Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

EPCOT-O.G.

Original Poster
Today I've seen no less than four categories of price increases - Genie+ going to variable pricing ($15-$22, and perhaps higher), SWGE lightsaber (was $220, now $250) and droid building (was $99, now $120) have increased, and the refillable mugs are now $22 per visit (up from $20).

Any others?

Seems the C-suites are wanting to juice the revenue/profits again.

djkidkaz

Genie + is absolutely ridiculous. I’m local and was going to go to Epcot yesterday with my family of four. That would have been an initial cost of $60 for all of us just to use the fastpass system. My next thought was “Well we can just wait in line for some of the rides and not buy it. Let me check the wait times!”. When I pulled up the app, Living with the Land and Seas with Nemo had 35 minute waits and were some of the shortest in the park. Guardians had no ILL available, Ratatouille was 90 minutes so we just said screw it and didn’t go. My kids are still little enough that an hour wait isn’t feasible for them and I’ve been around long enough riding LwtL and Seas with Nemo with NO WAIT at all that I’m definitely not waiting 35 minutes for either of those. And those wait times for rides that previously had no waits is consistent, yesterday wasn’t an anomaly. So instead we took the kids to a local playground and got Chikfila, when previously our food money would have went to Disney.

The only way I can see genie + pricing not being awful is if you have 4 individual adults who are all paying for their own. But as a parent with kids and it’s all coming out of the same bank account, with record inflation going on, not gonna happen.

djkidkaz

“How do we control crowds”

Disney suit with a love for the parks and guest experience:
“Expand all the parks asap”

Disney suits who only care about the shareholders and their own personal accomplishments:
“That’s just dumb…raise prices!”

It works. My comment and example above are proof.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I figured this was coming November 1. Guess I was wrong.

How much did the price of a bottle of soda increase? The app will let me order food but I can't shop the Emporium. 🤦‍♂️

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I mean, you can't be surprised by food/beverage increase. Any purchasable good really.

Have you been shopping lately? It's out of control. Everywhere, everything. I literally hear people almost yelling out loud in the grocery store at the prices, every time we shop.

Did anyone really think Disney would be immune?
1665500337913.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom