Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

David S.

Alright here we go.

You are being a troll because you are freaking out and lashing out at everyone because one of the rides you liked and as well as a land you liked are being destroyed. Look I'm sorry that you are this upset but don't take it out on the whole forum. Tone it down is all I'm asking.

Uh, no. I didn't "lash out" at anyone. The only one I was short with was one member who personally insulted me first! You are asking me not to passionately express my opinions about what I am losing, but there is nothing wrong with my doing so. Everyone has the right to their own opinion. I am not trying to "rain on the parade" of those who are happy that what I am losing is being destroyed, I am just trying to state my own unique opinion and pay tribute to and respect to beloved favorites.

And secondly, arent DL and Tokyo now the only ones with a Toontown? They aren't in every castle style park. Unlike those Toontowns, ours was meant to be temporary. Its a shell of what a Toontown should be. I would like to see the Fab 5 get their own park many years down the line. I love touring through the houses, but I'd prefer something new and fresh to something dilapidated and temporary. I'm sorry you don't feel the same way. As I said MANY times before, you are entitled to your own opinion.

Ours was meant to be "temporary" WHEN it was "Mickey's Birthdayland". The Toontown Fair upgrade brought it up to par with Disneyland's EXCEPT for lacking the Roger Rabbit ride and Downtown sections. But like DL, we have Mickey and Minnie's House, and Donald's Boat. Barnstormer can even be considered an upgrade to Gadget's Go Coaster, because of the two-train operation and being themed to a more beloved, universally-known character.

Thirdly, that is a gross extrapolation of what I said. You made the argument that DL has many classic dark rides, and thats the reason it was better. I would PREFER fresh, original rides verses clones. The attractions you described are E-Tickes, Snow White wasn't. Again, it sucked. There isn't any comparison to the other dark rides in Fantasyland, and can't even hold a candle to the mountains.

Those stories that you refer to are wonderful, yes, but the parks should be unique. Why would I go to Disneyland if its just like Disney World? Each park should have new and unique experiences. This expansion is bringing us fresh, new classics (for the most part). If it were just clones or better versions of said dark rides, I would be utterly furious. Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, and TLM are now being told in a unique way. Be happy. :)

And for the record, Toad was just as bad as SW in my opinion. And this is coming from the person that has to be pried away from POTC, HM, and PPF.

This is all just down to opinion. Maybe I want what I consider the classics from DL because WDW is 5-10 minutes from my seasonal home and DL is 40 hours (I don't fly). Ever think of that? I could give a rats patootie if what we get can be found in another park thousands of miles away if it's an attraction I enjoy and would make me happy to have in my "home" Castle Park I visit the most. I don't have the need to say "We have something the other resorts don't". I get no joy, or satisfaction from that whatsoever. If someone from Cali loved The Great Movie Ride and DCA decided to add it, I wouldn't think "Oh no, one less WDW exclusive". Instead, I'd be happy that more people would get a chance to enjoy this classic attraction!

And to an extent, the E-ticket thing is just a matter of personal taste. Yes, I know Disney once classified as such, but my point is, if DL had a Mansion and MK didn't, all the fanboys would be foaming with glee if one was announced for MK. The only difference between this and my desire to get the classic DL Fantasyland dark rides into the MK, is that my favorites tend to be the more quaint, charming, short-but-sweet so-called "C-ticket" Fantasyland dark rides, which are the most important part of a "Castle Park" for my taste. They are MY "E-tickets", as is Snow White and Toontown.

David S.

In David S's defense, while I am pro-FLE (particularly since the changes were made to the original plans), I do not just give WDI/TDO the benefit of the doubt anymore. Sure, they are replacing SWSA with a new Snow White attraction ... and to me it looks great ... but I also enjoy the current SWSA just fine and I now have immediate trepidation anytime they say there are refurbishing or replacing a beloved attraction. I feel I've been burned too many times in the past 10-15 years by that same approach (a list I'm not about to rehash here).

So if David S says he really likes the SWSA and he doesn't trust WDI to improve upon it ... I totally understand his concerns. I have a gut feeling that the show elements of SWSA will be incorporated into the Mine Car ride, so I think it'll just make for more elaborate version of SWSA, but I could be wrong. They could botch it, instead, and I wouldn't be surprised.

Just remember, they are spending a ton of money and they are only adding one new attraction to this area. They are spending this money because they think it's going to get young children to spend more time in this area (and lessen the burden on the rest of the park) and more importantly, because they think it will cause young children to spend money in this area of the park. If it doesn't work out how they planned (and really, what has lived up to their initial expectations in the last decade?) it can just as easily be used as an excuse by TDO to not make further improvements and expansions within the park.

It's not just a "hey, we're getting something new - hooray!" situation, the decisions greenlit now, will affect further decisions and greenlights down the line.

All of that said, I hate the concept of meet & greets, but I have a feeling the new princess M&G area will resemble the Artists Workshop in DCA and if it does, that will become one of the most popular areas of the park for small children.

/Now, and this is very important, nobody ask David S his opinion on FastPass or he'll give you a 45 minute dissertation on the exact order he tours the park's attractions.

Only when people state that it is "impossible" to tour the park "sequentially by land" using FP, I had to do this a few times to illustrate otherwise. But thanks for the other stuff you said, since we have been on different sides of the FP fence! ;)

PS And for what it's worth, I don't tour the parks in the same exact order every single visit. Those touring plans you refer to were just samples :) And I posted them merely to try and be helpful!

S

stphnbogert

WESH doesn't have news on at 7. Unless they're going to interrupt local programming to do it...i don't think its going to be on TV until 11pm.

David S.

Once again thanks. Sorry for flying off the rails there. :D

BTW, is David Flower'sChild by chance? :zipit:

Nope, I only have one account here (and at every board I'm a member of). It's really strange how just because I have a different opinion than the majority about whether a ride and ENTIRE section that I enjoy should be removed, there is all this controversy where I am insulted, called a "troll", and in this case, suspected of having multiple accounts!

It's kind of sad that apparently there is so little love on here for the current Snow White and Toontown that all of this happens because of my love for these attractions.

Jerm

Thank you, that is what was confusing me. So a portion of it will be open in 2012, but not everything. I feel a lot better about this project now, thanks again. :wave:

Thanks for confirming my previous point that if someone says something on this board out of the norm they are instantly labeled "troll". :wave:

I think you were labeled a troll because you came out of the box swinging at things you didn't know about. It sounds like you came to the dance half way threw and just thought you could catch up. You want to avoid being the "troll" or having people say those things about you, read the entire 52 pages before you start saying things that had been coved a few times already.

But the difference is, he didn't TEAR DOWN down and close Disneyland in order to build WDW. Again, I am NOT against getting "new toys". But only if they don't come at the price of something I've ALREADY bonded with and care DEEPLY about.

No, I'm just not happy about change when I lose something I DEEPLY care about as part of the change.

I am guessing you are backing up all this by talking about Walt as the "he"? Walt tore out more things then anyone else, heck he closed all of Tomorrowland, tore it down and built it all a new because HE was not happy with it. While we all have attachments to attractions, shows, parades, fireworks, bathrooms, benches and anything else we might touch. WE are not who they (those people that have to answer to the share holders) are worried about coming back. In the 30 years I have been a Disney fan I have seen attractions come and go...heck some coming and going in the same year...but what it comes down to is you can't please all the people all the time!

If you are upset that SWSA is leaving, get out there ride it one last time and take all the video and pics you can! The bottom line is progress waits for no one Dave! And because "I lose something I DEEPLY care about as part of the change" it does not matter!!!!! Yes you can voice that you feel that way, but really as much screaming and yelling you have done about all of this, you should sit down and write a strongly worded letter to Disney! While they will care about as much as we all do about something you "DEEPLY care about" you will 1. not have to deal with all of us responding to you and 2. get a nice letter back from them saying thank you.....which should be taken as WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!

aka_emilicious

Please tell me they are replacing the tents. Not as in demolishing and building something else, but as in replacing the vinyl/plastic covering. I remember terrible leaks in County Bounty.

Side note: I wonder how ride complexes will change. With the addition of two new rides and the elimination of Toonies the ride rotations will have to change.

raven

Original Poster
It's kind of sad that apparently there is so little love on here for the current Snow White and Toontown that all of this happens because of my love for these attractions.

Gonna take a stab at this and say maybe it's because you posted, in great length, on and on, how you oppose to this when the majority of people on here find this good news. To me that sounds like you were looking for attention.

S

stphnbogert

I am sure that they will have a live internet feed, at the speed in which info is leaked I am sure they want to say they are he first to report it.

i doubt it....its 15min. til the press event and nothing on the site of a live internet feed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom