Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I see quite the opposite around here. People tend to get annoyed/snippy with people who aren't interested in going to Universal, almost demanding to know "why".

I like both. For us, Universal still isn't a destination vacation, more of a long weekend or add-on to a cruise or something. And we aren't flying to Florida for a long weekend. So, for now, it's just visit for a day or two before/after a bigger trip.

Everyone can be annoying at times.
Nope…that’s not what the complaint is.

Its grief that people reject other places like that because of the labeling at Disney locations…and often throw patronization on top of it.

It’s probably an “equal fault” kind of scenario based on semantics

TQQQ

I'll screen shot and send in this discussion.....lets see how "realistic" those plans are.....
10:20 update.....Epcot crowds are a 7 today, so not close to its busiest........

- ILL for Cosmic rewind were gone in 60 seconds this am so if you got Genie+ for RemRat or joined BG for Cosmic Rewind, , you missed out
- No Test track available at 10:20
- Frozen and RemRat also gone

Like i said, no chance on doing that itinerary

Like I said, Genie+ blows.......So you had to get up at 6:55am and got 1 ride, maybe 2 if you were lucky and it cost you over $120 for your family of 5

Lilofan

Impossible to tell.

The deal with Eisner was he was there TOO LONG…and technology was rapidly evolving during his tenure. And the financial/banking system changed

All the shade thrown to him doesn’t consider to things:
1. Consumer media/technology in 1984 vs 2003
2. Finances - particularly how banks and stocks were twisted - in 1984 vs 2003

I’d invite anyone to go navigate those waters.
He was both massively under appreciated and needed to go. Both can be and ARE
true.

Iger stayed too long as well. He was complacent to the point that rot sets in. Like “Bob Bedsore”.
I think Roy got his wish, get rid of Eisner only for Roy to pass away a few years later.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
10:20 update.....Epcot crowds are a 7 today, so not close to its busiest........

- ILL for Cosmic rewind were gone in 60 seconds this am so if you got Genie+ for RemRat or joined BG for Cosmic Rewind, , you missed out

The ride capacity problem is evident and they’ve done really nothing to ease it.

I’m also gonna assume there’s a mickeys candy bash tonight?

No way in hell I go to wdw on Friday 10/14 anymore…just not worth it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Roy got his wish, get rid of Eisner only for Roy to pass away a few years later.
Not to tangent…but that’s EXACTLY what happened. Both Eisner and Roy thought Iger an empty suit…but Roy accepted him just to score the win over Mikey.

One of the accounts - anecdotal - was that Eisner got a call from Diane at the winery the weekend prior to his retirement announcement to tell him “it’s time”

That was the necessary gravitas the Disney family held.

They need that now…cause this clown gotsta go

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Like I said, Genie+ blows.......So you had to get up at 6:55am and got 1 ride, maybe 2 if you were lucky and it cost you over $120 for your family of 5
I think this will become more the rule than the exception…

I see casual accounts all the time about getting virtual queues…”jumping in lines”…”quick stops” on the way to dining

But the numbers say on a busy day…you’re screwed

Jrb1979

I see quite the opposite around here. People tend to get annoyed/snippy with people who aren't interested in going to Universal, almost demanding to know "why".

I like both. For us, Universal still isn't a destination vacation, more of a long weekend or add-on to a cruise or something. And we aren't flying to Florida for a long weekend. So, for now, it's just visit for a day or two before/after a bigger trip.

Everyone can be annoying at times.
For my family we have done many week long Orlando trips and only went to SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

We aren't all inclusive people or cruise people. We have done Myrtle Beach a few times and week long Cedar Point trips.

dreday3

For my family we have done many week long Orlando trips and only went to SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

We aren't all inclusive people or cruise people. We have done Myrtle Beach a few times and week long Cedar Point trips.

I don't really want to visit Orlando per say, so we either do Disney and add a day or so at Universal, or plan for cruise with Universal after.

Pricing Dollywood for next October. DreamMore rates have gone up it seems, the pool-side rooms are now above $450 for next September. Really want to stay in the one being built, but not sure it's open when we want to visit.

erstwo

So you're saying that your party of 6 used Genie+ to get on nearly two dozen rides (which amounts to almost every ride in MK and you said you did all the mountains twice, obviously not using G+ for a second ride on those) plus 3 shows plus a parade plus DE on a crowded MK day? Color me skeptical, unless you crammed in a lot of those rides after 6-7pm. Maybe break it down to: open to noon; noon-6pm; 6pm-close.
Actually, I found the best use of Genie+LL to be in the morning. They slowed down a lot in the afternoon, evening.
I amend my earlier comment, it was 18 rides, not 19 - A day as long as that one gets a little fuzzy, going by my pictures/ picture timestamps here:
7:28 - Bus stop at AofA
7:59 - Walking into MK
8:00- stop to take castle pictures (I had four16 year old girls with, so this was mandatory)
Hoping to rope drop 7DMT like everyone else- but it was down
8:27 - Pooh (#1)
8:44- Little Mermaid (#2)
9:04 - Dumbo (#3)
9:24 - More castle pictures
9:30- Starbucks
10:00- Space (Genie +LL) (#4)
10:25- Barnstormer (Genie +LL) (#5)
11:15 - Tomorrowland Speedway (Genie +LL) (#6)
11:45 - Peoplemover (#7)
12:00- Buzz Lightyear (Genie +LL) (#8)
12:15 - Parade in hub
1:00 - Pirates (#9)
1:15- Lunch at Tony's
2:30 - Teacups (Genie +LL) (#10)
No idea what we did in this blank space of time -no photos - see below for IASW note
4:00 - Castle Show
4:30 - BTMRR (Genie +LL) (#11)
4:45- Country Bears - Standby
5:00 - Tiki Room - Standby
7:00ish - 7DMT - Standby (#12)
7:15 - Carousel (#13)
7:30 - Dinner at Columbia Harbor House
I think we rode HM after this but have no photo proof of timing (#14)
8:22 - Space (2nd ride - standby)
9:05 - Fireworks
9:45 - 7DMT (2nd ride - standby, low wait due to fireworks)
9:55 - Splash Mountain (Genie + LL) (#15)
Splash (2nd ride), but no photos to timestamp
10:25 - Jungle Cruise (Genie+LL) (#16)
- Note: At some point during the day we rode It's a Small World (#17) (mabye between teacups and castle show??)
10:40ish Christmas shop
10:50ish - got in line for Peter Pan (#18)
11:20 - More castle pictures
11:30 - Bus to hotel

JAN J

Impossible to tell.

The deal with Eisner was he was there TOO LONG…and technology was rapidly evolving during his tenure. And the financial/banking system changed

All the shade thrown to him doesn’t consider to things:
1. Consumer media/technology in 1984 vs 2003
2. Finances - particularly how banks and stocks were twisted - in 1984 vs 2003

I’d invite anyone to go navigate those waters.
He was both massively under appreciated and needed to go. Both can be and ARE
true.

Iger stayed too long as well. He was complacent to the point that rot sets in. Like “Bob Bedsore”.
I agree.

Eisner's tenure, as enriching as it was (not only to Parks & Resorts but the company as a whole), ended in quite the divisive way. I wouldn't credit it as much to the evolution of technology and finances but more so to his subpar relationship with board and executive members, some of the things that were (at the time) considered failures (like Euro Disney), bad relationship with Pixar, Katzenberg, Ovitz... His people skills were not the greatest but at least his legacy is fantastic.

Iger REALLY overstayed. He was due to leave initially in 2015 and extended twice, for 3 years each time. Ended up leaving in 2020 in an absolutely horrendous way.
I remember that at some point Tom Staggs was the strongest internal candidate to take over as CEO but Paycheck made efforts to boycott that. When Rasulo and Staggs announced their retirement and I was really hopeful Disney was going to hire an outsider as CEO.

I think I saw more than once on this forum where people who disliked both Staggs and Rasulo saw replies saying "it could be worse...", with a picture of Bob Chapek right after (that's actually how I learned who he was).

Guess the joke's on us...

JAN J

Just have to ask. It seems those that find Disney as the best option have young kids. IMO it's why Disney will always do well.

For my family Disney isn't much of an option now cause my step son who is 15 wants thrill rides.

I went to USF last year with my (then) 2yo daughter and pregnant wife.

My daughter was 35 inches. Yes, I remember that missing inch meant she couldn't do ANYTHING in either parks. Even Dr. Seuss landing's train ride has a 36in requirement! Well, she could ride the merry-go-round, Shrek 4-D, E.T. and M.I.B. with us, but really 4 rides in 2 parks? Which were about the same my wife could do being pregnant.

I was able to take her on many more rides in Disneyland when she was 8/9 months than 2yo at Uni.
So in spite of how much I think Uni is great, I am not planning to go back until both her and her little brother are over 48 inches or so (which will probably be some 2 years after Epic Universe opens, though they are both above average height for their ages)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It must be an American thing to hate Myrtle Beach. We had lots of fun there and it wasn't that expensive. Mind you we don't go in the middle of summer.
Well…the history there is long, but distinguished.

We ‘Mercians have lots of beaches….that isn’t a good one.

You guys have Tim Hortons, Moose and more importantly…Moosehead

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom