Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

S

stphnbogert

They just announced that Cinderella's Castle is changing to Spiderman's Castle!!!!!!

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Just kidding. =)

trr1

from wesh
Just a blog tonight. Couldn't get live video out. :) Thanks for joining us.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com

David S.

I think you were labeled a troll because you came out of the box swinging at things you didn't know about. It sounds like you came to the dance half way threw and just thought you could catch up. You want to avoid being the "troll" or having people say those things about you, read the entire 52 pages before you start saying things that had been coved a few times already.

Uh, no, I read the ENTIRE thread! Have been reading it since it began days ago. And just because things have been "covered", it doesn't mean I agree with them!

I am guessing you are backing up all this by talking about Walt as the "he"? Walt tore out more things then anyone else, heck he closed all of Tomorrowland, tore it down and built it all a new because HE was not happy with it. While we all have attachments to attractions, shows, parades, fireworks, bathrooms, benches and anything else we might touch. WE are not who they (those people that have to answer to the share holders) are worried about coming back. In the 30 years I have been a Disney fan I have seen attractions come and go...heck some coming and going in the same year...but what it comes down to is you can't please all the people all the time!

I NEVER said Walt didn't remove attractions at DL. You are quoting me out of context. What I DID say, in response to Sea Castle was, he never tore down the ENTIRE Disneyland to build WDW. And when you look at what Walt did remove/change at DL, most of his changes that involved removals were in updating TL (which by it's nature and theme HAS to be) and in the other lands got rid of a few minor attractions (Midget Autopia) or things that posed logistical problems (Pack Mules, etc). He never closed any of the classic Fantasyland Dark Rides bassed on his Animated Classic Films, and in fact added the Alice ride by building most of it on the second story of the Toad ride due to space limitations!

And one thing that is an absolute FACT is, aside from replacing early exhibits from Tomorrowland, most of the changes that Walt made to Disneyland were purely "plussing" the park without taking another attraction away. The Train Dioramas, Mr. Lincoln, Swiss Family Treehouse, Tiki Birds, Pirates (completed after his death), Mansion (completed after his death), Sailing Ship Columbia, Alice In Wonderland dark ride, Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through, It's A Small World, Matterhorn Bobsleds, and Submarine Voyage were ALL major additions to Disneyland made by Walt that did NOT come at the expense of an existing attraction.

I know attractions close, and the 90's were VERY brutal for this - 20 K, Toad, Tiki 1, Figment 1, Horizons, World Of Motion, etc. It was a tragic bloodbath where nothing seemed sacred, and so I voted with my pocketbook by staying away for awhile!

Things were calm for awhile, other than the tragic removal of Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends at Animal Kingdom. But now they are back to their old tricks, by bombarding fans with the loss of MULTIPLE attractions at once.

If you are upset that SWSA is leaving, get out there ride it one last time and take all the video and pics you can! The bottom line is progress waits for no one Dave! And because "I lose something I DEEPLY care about as part of the change" it does not matter!!!!! Yes you can voice that you feel that way, but really as much screaming and yelling you have done about all of this, you should sit down and write a strongly worded letter to Disney! While they will care about as much as we all do about something you "DEEPLY care about" you will 1. not have to deal with all of us responding to you and 2. get a nice letter back from them saying thank you.....which should be taken as WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!

One last time? Try SEVERAL last times! And I WILL be writing a letter explaining why I will let my AP expire without renewal, after several years, the first time it comes up for renewal once Toontown and SW are both gone.

I'll be investing that money in a lengthy trip to Disneyland instead, where they care more about their history. Only two moves in the entire history of that park made me cringe - the loss of America Sings (which in effect evolved into Splash Mountain), and the loss of CBJ. None of the other closures there have really bothered me tremendously (although it would be nice to have the Peoplemover back - rumours say it could be coming). They even brought back their classic Submarine ride after a decade of closure!

And as for my "season" in Orlando, once SW and Toontown are gone, I'll be keeping my Busch/Sea World AP, and I'll be replacing my WDW AP with... a Universal one instead, which I've NEVER had before, partly out of loyalty to Disney. If the "New Fantasyland" is intended to be a "Potterswatter", it is having the EXACT opposite effect on me!

As for the all-caps "not caring what I think", I really don't care if you do. If it causes you so much distress, though, I have some sage words of advice for you - DON'T READ IT!

Jerm

I am sure if you have the Disney Parks twitter feed you will be being updated just as the words are coming out of who evers mouth is saying it. They are trying to make sure they break everything first!

raven

Original Poster
The WESH 2 news reporter is blogging from his iPhone. :lol: High-tech broadcast station technology there.

_Scar

One last time? Try SEVERAL last times! And I WILL be writing a letter explaining why I will let my AP expire without renewal, after several years, the first time it comes up for renewal once Toontown and SW are both gone.

I'm sure a lot of us are sad that SW and Toontown are leaving. But one is temporary and the other is, let's face it, outdated (plus, Snow White is getting an upgrade). Go to Disneyland if you're this distraught to see a better SWSA than MK would ever have (with awesome effects) and a proper, permanent Toontown. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom