Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

csm

FWIW Google is a handy convertor - google "one mile in km" for example...

Ohhh I know thaaaaaaat.

But when you're sitting and having a face to face conversation with someone who is telling you things they probably should not, I do not think it to be proper manners to say "hang on while I convert!"

juan

Well the problem is, my friend is Dutch, so naturally he was speaking in terms of meters, and I am not a math guy. Very easy to lose me in thoughts of conversion, but he kept saying "Everest scale!"

He also made it a point to say he was surprised how intense it will be - speaking in terms of transitions between banking. No, it does not go upside down. No, it does not launch. No, it is not a powered coaster. Lift hill, gravity the whole way, true classic coaster in that sense, but he said it was much more intense looking than Thunder or Everest.

Well Everest is 4424' long which is about .83 of a mile, which is quite a bit of track.

By comparison (WDW):
Big Thunder: 2780'
Barnstormer: 679'
Space Mountain: 3196' and 3186'
Primeval Whirl: 1378'
Rock n Rollercoaster: 3403'

(from RCDB)

aladdin2007

It will def be nice to see a bit of new concept art if anything from the press event. I hope they have decided what they are doing exactly by now because it seems like everything has been up in the air for so very long, but hopefully for the better.
And remember everyone Lee I think it was, or maybe Juan not sure, but they said there may be one or two items of importance that might be part of the news if they decide to go forward right now. So thats something to look forward to as well.

startraveler

So, does it look like they are replacing a dark ride with no restrictions with an "intense" coaster that the whole family won't be able to ride together? I was looking forward to a nicely themed dark ride with a tiny bit of "thrill", but not something that you just speed through for thrill only.

csm

So, does it look like they are replacing a dark ride with no restrictions with an "intense" coaster that the whole family won't be able to ride together? I was looking forward to a nicely themed dark ride with a tiny bit of "thrill", but not something that you just speed through for thrill only.

It's not at all "thrill only."

cbconglom

don't know about the rest of you but i'm waiting with baited breath for the next post..i keep hitting refresh just hoping someone will hint at something

Ignohippo

Agreed completely. A thrill coaster is the last thing that area needs. What's great about Fantasyland is about the family being together. A dark ride with a few coaster elements would fit better with the surroundings. If they are spending that kind of money, I'd rather see them spend the money on the Monsters, Inc. coaster. DHS is much more suited for (and needs) another coaster.

Hey CSM, is it possible your friend was talking about the Monsters, Inc. coaster and was confused?

tirian

The track length includes a dark ride portion.

And no, I haven't seen any concept art, either. I've only had Project X described to me.

SoupBone

Agreed completely. A thrill coaster is the last thing that area needs. What's great about Fantasyland is about the family being together. A dark ride with a few coaster elements would fit better with the surroundings. If they are spending that kind of money, I'd rather see them spend the money on the Monsters, Inc. coaster. DHS is much more suited for (and needs) another coaster.

Hey CSM, is it possible your friend was talking about the Monsters, Inc. coaster and was confused?

This is subjective though. I would miss Snow White, but the thought of a dark coaster/ride is precisely what that area needs. A good mix of ride/coaster is something I agree with, meaning I would rather it have ride components too along with a crazy coaster.

Magenta Panther

Sometimes I'm shocked at how many people hate to see SWSA go... yes it's a classic, but there are hardly ever lines for this ride and nothing innovative about it... just a run down dark ride... it makes perfect sense to take this theme (or any theme really) and create a "mini-coaster" in the expansion. Use that space for a highly popular M&G.

There is always a line for the princesses, but not SWSA... this is obvious to eveyone right?

I must agree. I appreciate people's affection for SWSA, but IMO, Snow White and the Dwarfs deserve a better attraction. Hopefully the Mine Coaster is it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom