had a decent renaissance since. I think it’s more the obsession with certain geographic areas flooding it habitually.

Any place named “ocean city” also gets that kinda rep - for different reasons.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Actually, I found the best use of Genie+LL to be in the morning. They slowed down a lot in the afternoon, evening.
I amend my earlier comment, it was 18 rides, not 19 - A day as long as that one gets a little fuzzy, going by my pictures/ picture timestamps here:
7:28 - Bus stop at AofA
7:59 - Walking into MK
8:00- stop to take castle pictures (I had four16 year old girls with, so this was mandatory)
Hoping to rope drop 7DMT like everyone else- but it was down
8:27 - Pooh (#1)
8:44- Little Mermaid (#2)
9:04 - Dumbo (#3)
9:24 - More castle pictures
9:30- Starbucks
10:00- Space (Genie +LL) (#4)
10:25- Barnstormer (Genie +LL) (#5)
11:15 - Tomorrowland Speedway (Genie +LL) (#6)
11:45 - Peoplemover (#7)
12:00- Buzz Lightyear (Genie +LL) (#8)
12:15 - Parade in hub
1:00 - Pirates (#9)
1:15- Lunch at Tony's
2:30 - Teacups (Genie +LL) (#10)
No idea what we did in this blank space of time -no photos - see below for IASW note
4:00 - Castle Show
4:30 - BTMRR (Genie +LL) (#11)
4:45- Country Bears - Standby
5:00 - Tiki Room - Standby
7:00ish - 7DMT - Standby (#12)
7:15 - Carousel (#13)
7:30 - Dinner at Columbia Harbor House
I think we rode HM after this but have no photo proof of timing (#14)
8:22 - Space (2nd ride - standby)
9:05 - Fireworks
9:45 - 7DMT (2nd ride - standby, low wait due to fireworks)
9:55 - Splash Mountain (Genie + LL) (#15)
Splash (2nd ride), but no photos to timestamp
10:25 - Jungle Cruise (Genie+LL) (#16)
- Note: At some point during the day we rode It's a Small World (#17) (mabye between teacups and castle show??)
10:40ish Christmas shop
10:50ish - got in line for Peter Pan (#18)
11:20 - More castle pictures
11:30 - Bus to hotel

1pm Pirates and 15 minutes later you were at Tony's? 7:15 CoP and 15 minutes later you were at CHH? Those rides alone are 15-20 minutes. 7DMT after fireworks was nearly a walk-on and 10 minutes later you were in line for Splash? You said HM was no lower than a posted 70 minutes but somehow you got on between dinner at 7:30pm at CHH and then 8:22pm for Space? Sorry, even if you managed to have some unbelievably incredible luck and timing, I'm not buying this, let alone the fact that on your self-described "very crowded day" at MK that there were this many Genie- slots available thoughtout the day for a party of 6.

I have better things to do than try to be persuaded that this actually happened.

Disstevefan1

1pm Pirates and 15 minutes later you were at Tony's? 7:15 CoP and 15 minutes later you were at CHH? Those rides alone are 15-20 minutes. 7DMT after fireworks was nearly a walk-on and 10 minutes later you were in line for Splash? You said HM was no lower than a posted 70 minutes but somehow you got on between dinner at 7:30pm at CHH and then 8:22pm for Space? Sorry, even if you managed to have some unbelievably incredible luck and timing, I'm not buying this, let alone the fact that on your self-described "very crowded day" at MK that there were this many Genie- slots available thoughtout the day for a party of 6.

I have better things to do than try to be persuaded that this actually happened.

EatingPopcorn.gif

Jrb1979

I think the reputation isn’t actually from the “quality”…it only really developed in the 70s and had a decent renaissance since. I think it’s more the obsession with certain geographic areas flooding it habitually.

Any place named “ocean city” also gets that kinda rep - for different reasons.
It's why I go to many of these places off season. We do Florida in end of January, Myrtle Beach in October and do our summer vacations at our trailer. We try to avoid the crazies as much as possible.

erstwo

Please tell me - even ONE THING - I would gain by lying about how many attractions I visited at Disney theme park???

Seriously - WHY would I make it up??? :bored: :bored: :bored:

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Actually, I found the best use of Genie+LL to be in the morning. They slowed down a lot in the afternoon, evening.
I amend my earlier comment, it was 18 rides, not 19 - A day as long as that one gets a little fuzzy, going by my pictures/ picture timestamps here:
7:28 - Bus stop at AofA
7:59 - Walking into MK
8:00- stop to take castle pictures (I had four16 year old girls with, so this was mandatory)
Hoping to rope drop 7DMT like everyone else- but it was down
8:27 - Pooh (#1)
8:44- Little Mermaid (#2)
9:04 - Dumbo (#3)
9:24 - More castle pictures
9:30- Starbucks
10:00- Space (Genie +LL) (#4)
10:25- Barnstormer (Genie +LL) (#5)
11:15 - Tomorrowland Speedway (Genie +LL) (#6)
11:45 - Peoplemover (#7)
12:00- Buzz Lightyear (Genie +LL) (#8)
12:15 - Parade in hub
1:00 - Pirates (#9)
1:15- Lunch at Tony's
2:30 - Teacups (Genie +LL) (#10)
No idea what we did in this blank space of time -no photos - see below for IASW note
4:00 - Castle Show
4:30 - BTMRR (Genie +LL) (#11)
4:45- Country Bears - Standby
5:00 - Tiki Room - Standby
7:00ish - 7DMT - Standby (#12)
7:15 - Carousel (#13)
7:30 - Dinner at Columbia Harbor House
I think we rode HM after this but have no photo proof of timing (#14)
8:22 - Space (2nd ride - standby)
9:05 - Fireworks
9:45 - 7DMT (2nd ride - standby, low wait due to fireworks)
9:55 - Splash Mountain (Genie + LL) (#15)
Splash (2nd ride), but no photos to timestamp
10:25 - Jungle Cruise (Genie+LL) (#16)
- Note: At some point during the day we rode It's a Small World (#17) (mabye between teacups and castle show??)
10:40ish Christmas shop
10:50ish - got in line for Peter Pan (#18)
11:20 - More castle pictures
11:30 - Bus to hotel
Wow, you did a lot! I think Rope dropping (as always) helped a lot!
Getting this much done makes the $90 plus dollars you paid for Genie+ and ILL hurt less at least.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My head hurts so much. Do they really call this a vacation? I’ll stick with the tried and true..” hey that line isn’t bad, let’s go on”.
Unfortunately I think you’ll find there are very narrow margins/windows to pull this off anymore.

Reports of how “easily” you can navigate the parks are exaggerated and the crowd is getting worse.

Tron ain’t gonna fix that for four parks. Especially when they knock out splash for little good reason

Jrb1979

Unfortunately I think you’ll find there are very narrow margins/windows to pull this off anymore.

Reports of how “easily” you can navigate the parks are exaggerated and the crowd is getting worse.

Tron ain’t gonna fix that for four parks. Especially when they knock out splash for little good reason
But but but what about Zootopia, Beyond Thunder Mountain and Moana. If ask around here they are definitely coming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom