Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

BringMeTheHoriz

I don't think anybody disagrees that the process of getting from the MK back to the TTC is a nightmare. I, like many locals, don't go the MK as much now, if at all, because of it. Getting to the park is easy, it usually takes me under 20 minutes from car to front gate. But the way back is always a disaster, usually exceeding 45 minutes. Then I have a minimum 35 minute drive home to the north side of Orlando without any disasters on i-4, which there usually are at least a few. Knowing that when I leave the Magic Kingdom gates it could potentially take two hours to get home is a massive buzzkill to any (remaining) magic that can be found in the MK.

A few years ago I use to park at the Contemporary when I just wanted to go in, see fireworks, and leave. Then they started getting stricter about parking at the resort, and that's when I realized that really what I was doing was quite wrong. I haven't parked there in a couple years now because my conscious won't let me...and neither will Disney security.

G00fyDad

I think by now, its pretty obvious that none of your points mean anything to him and he is going to continue to park at the contemporary as long as he wants or until WDW decides it is an issue ands stops him. Until then, can we just stop??? I'm sure that if you are posting on this forum right now, you are like me and just trying to get though your friday at work—not having this out in the parking lot of the Contemp. No ones vacation is being ruined and there are thousands of people right now enjoying their time inside the parks not giving 1 thought of a parking space.

I'm not says who is right or wrong, just that not a single thing posted here in the last 3-something pages will make either group change their mind. So in the words of some ice chick...let it go.

I can't believe we took a thread about a silly upcharge in which .1% of people will actually be affected by and turned it into a moral slap fight.

Yet you took the time to add to it.... o_O

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

This may be the only way we don't get one of the very last spots in the row. Happens almost every time LOL.

But no, I'll never pay $15 for it, as long as we can both walk.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I apologize if this is old news but Epcot has premium parking offered today for $35.

Just freaking unbelievable, At The Other Park Up I-4 $35 gets you 'Premium Valet' parking as in they will have your car in 5 minutes or less... At EPCOT it buys you saving a few hundred steps and you wait for the tram to show up whenever it pleases. This is not a PREMIUM experience this is a naked cash grab.

Truly Premium experiences like VIP Guides, 'backstage' tours I have no problem paying extra for. Calling something like this PREMIUM and charging $35 bucks for it takes real chutzpah.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Just freaking unbelievable, At The Other Park Up I-4 $35 gets you 'Premium Valet' parking as in they will have your car in 5 minutes or less... At EPCOT it buys you saving a few hundred steps and you wait for the tram to show up whenever it pleases. This is not a PREMIUM experience this is a naked cash grab.

Truly Premium experiences like VIP Guides, 'backstage' tours I have no problem paying extra for. Calling something like this PREMIUM and charging $35 bucks for it takes real chutzpah.

Holy !!! Then don't pay for it!

lazyboy97o

Only if you park after 6:00 PM and there most definitely is no promise of your car arriving quickly at the end of day. Universal Preffered Parking is probably even more of a cash grab aimed at suckers, often offering little more than the convenience of avoiding escalators.

BernardandBianca

Just freaking unbelievable, At The Other Park Up I-4 $35 gets you 'Premium Valet' parking as in they will have your car in 5 minutes or less... At EPCOT it buys you saving a few hundred steps and you wait for the tram to show up whenever it pleases.

Was at Uni today (last visit before the AP expires), and their parking fees, on an electronic board (for easy modification I guess) was $20 for regular parking, $30 for Premium parking, and $40 for valet. As of 10:30 am.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Was at Uni today (last visit before the AP expires), and their parking fees, on an electronic board (for easy modification I guess) was $20 for regular parking, $30 for Premium parking, and $40 for valet. As of 10:30 am.

Interesting. When I was there in December premium valet was 35 in my case 15 b/c I have a premium ap

G00fyDad

added to it? more like hopefully tired to calm it down by making those in the useless slap fight realize that both parties were just ****ing in the wind.

But if thats how you took it...then you run with that.

I will. Thank you for the permission.
forrest-gump-poster-580x326.jpg

Horizons1

I don't think anybody disagrees that the process of getting from the MK back to the TTC is a nightmare. I, like many locals, don't go the MK as much now, if at all, because of it. Getting to the park is easy, it usually takes me under 20 minutes from car to front gate. But the way back is always a disaster, usually exceeding 45 minutes. Then I have a minimum 35 minute drive home to the north side of Orlando without any disasters on i-4, which there usually are at least a few. Knowing that when I leave the Magic Kingdom gates it could potentially take two hours to get home is a massive buzzkill to any (remaining) magic that can be found in the MK.

A few years ago I use to park at the Contemporary when I just wanted to go in, see fireworks, and leave. Then they started getting stricter about parking at the resort, and that's when I realized that really what I was doing was quite wrong. I haven't parked there in a couple years now because my conscious won't let me...and neither will Disney security.
Huh? What are you talking about? It's so easy to park at the Contemporary it's not even funny.

halltd

Huh? What are you talking about? It's so easy to park at the Contemporary it's not even funny.
Yeah, if you lie it is. If you tell the guard that you're parking there to avoid the hassle of parking at TTC, they're not going to let you in. If you say, "I'm going in to get a muffin and then walk to the Magic Kingdom," you're also not just getting waved through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom