Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Any others?

Haven't seen any, but I went ahead and renewed our APs today instead of waiting for them to increase those prices again.

Seems the C-suites are wanting to juice the revenue/profits again.

That's literally all they exist to do. Their job is to please the shareholders, not the guests.

mkt

Premium Member
See I don’t recall that…either working at Team D during a recession or studying how they handled the last one.

But whatever you say…

Oh god, I remember the crap they did post 9/11 and during the 08 collapse.

They didn't lower prices so much as they stripped value away from existing prices.

Get ready to pay the same for less. Enjoy your 12oz of Disney for the gallon you used to get.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Oh god, I remember the crap they did post 9/11 and during the 08 collapse.

They didn't lower prices so much as they stripped value away from existing prices.

Get ready to pay the same for less. Enjoy your 12oz of Disney for the gallon you used to get.
Wasnt that when they were offering the pay 4 days get 3 more days free promo? Also wasnt this the beginning of “free dining” promos as well?

mkt

Premium Member
Wasnt that when they were offering the pay 4 days get 3 more days free promo? Also wasnt this the beginning of “free dining” promos as well?

Those were promos, not actual price reductions.

Actual price reduction would be lowering the price of a one-day/one-park (ie, theirbaseline), which they view as lowering the perceived quality and value of the parks.

I know it's semantics, but that's how they view it.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Those were promos, not actual price reductions.

Actual price reduction would be lowering the price of a one-day/one-park (ie, theirbaseline), which they view as lowering the perceived quality and value of the parks.

I know it's semantics, but that's how they view it.
Its semantics but bottom line you were paying less for more when the final bill came. Define it any way you want but end of day to me that was a discounted time to go… even with the free dining but i dont wanna upset a certain person so i wont lol ;)

mkt

Premium Member
Its semantics but bottom line you were paying less for more when the final bill came. Define it any way you want but end of day to me that was a discounted time to go… even with the free dining but i dont wanna upset a certain person so i wont lol ;)

But they did it without eroding their long term value.

Want to see an example of companies that did it poorly? Look at the big-three automakers and Nissan: they discounted so frequently and so much that it took a global supply chain meltdown for people to pay MSRP again.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
But they did it without eroding their long term value.

Want to see an example of companies that did it poorly? Look at the big-three automakers and Nissan: they discounted so frequently and so much that it took a global supply chain meltdown for people to pay MSRP again.
So as a company they did it properly without risking long term success? Thats a good thing if you ask me. Customer received a deal during a downtime. A company didnt need to mortgage their future to stay in business & be successful over a decade later.

mkt

Premium Member
So as a company they did it properly without risking long term success? Thats a good thing if you ask me. Customer received a deal during a downtime. A company didnt need to mortgage their future to stay in business & be successful over a decade later.

Correct. They didn't budge on their baseline product - just offered greater value to those buying more "expensive" products (that ended up being a greater overall value).

I still remember paying under $400 for a Premium Annual Pass that got me into everywhere on property without blackout dates, and an extra $75 for dining Discounts and free resort valet. Now I pay almost $700 for the 4 parks with blackout dates.

Disstevefan1

WDWprices.jpg

;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly. And this is not directly pointed at you but enough with this whole post covid revenge travel that is creating this. Basically every one i know & every place they and myself have been too has been basically back to normal for well over a year now. How long we going to use this as to why Disneyis packed?!? And im sure there are plenty of covid fanatics that havent traveled yet that are probably itching to go places add that into over seas travelers & you have yourself a still crowded influx of people. And if you think Disney is in trouble bc of a recession and revenge travel being over God help Universal then bc they are investing Billions into a brand new park…
I would say the first 6 months or so of this year was very much “delayed” travel for many.

But the following excuses have expired:
1. Prices are up because of supply disruption. False…there is ample supply. In a lot of ways ineffeciency in supply is down as they slashed unpopular products.
2. Nobody can get anyone to work. False…full labor market is out there. You have to pay the market rate. If my prices don’t go back to 2017…neither does your labor costs.
3. Revenge travel.

Here Endeth the lesson. No more excuses.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I would say the first 6 months or so of this year was very much “delayed” travel for many.

But the following excuses have expired:
1. Prices are up because of supply disruption. False…there is ample supply. In a lot of ways ineffeciency in supply is down as they slashed unpopular products.
2. Nobody can get anyone to work. False…full labor market is out there. You have to pay the market rate. If my prices don’t go back to 2017…neither doesn’t your labor costs.
3. Revenge travel.

Here Endeth the lesson. No more excuses.
Bingo!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Would love to see maybe Disney & Uni prices during this time. Some other theme parks as well that are possibly a vacation destination as well for starters.
Those comparison would fail to paint the picture. At least for now. It’s the total cost that has to be factored and that is a function of length of stay. Regionals don’t play out. Universal doesn’t yet…but check it in 2-3 years.

The most accurate comparison - except for ski weeks - is still cruises out of Florida. The “most” accurate comp. Maybe weekly beach rentals?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Those comparison would fail to paint the picture. At least for now. It’s the total cost that has to be factored and that is a function of length of stay. Regionals don’t play out. Universal doesn’t yet…but check it in 2-3 years.

The most accurate comparison - except for ski weeks - is still cruises out of Florida. The “most” accurate comp. Maybe weekly beach rentals?
Beach rentals have skyrocketed recently i dont know what they were decades ago but over the last 5 years or so they have. Cruises are tough bc arent they more all inclusive? I see your point with what your saying but that begs the question. How many theme parks can boast what Disneyworld can? Arguably none hence why its unique & imo hence why people still go & in comparison i still think you can do Disney cheaper than other trips if willing to stay value. Even when Uni opens up EU to me it still will not get people to book a 6-7 day vacation there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Beach rentals have skyrocketed recently i dont know what they were decades ago but over the last 5 years or so they have. Cruises are tough bc arent they more all inclusive? I see your point with what your saying but that begs the question. How many theme parks can boast what Disneyworld can? Arguably none hence why its unique & imo hence why people still go & in comparison i still think you can do Disney cheaper than other trips if willing to stay value. Even when Uni opens up EU to me it still will not get people to book a 6-7 day vacation there.
And that’s my point when this comes up:

You have to factor all the costs for a 7 day average before people dismiss individual components as “not much”. The prices have gotten out of control because the customers are not judging the “divide and conquer” strategy properly.

It’s time for “reeducation”. Frankly.

As far as Uni goes…it really depends on what else they build to go with epic universe. A good transport system? More hotels? Another, better, nightlife district?

Who knows?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
And that’s my point when this comes up:

You have to factor all the costs for a 7 day average before people dismiss individual components as “not much”. The prices have gotten out of control because the customers are not judging the “divide and conquer” strategy properly.

It’s time for “reeducation”. Frankly.

As far as Uni goes…it really depends on what else they build to go with epic universe. A good transport system? More hotels? Another, better, nightlife district?

Who knows?
Like ive shared countless times. My per day average Disney price is cheapest of all my trips going back min of 5 years in what i feel are comparative vacations…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom