Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Ignohippo

Wonderland not Snowwhite. If come Tuesday they announce Wonderland do I get accepted into the clique around here? I was very confident that the Indy Stunt show was being replaced by a mine coaster. But the Car Stunt show proved to be so unpopular that Disney decided to keep Indy and we should see the Car Stunt show not get rethemed or made over but completely shut down in the near future. The popularity of Indy vs. the newer car stunt show was a surprise to many. You also have to factor in than when Disney bought Pixar - leadership changed and the money to give us an updated Star Tours & Indy ride was used for Pixar Place. A least we are now still getting the updated Star Tours. See you in Wonderland on Tuesday.

This is as ridiculous a post as I've seen. Do you have any insider knowledge on this or are you just stating your hopes as fact?

LMA is an incredibly popular show and runs at at least 2/3 capacity at almost every show. "Pixar Place" was just the outside theming to TSMM, which was the attraction - and is much more popular than an updated Star Tours will ever be. If they did choose TSMM over ST, they did the right thing. As for the Indy coaster, I'm sure it would be an addition rather than a replacement to the stunt show.

Unfortunately, I called out Lee when I first heard the new plans for FLE (before I saw his posts in another thread and the people backing him up). Many people have seen the same plans he has and there's no reason not to believe them. It's time to get off that train. As much as we may think the SWMC isn't the best use for that space, that's what's coming.

Lauratron

(another long time lurker, first time poster here!)

Raven, the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster isn't an overlay for the Barnstormer is it? From what you said it doesn't seem to be that way, but I thought I would inquire anyway.

Lee

Adventurer

Raven, the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster isn't an overlay for the Barnstormer is it? From what you said it doesn't seem to be that way, but I thought I would inquire anyway.

I'm not raven, but no. Completely unrelated project.

csm

It's a completely new, completely unique, large scale E-Ticket coaster.

csm

Eh...it ain't THAT large.
Gonna be nice, though. Real nice.:D

Actually, it is - not in terms of height, but in terms of length, it was described as "Everest scale" by the designer. Again, NOT Everest HEIGHT. Length.

SoupBone

Actually, it is - not in terms of height, but in terms of length, it was described as "Everest scale" by the designer. Again, NOT Everest HEIGHT. Length.

Well then I will be VERY excited to hear this news. I don't mind waiting in long lines if the ride is worth it. It's those rides that are over too soon that just don't seem to be worth it. Very exciting news...:sohappy:

TalkingHead

Everest scale, huh? So does that mean we should expect the AAs to be malfunctioning within 6 months of the ride's opening?

Lee

Adventurer

That would be very surprising. Longer than Big Thunder?
I REALLY need to see some art. That thing must be a serious tangle of track, if true.

csm

That would be very surprising. Longer than Big Thunder?
I REALLY need to see some art. That thing must be a serious tangle of track, if true.

Well the problem is, my friend is Dutch, so naturally he was speaking in terms of meters, and I am not a math guy. Very easy to lose me in thoughts of conversion, but he kept saying "Everest scale!"

He also made it a point to say he was surprised how intense it will be - speaking in terms of transitions between banking. No, it does not go upside down. No, it does not launch. No, it is not a powered coaster. Lift hill, gravity the whole way, true classic coaster in that sense, but he said it was much more intense looking than Thunder or Everest.

Lee

Adventurer
:
He also made it a point to say he was surprised how intense it will be - speaking in terms of transitions between banking. No, it does not go upside down. No, it does not launch. No, it is not a powered coaster. Lift hill, gravity the whole way, true classic coaster in that sense, but he said it was much more intense looking than Thunder or Everest.

Yes, please!:slurp:

So...Dutch friend. Vekoma?

BalooChicago

Well the problem is, my friend is Dutch, so naturally he was speaking in terms of meters, and I am not a math guy. Very easy to lose me in thoughts of conversion, but he kept saying "Everest scale!"

FWIW Google is a handy convertor - google "one mile in km" for example...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom