Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Ignohippo

Color me excited about this, but as I said previously my expectations are Fantasyland concept art and a bit of some clarification on the projects involved (presumably the Tangled additions).

I wouldn't be surprised if Shanghai was announced, but it does seem that they'd want to make that a separate event.

With all that said, we're shining our Jim Hill Bat symbol for our show next Sunday and the agenda will be the press conference and Fantasyland.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jungle Trek as a part of this event. Doesn't it start soon as well?

A Tangled area with the tower would be a great addition!!!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
This thread is so melodramatic.

I love how speculation in this thread has run the gamut from something as small as "finalizing existing plans" all the way to a 5th gate announcement. :lol:

Tigger1988

Color me excited about this, but as I said previously my expectations are Fantasyland concept art and a bit of some clarification on the projects involved (presumably the Tangled additions).

Are you assuming this or did I miss talk of Tangled being added?

flavious27

I really have no idea what is coming next. I don't know what the plans are for Fantasyland or for the rest of WDW for that matter. However, I am fairly certain of a couple of things. #1 We need to quit worrying about what Disney's answer to HP is going to be. Quite frankly, there is absolutely nothing that can be an answer to Harry Potter, at least for the next 10-15 years. There is not a single franchise/idea around today that gets people as hyped up as the HP franchise. There is absolutely nothing that could be built at WDW that could have thousands and thousands of people as pumped as Hogwarts.

Lord+of+the+Rings.jpg

new-star-trek-logo-500x315.jpg

james_bond_007.jpg

flavious27

A Star Wars land would emmasculate the poor boy wizard.

I think the hundreds of thousands of happy visitors to Small World, Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh would disagree with your comments. As a father of a small child, I'd love to see them build more new dark rides with "twirling things on metal rods". These rides have stood the test of time and I'm sure, if the exact same rides were created today, they'd still be just as popular.

I'm afraid the mindset that every new attraction needs to be groundbreaking and cost hundreds of millions of dollars is what's actually stifling creativity and keeping us from getting new attractions. Certainly TDO needs to keep aiming for those types of heights but not every new addition needs to cost more or be more technologically advanced than the competition. Theming and creativity will always trump technology.

You can spend hundreds of millions on a new groundbreaking attraction but that doesn't mean it won't be forgotten when the next amazing thing comes along.

Without any new films being developed and released, I don't think disney is going to spend money on more than the update to star tours, a beter jedi academy and a Cantina.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
LESS thrilling?! Noooooooo! This isn't turning out to be what I thought it would....
Less thrilling does not necessarily mean bad. PoTC, JC and HM are less thrill related than Barnstormer but they are leaps and bounds better attractions. From what has been reported it will be a pretty nice dark ride with an exciting ending.

WDWFigment

I think I should just stay away from the news and rumor board until after the announcement tomorrow. I could easily waste all day at work today reading and responding to posts. Exciting stuff, here! Thanks to all those who are sharing--who actually have some degree of knowledge on these projects!

jmuboy

Fewer pixies, a mine coaster, more modest meet and greets to focus on "real attractions" and a refresh to the entire area of FL. I like the direction of the FLE version 2.0

My only gripe is that we will loose a dark ride. I'm okay with the Snow White dark ride being removed and the Snow White theme carried on via the new mine coaster ride. What I lament (my only thumbs down to this project now) is that we didn't repurpose the space into a new dark ride, even if it were announced but not built until all the other FLE work is complete. Ideally the Snow White space would be converted into a simple dark ride for Tangled, Pinocchio, Cinderella or SB, etc. I love the Pinocchio dark ride at DL and would be more than fine with a clone of it at WDW. TDO could even make their cash back by building a Geppetto’s Toy Shop retail store. Anyway, it would have been nice to see that additional ride capacity bumped up a little more. I know that’s still a possibility, but I’m not holding my breath that TDO will revisit that space ANYTIME soon one the new meet and greets are installed there.

But again, overall I’m pleased with what I think is coming based on all the news from our very reliable sources. While not perfect, we will have a much nicer FL in 18 more months than what was there before.

NYwdwfan

I think I should just stay away from the news and rumor board until after the announcement tomorrow. I could easily waste all day at work today reading and responding to posts. Exciting stuff, here! Thanks to all those who are sharing--who actually have some degree of knowledge on these projects!

Amen to that!

Thurp

This thread is so melodramatic.

I love how speculation in this thread has run the gamut from something as small as "finalizing existing plans" all the way to a 5th gate announcement. :lol:

It reminds me of all of the hoopla before an Apple event. People wish for anything from a slightly faster iMac to a teleportation machine.

But you know, it's all fun, all of it; just as long as you remember how much fun the build up was and don't let the final news disappoint you.

Tom

Beta Return

No kidding! I need to unsubscribe from this thread.

And yes, thank you to the people (Lee and Raven) who have provided us with credible information regarding the pending press conference and the actual information that will come forth.

menamechris

It's fun to dream, but don't be disappointed tomorrow, guys. If it was as big as some of these ideas are, the local media would most definetly be invited (as well as national media) and there would be a HUGE buzz. Alas, not a word from our Orlando media outlets. Let's face it - tomorrow the Disney blog will post something at around 10am saying that there will be a press conference, they will pat themselves on the back about the new Disney Dream, talk some FLE stuff that we already now (because believe it or not, the average American doesn't know it is going on anyways....), and then talk about the campaign. Quite frankly, I will be shocked if it makes the local 11:00 news. I would love to dream a bigger dream, but I was WAY too let down last time to even go there this time... Ha! :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
From Mouseplanet:

Press event to debut new castle show, new ship

Walt Disney Parks & Resorts is holding a major press event this week taking place on both land and sea.

Tuesday evening, the Magic Kingdom closes at 6:00 before the after-hours start of the press event. The evening kicks off with a presentation on what's new and what's next at Walt Disney World. Later on, the media will get the first look at the new "The Magic, The Memories and You!" castle projection show. (The show will premiere to the public on Wednesday night, and will debut on the facade of "it's a small world" at Disneyland Park on Friday night.)

Wednesday, the action moves to the ocean with the Christening Voyage of the Disney Dream. The Disney Cruise Line's newest ship will be christened at 10:40 a.m., and you can watch the ceremony live on the Disney Cruise Line Web site (link). Following the ceremony, the ship will sail away with the media for a two-day cruise, providing the media with an opportunity to find out about all of the new amenities on board. There will be media sessions on the interactive play floor in the Oceaneers Club, the new Magical Portholes that give inside staterooms a view of the outside, the AquaDuck water coaster, interactive artwork, new restaurants, nightclubs, and Disney's Believe – the Disney Cruise Line's newest show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom