Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

The complete series has been around three years, and the film series still isn't complete. The longevity thus far has been deliberate stretching of the release dates by Rowling and Warner Bros., not due to people inspired to pass down the text for its value. The Return of the King was published in 1955, forty-eight years before it's film was released. You really think that a film version of Deathly Hallows would be successful in 2059? No chance.

Regardless, I'm WELL aware that there is ZERO chance of Disney announcing LOtR tomorrow or any time in the future, I just believe that if they DID, it would outstrip Potter by a mile.

After every other crazy theory being thrown around on the previous 21 pages of this thread, I figure it doesn't hurt to delve into the most impossible, fit-inducing possibilities out there (i.e. a life-size recreation of the Starship Enterprise in Tomorrowland, a fifth gate featuring Minas Tirith on one side and Barad-dur on the other, etc.). But alas, we dream.

You know there was a movie made in 1978 that completely bombed right?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Is the press event actually starting AT 6?

If the MK closes at 6, they would conceivably need time to clear guests out of the park before beginning, no?

inluvwithbeast

Finally!!!! I have been saying this for years and no one I have talked to sees this. Entire characters and scenes were ripped from LotR and dropped right into potter. She is a complete ripoff artist

The themes of LotR, Narnia, HP, and many other books/movie franchise (the idea that loves conquers all; the greatest act by man is to sacrifice oneself for another) are ingrained in the Western brain.

Anyway...
The question of live feed has been asked several times. My guess? There is no live feed, because no one can seem to answer that question.

ToTBellHop

Is the press event actually starting AT 6?

If the MK closes at 6, they would conceivably need time to clear guests out of the park before beginning, no?
You are likely correct--they don't say it starts at 6:00. They say the park closes at 6:00 before the "after hours" event. So it won't start right at 6. Realistically, 7 pm? It needs to be completely dark so you can see the new Castle show, and it's not dark enough until 6:45 or so now.

Testtrack321

You are likely correct--they don't say it starts at 6:00. They say the park closes at 6:00 before the "after hours" event. So it won't start right at 6. Realistically, 7 pm? It needs to be completely dark so you can see the new Castle show, and it's not dark enough until 6:45 or so now.

Probably reception at 630, starts at 7, show around 720-730, then end of the presser.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You know there was a movie made in 1978 that completely bombed right?
What did you expect? They tried to cram more than 1000 pages of literature into a 1.5 hour movie. The special edition live action movies ran nearly 12 hours and they still left out huge chunks of the books.

Lee

Adventurer
What did you expect? They tried to cram more than 1000 pages of literature into a 1.5 hour movie. The special edition live action movies ran nearly 12 hours and they still left out huge chunks of the books.

That kinda things makes me worry about how Ron Howard's Dark Tower is gonna work. I fear the worst.:lookaroun

jt04

Didn't JT claim that the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella cottages were still coming and the mine train ride was just a "myth"? :brick:

Please link to that post. I was of the opinion the mine train was possible but I personally doubted it. Remember all the convincing it took to talk me out of the belief that the ride might extend below ground, literally? Yeah that was me. It took a while to "convince" me but I won't be 100% until it is announced.

Maybe you should expand your sources of information. The Seven Dwarves Mine Train is known about all over the place and is constantly being corroborated.

The stories about skewing guest surveys are also old and well known.

That seems to be the case, but he'll deny it all when it is announced and say he knew it was coming and they are exactly as he thought they would.

See above. Please get your facts before you attempt lame revisionism. Thanks.

:wave:

24 hours to the truth. :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom