Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That kinda things makes me worry about how Ron Howard's Dark Tower is gonna work. I fear the worst.:lookaroun
Well if he can do what he wants...a movie and TV series.... it might be good. From what I hear he wants to include as much of the book as possible. I guess it is down to whether the who ever is flipping the bill will let him.

Lee

Adventurer
Well if he can do what he wants...a movie and TV series.... it might be good. From what I hear he wants to include as much of the book as possible. I guess it is down to whether the who ever is flipping the bill will let him.

Yeah...I guess...
Personally, I was hoping for a 7 season run on HBO ala Sopranos.

Anyhow....The Announcement...could (slight chance) be big...:animwink:

juan

Please link to that post. I was of the opinion the mine train was possible but I personally doubted it. Remember all the convincing it took to talk me out of the belief that the ride might extend below ground, literally? Yeah that was me. It took a while to "convince" me but I won't be 100% until it is announced.

Well the post linked in your signature shows that you were convinced that changes were only on the fringes. And you even promised to retire to the imagineering forum.
A new ride is more than just changes on the fringes.

cbconglom

Yeah...I guess...
Personally, I was hoping for a 7 season run on HBO ala Sopranos.

Anyhow....The Announcement...could (slight chance) be big...:animwink:

You're killin me! Slight hint? I promise I will not speak ill of you if it doesn't transpire :)

Atomicmickey

AAAArrrrrgh!

Now it's being called,

The Announcement

*cue music*

Dum-dum-DUUUMMMMM!!

*add fireworks and lasers*

BOOM!

and finally, fling a pumpkin.

*splat!*

None more black.

:lol:

juan

AAAArrrrrgh!

Now it's being called,

The Announcement

*cue music*

Dum-dum-DUUUMMMMM!!

*add fireworks and lasers*

BOOM!

and finally, fling a pumpkin.

*splat!*

None more black.

:lol:

I will chuckle if nothing happens.

I'm hoping for big news, but you never know; tomorrow we may all be :hammer::brick:

jt04

Well the post linked in your signature shows that you were convinced that changes were only on the fringes. And you even promised to retire to the imagineering forum.
A new ride is more than just changes on the fringes.

"Changes at the margins" is a direct quote of Tom Staggs.

I put the post in my signature because many people were misrepresenting what I said as you just did. Try reading again. It is still valid but of course I can and will define the word 'usually' since I wrote it. Notice also that the post has not been edited. It has proved the point it was meant to.

Heh. :)

:wave:

SeaCastle

I put the post in my signature because many people were misrepresenting what I said as you just did. Try reading again. It is still valid but of course I can and will define the word 'mostly' since I wrote it. Notice also that the post has not been edited. It has proved the point it was meant to.

"Mostly"? :lol:

Only one of your past 300 posts have been in the Imagineering section. :rolleyes:

Unless you're doing a Betty White kind of retirement, in that case you're doing a great job.

juan

I put the post in my signature because many people were misrepresenting what I said as you just did. Try reading again. It is still valid but of course I can and will define the word 'mostly' since I wrote it. Notice also that the post has not been edited. It has proved the point it was meant to.

Here's your sig:
Lee: And how will you take it when the changes are relatively substantial? Umm...the changes are a bit more than that. Some additions, some cuts....

JT: Oh, I hope I am wrong. But to give you a more direct answer, I will retire to the Imagineering forum and only post there........usually.

So you are saying that a new ride is not a substantial change?

raven

Original Poster
Will the walls have to jut out more when the coaster starts construction?

It shouldn't unless they move the wall out to make room for fill-dirt waiting to be used. Otherwise the queue will start about where the wall is now, across from the quick serve area (Mrs. Potts Cupboard...or whatever they are calling it now).

Ignohippo

There was speculation a while back about the Swiss Family Treehouse being torn down to make way for a POTC pirate ship. Perhaps that's what he was referring to?

Why isn't anyone mentioning the Jungle Trek as part of the announcement tomorrow?

raven

Original Poster
There was speculation a while back about the Swiss Family Treehouse being torn down to make way for a POTC pirate ship. Perhaps that's what he was referring to?

Why isn't anyone mentioning the Jungle Trek as part of the announcement tomorrow?

Nope, that's not what I was referring to but that sounds good. Too bad that JC would separate the ship and the actual POTC though.

jt04

Here's your sig:
Lee: And how will you take it when the changes are relatively substantial? Umm...the changes are a bit more than that. Some additions, some cuts....

JT: Oh, I hope I am wrong. But to give you a more direct answer, I will retire to the Imagineering forum and only post there........usually.

So you are saying that a new ride is not a substantial change?

No, I took Staggs at his word. If they do add the mine train in any form (unless it is a ride you might see at a carnival) then I will keep my word. However there are some threads and subjects (two or three) where I will continue to be an active participant in addition to the Imagineering forumm where I lurk mostly.

I spend to much time here and want to move on to other subjects anyway. Everything I was interested in has or soon will be announced.

S

stphnbogert

Nope, that's not what I was referring to but that sounds good. Too bad that JC would separate the ship and the actual POTC though.

were you referring to a Jungle Cruise refurbishment? since there is a jungle cruise movie coming out 2012/2013.

SeaCastle

were you referring to a Jungle Cruise refurbishment? since there is a jungle cruise movie coming out 2012/2013.

Jungle Cruise was supposed to have gone an extensive refurb in 2006, supposedly. The only thing they really fixed (to my knowledge) is the re-construction of the loading dock, which was in pretty poor shape from what I've read.

S

stphnbogert

Jungle Cruise was supposed to have gone an extensive refurb in 2006, supposedly. The only thing they really fixed (to my knowledge) is the re-construction of the loading dock, which was in pretty poor shape from what I've read.

do you know when a possible refurbishment is likely? i would love to see that ride get some attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom