Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
For every family that says enough us enough, there is 10 families who just up their credit limit and keep swiping....until that changes this greed and "pay more get less" Moto of the current short sited, one dimensional and talentless exec board won't stop this current path.

It's the sad heartbreaking reality of the company that shaped the best memories of my life growing up 💔

I'd rephrase that to the products of the company and not the company itsself.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
That didn’t start 1,2 or even 10 years ago…which is why it’s pointless to try and be “witty” about it unless you want to flesh it out and not toss bumper stickers slogans.

And why it’s not allowed here.

Inflation isn’t being caused by what some guys tell you on the tv…there’s much more responsibility to pass around. And we all know it.
Prices have gone up everywhere…including Disney

This is because of multiple factors…annual inflation and annual want to make more money.

I’m not pointing the finger at anyone. I’m merely pointing out there are multiple factors involved, including the almighty Disney greed as we are all accustomed to

etc98

This is because of multiple factors…annual inflation and annual want to make more money.

I’m not pointing the finger at anyone. I’m merely pointing out there are multiple factors involved, including the almighty Disney greed as we are all accustomed to
And annual inflation caused by annual want to make more money

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If that happens, they can change the prices again. If demand is high now (it is) they have a responsibility to raise prices now.

It might still be underpriced.
Just harken back to your experiences with prior recessions…we all remember how they handled the housing crash and the Dot.com/2002 double dip…

That will be a good “recession guide”

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They seemed to fare pretty well after 2008. If they hadn't we wouldn't be here today complaining about the next one.
Do you remember what happened? There was a distinct pattern in Florida, for sure.

It could work again…the “Bob special”

It wasn’t that long ago…so we all were footing the bills…like 2009ish?

Tha Realest

Original Poster

I actually think one of the reasons for price increases is stagnated attendance. It can’t grow much more (whether that’s due to an equilibrium in supply and demand, softening demand due to price increases, their artificial “capacity“ due to reservations, or other reasons) so they have to increase revenue somehow. They’ve shown they don’t care about increasing max capacity, so they’ll just charge those still coming more and more.

el_super

Do you remember what happened? There was a distinct pattern in Florida, for sure.

Discounting during downturns isn't unusual or a sign of failure. It's part of the plan.

Economic ability to visit, which is removed during a recession, shouldn't be confused with demand to go. Demand to go can stay incredibly high even during a recession.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Anyone think the post-Covid Disney travel bubble is going to pop sooner rather than later the more and more price increase news happens or do you think demand will continue as is and not fall off for either?
Honestly. And this is not directly pointed at you but enough with this whole post covid revenge travel that is creating this. Basically every one i know & every place they and myself have been too has been basically back to normal for well over a year now. How long we going to use this as to why Disneyis packed?!? And im sure there are plenty of covid fanatics that havent traveled yet that are probably itching to go places add that into over seas travelers & you have yourself a still crowded influx of people. And if you think Disney is in trouble bc of a recession and revenge travel being over God help Universal then bc they are investing Billions into a brand new park…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Honestly. And this is not directly pointed at you but enough with this whole post covid revenge travel that is creating this. Basically every one i know & every place they and myself have been too has been basically back to normal for well over a year now. How long we going to use this as to why Disneyis packed?!? And im sure there are plenty of covid fanatics that havent traveled yet that are probably itching to go places add that into over seas travelers & you have yourself a still crowded influx of people. And if you think Disney is in trouble bc of a recession and revenge travel being over God help Universal then bc they are investing Billions into a brand new park…
The reason I say post Covid trips is because many were waiting until they could visit Disney without masks which occurred earlier this year. Therefore some are just now getting those post Covid back to normal type trips at Disney.

I personally feel like things could fall off some next year (maybe after summer?) because of how the return to normal definitely doesn’t feel like the normal Disney the remember to some, especially in the wallet

We’ll see though.

eliza61nyc

That's great for you! Truly! Prices over here aren't so great.
And that's the thing, for a visitor from the northeast Disney food prices are high but not unreasonable.
I just brought this coke in Philly 20221007_143844.jpg

Five bucks and not at the stadium, this was in front of city hall.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
The reason I say post Covid trips is because many were waiting until they could visit Disney without masks which occurred earlier this year. Therefore some are just now getting those post Covid back to normal type trips at Disney.

I personally feel like things could fall off some next year (maybe after summer?) because of how the return to normal definitely doesn’t feel like the normal Disney the remember to some, especially in the wallet

We’ll see though.
Unfortunately Disney does not need to return to normal for people to return and visit and they are not the only place imo guilty of that. Does not make it right or trying ti justify it just saying…
As far as they are concerned. They just opened GoTG. They have intentionally delayed Tron to push yet another new attraction… will advertise Moana and hype it up like you are on the actual movie set. Will do whatever they can to spin Tianna as a brand new ride so on and so forth to try and justify that mistake and fiasco. 2 “new” night shows for MK & Epcot ;). The return of Fantasmic at some point. Im sure im missing other stuff oh wait the return of the Railroad as well that will keep this train (pun intended” running for a couple more years without a worry. During this time im sure you will see an announcement for a Dinoland replacement which should be ready in once this next hype is over and after the EU initial rush which i still believe Disney feels they will
Get sloppy seconds from which they may not be all that wrong.

Disstevefan1

Today I've seen no less than four categories of price increases - Genie+ going to variable pricing ($15-$22, and perhaps higher), SWGE lightsaber (was $220, now $250) and droid building (was $99, now $120) have increased, and the refillable mugs are now $22 per visit (up from $20).

Any others?

Seems the C-suites are wanting to juice the revenue/profits again.
AlwaysBeBack.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Discounting during downturns isn't unusual or a sign of failure. It's part of the plan.

Economic ability to visit, which is removed during a recession, shouldn't be confused with demand to go. Demand to go can stay incredibly high even during a recession.
See I don’t recall that…either working at Team D during a recession or studying how they handled the last one.

But whatever you say…

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Next trip in November will see a much larger order from a grocery. Plenty of fruit and water (and beer) in our room with cooler and ice. Fridge stocked with as much as we can. Not buying Genie or LL. Taking older magic bands. Got a discounted room with Dis+. Actually will be a pretty cheap trip.

Publix will sell and deliver liquor. Just saying. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom