Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Ignohippo

Nope, that's not what I was referring to but that sounds good. Too bad that JC would separate the ship and the actual POTC though.

It would, but sometimes you gotta do the best you can with what you have. At least they'd be in the same relative area. :shrug:

SeaCastle

do you know when a possible refurbishment is likely? i would love to see that ride get some attention.

No clue when one would be likely, though this would seem like the right time of year to do it. But with Phil Holmes running the Magic Kingdom like he is now, I suspect it will be years before the Jungle Cruise ever gets a decent refurbishment.

For some reason, I'm getting flashbacks to the ill-conceived September 2010 announcement where they unveiled "Let the Memories Begin". There was such high expectations for an announcement (or even acknowledgement) regarding the Fantasyland project and we wound up with an intoxicated Tom Burgeron, an embarassed Tom Staggs, and a redundant ad campaign.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No clue when one would be likely, though this would seem like the right time of year to do it. But with Phil Holmes running the Magic Kingdom like he is now, I suspect it will be years before the Jungle Cruise ever gets a decent refurbishment.

For some reason, I'm getting flashbacks to the ill-conceived September 2010 announcement where they unveiled "Let the Memories Begin". There was such high expectations for an announcement (or even acknowledgement) regarding the Fantasyland project and we wound up with an intoxicated Tom Burgeron, an embarassed Tom Staggs, and a redundant ad campaign.

But that was the best part of the announcement, for me at least....:cool:

Atomicmickey

How sad is it that the depths of my Disney madness compels me to check this forum every hour until the actual announcement is made, just to watch people go at it in this thread?

In the absence of actual info, it'll have to do . . . . :ROFLOL:

raven

Original Poster
How sad is it that the depths of my Disney madness compels me to check this forum every hour until the actual announcement is made, just to watch people go at it in this thread?

In the absence of actual info, it'll have to do . . . . :ROFLOL:

Nearly as addicting as Facebook.

BTW, current can "liners" now are white, actual bags are black. :animwink:

Atomicmickey

Nearly as addicting as Facebook.

BTW, current can "liners" now are white, actual bags are black. :animwink:

OOOH! Do you think they'll talk about that at the event?
I can dream, can't I? :animwink:

I'm going to be there in three weeks, will have to check. With John Hench gone, I wonder how they picked which white to use?

stitch2008

I'm so lost in all of this. There is so much happening in this thread. Just so I know, is Project X the mine coaster idea or something else? Cause I've heard both mentioned and its so confusing to me.:shrug:

huntzilla

Kinda both....kinda....or one now, one later...or...let's just wait and see.

Going out on that limb one more time. If Shanghai is announced then some of their attractions (excluding the mine coaster because this has been semi confirmed) would likely be added to WDW at some point? If concept art for the park is shown we would have an indication for the future. Closer?

Lee

Adventurer
Going out on that limb one more time. If Shanghai is announced then some of their attractions (excluding the mine coaster because this has been semi confirmed) would likely be added to WDW at some point? If concept art for the park is shown we would have an indication for the future. Closer?

Kinda, sorta in the ballpark....

Captain Chaos

Kinda, sorta in the ballpark....

Hmmm so, Shanghai gets announced with the mine coaster, but the mine coaster for FLE isn't announced.. But we can expect to see a similar mine coaster in FLE from the concept art for Shanghai...

Not very exciting honestly...

raven

Original Poster
OOOH! Do you think they'll talk about that at the event?
I can dream, can't I? :animwink:

I'm going to be there in three weeks, will have to check. With John Hench gone, I wonder how they picked which white to use?

Some custodians are using the liners as bags, which are very thin and break with ease. But they still have some white bags which are still thinner than the actual black ones, which I think most of them use. But my department uses the heavy duty ones.

huntzilla

Hmmm so, Shanghai gets announced with the mine coaster, but the mine coaster for FLE isn't announced.. But we can expect to see a similar mine coaster in FLE from the concept art for Shanghai...

Not very exciting honestly...

I believe, that this announcement would ALSO be happening with the FLE/Mine Coaster announcement. Two separate things.

Captain Chaos

I believe, that this announcement would ALSO be happening with the FLE/Mine Coaster announcement. Two separate things.

I hope so... That is really the only information I am looking forward to, as I am not expecting any suprises or anything huge.... Well, the mine coaster can be considered huge, but we already know it is coming, just not officially...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom