Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

bryanfze55

I just always wondered how it's any cheaper? We did Greece this year 8 night Athens, Santorini and mykonos. Now I have young adults but price tag was 15k before meals.
Me and some friends are going to try and catch the coronation in England next year, wooza London hotels are no joke (I don't do air bnbs so I never compare them).
I’ve found there is no such thing as cheap travel anymore, wherever you go. Rental cars and flights, in particular, have gotten obscene. I’m not excusing Disney, but it’s really all just a symptom of travel demand growing significantly every year. Travel wasn’t a lifestyle 30 years ago, now it is.

eliza61nyc

Two of these useless “lols”??

1. If you start crapping on anyone who wants to talk about prices and how it affects the customers…then the normal reaction is labels of “dusters” “sycophants” and shade tossed about celebrating paying more for the same product. Neither is productive…so best not to start it. And you know I love you…but this isn’t “the way”

2. 7am to scramble for ride slots…not to purchase the genie. That’s not “unprecedented demand” (what bald moron did you get that from?)…its a lack of capacity to accommodate the slots in the engine. By midday the slots are gone and the sales end. So “demand” never meets supply. Nobody wants it to get philharmagic or laughfloor. They’re losing money on that “demand” because they failed in investing in the capacity needed. Same as plus…just now real money at stake.

If you want to do this Econ 01 lecture stuff…try not to quote your textbook so much. It’s obviously not from an honors course.
Hey they weren't useless! I was laughing. Sorry but my observation is "throwing shade" is absolutely the norm here, especially if you say you have no issues and still plan to go.
But I'll remember the old adage about following the crowd and I did find you comment really amusing.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I was in MK on Monday, 3 October with a group of 6. It was a very crowded, non- MNSSHP day. To give you an idea of the crowds, HM never went below a (posted) 70 minute stand by wait.
With Genie + we were able to ride 19 rides - in addition we rode all 4 'mountains' twice and watched 5 'shows' (if you count the parade and fireworks as shows.

So you're saying that your party of 6 used Genie+ to get on nearly two dozen rides (which amounts to almost every ride in MK and you said you did all the mountains twice, obviously not using G+ for a second ride on those) plus 3 shows plus a parade plus DE on a crowded MK day? Color me skeptical, unless you crammed in a lot of those rides after 6-7pm. Maybe break it down to: open to noon; noon-6pm; 6pm-close.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is funny that you keep insisting that the very obvious cause of all of these issues, the excessive demand, can't possibly be true for no other reason than it doesn't fit your narrative.

If not demand what do you think is causing the ride slots to disappear so quickly? ARE THEY BEING EATEN BY SQUIRRELS??

You are looking at the effect and saying it's the cause. They are short on capacity because so many people want their product. That's the excessive demand part.
The “cause” is they implemented a system to replace one that people were familiar/trained to use.

They knew they could do it…so they did.

It’s not because of “unprecedented demand”…nothing has changed.

You need to stop throwing out abstract definitions that don’t fit this case and study history a little. And I’m not talking about 1998 when the fastpass machines were testing in beta mode…I’m talking about the normal organic growth to travel in Orlando over the last 5-6 years. TEA puts those estimates out. Easily accessible.

Bob I decreased additions as attendance grew. Now Bob 2 charges for it and claims he “created demand”

And you’re believing it without looking at the details. Analysis isn’t your thing.

el_super

Bob I decreased additions as attendance grew. Now Bob 2 charges for it and claims he “created demand”

Where did Chapek say he created demand?

They created Genie+ because their previous system, Fastpass, faltered under excessive demand.

They created Fastpass because excessive demand was driving longer wait times and negatively impacting the guest experience.

Their biggest problem today is managing demand for a product that cannot accomdate the ever growing number of people in this country that want to visit. Everything leads back to demand. Everything. I don't think I have ever heard anyone at Disney be so bold as to suggest they alone have created this problem, because they have been weathering this storm for 20+ years now.

History would be pretty fuzzy without acknowledging this basic fact.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So you're saying that your party of 6 used Genie+ to get on nearly two dozen rides (which amounts to almost every ride in MK and you said you did all the mountains twice, obviously not using G+ for a second ride on those) plus 3 shows plus a parade plus DE on a crowded MK day? Color me skeptical, unless you crammed in a lot of those rides after 6-7pm. Maybe break it down to: open to noon; noon-6pm; 6pm-close.
It’s possible if it’s dead and you sprint and limit pee breaks

But healthy skepticism

It reminds me of 7 years of people saying they got 5,8,10 fastpass+ and running wild at the place.

It was like an abominable unicorn

DisneyDreamer08

It is similar to how I used G+ in the past at DHS (never got it for EPCOT). Stacking in the afternoon is the best way for those of us who don't like to rope drop. Sucks having to get up that first time to get things started but it is doable.
I watched a YouTube video recently that was specifically targeted to using Genie+ when you want to sleep in. But the vlogger still got up at 7am to book her first LL 🤔😂 Setting an alarm for 6:55 is not sleeping in. I’d like to see actual first hand data from people literally strolling in at noon and just seeing what’s available.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I watched a YouTube video recently that was specifically targeted to using Genie+ when you want to sleep in. But the vlogger still got up at 7am to book her first LL 🤔😂 Setting an alarm for 6:55 is not sleeping in. I’d like to see actual first hand data from people literally strolling in at noon and just seeing what’s available.
Nothing…which is why they had lines for complaints/refunds daily last fall. Translation: people that had loyally attended and didn’t act like nuts outside the gates in the morning were hit in the face with a wet fish…for the most past.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Remember the ‘90s?

Wake up
Go to park
Ride things
Return to hotel
Go to bed

Now, a week at WDW is
1665698317140.jpeg

Dranth

I thought they closed that stacking loophole.
The loophole yes but not standard stacking.

I was just talking about getting up and grabbing one at 7 for as late as possible and then grab one every two hours after park opens. We would show up to DHS in the afternoon with three or four rides stacked and just continue to grab new ones every two hours until they ran out or closed.

YodaMan

Didn’t see anything when I used the search function so I apologize if this was shared, but Boma went up from $30 for the breakfast buffet to $35 within the past 3 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom