Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
First... Eisner was CEO for 21 years. Iger has been CEO for 11 years.

Also you're comparing Eisner's additions to the parks and resorts when he started there were 3 parks worldwide (plus a license in Tokyo). When Iger started there were 9 (plus two licenses in Tokyo). Sorry but it would not have been feasible to keep expanding and building parks at that rate.

Says you

WildcatDen

Not likely. But possibly charge for it in the future.

You are comparing at Kings Island $15 Parking ($22 Preferred, near front gate) to Disney's current $20 Parking ($35 Preferred, still a mile away from the gate at MK) parking. Apples and Oranges.
Comparing? No. Just stating that other Amusement parks do this and it really seems like it is not a big deal. In fact, I am surprised Disney did not already do this. Since all my visits have been on-site, I did not know.

Now, if that $35 came with a wash and a wax job (for the car. . .) I would be game.

WDWBryan

I wonder if they are trying to stop and upsale pass holders on the premium parking like they do at sw and uni or just continue to wave them through

ElvisMickey

I'm an annual pass holder with free parking. Regardless of that fact, I sill don't use the parking lots except for AK. All of my trips to the MK start off with either a reservation for 1 at The Wave or Kona Cafe where I can easily walk to the MK or hop on the monorail. These are the most "premium" parking spots you'll find near the MK. Even if I don't show up for my reservation, I'm only being charged $10 max which is well worth it in my opinion for easy access to and from the MK. And if I do show up at my reservation, I'm getting an awesome breakfast or desert. $10 is more than worth it for me to not have to deal with the zillion people in line for the monorail or ferry at the end of the night.

Princess_AmyK

ehh. wouldn't use it. I don't mind walking. I will survive and save my 15$ for an extra Dole Whip. :]

I'm on the team that doesn't see it as a huge deal though.
I prefer if they are going to money gouge to do it by adding optional up charges that you can choose to be a part of rather than by forcing them on us.
Granted, you ARE forced to not have the option to be close, but you aren't necessarily forced to spend the 15$ if you're not opposed to extra steps. I'm not opposed so I feel pretty indifferent about the whole thing.

glvsav37

The charge us for a reserved set of beach chairs at BB and TL. They charge us for private cabana at some resort pools.The charge us to watch fireworks from a sectioned off area.

Each one of those has free options right next to it or very nearby. But I pay for the convince of knowing that I don't have to do certain things--be it fight a crowd, or not spend extra time staking out a spot, or whatever. If any of that is not important to you, you can still see the fireworks, or lounge or otherwise

This is no different.

evilzorac

I wonder if your car will be more likely to be damaged in the pauper lot? Ill be parking with the fan boys in the Ubber Lot cause Disney is just so magically special, Id imagine the spaces will be more generous too, so you can jump straight from the car into the motorised chair.
With a stand to hold your super size drink

deeevo

I would pay $15 to bypass the T&T completely. That's about the only way this up charge would ever be worth it. Half the time the monorail isn't even running these days. The entire process of parking, riding a tram, being crammed like sardines onto a ferry boat or monorail, and then going through security and the entrance to MK takes no less than 30 minutes. As nostalgic and iconic as I feel about the monorail experience, the T&T has to be viewed as a complete failure.
I would pay $15 to park here.
upload_2016-3-15_15-33-49.png

Brad Bishop

What a lot of people are not realizing is that no matter how upset this makes you at Disney, you need to be equally upset at the guests themselves. I can say with confidence that even tho most of us wouldn't use the preferred parking, that the lots will be full...often. There are just some guests who feel better about paying extra for "VIP" and often brag about it. I never see the point, but as long as they exist..these sort of things will pop up.

Reminds me of when ≈15 years back valet parking started showing up at malls. I couldn't get my head around it. It's a mall. There's parking everywhere. Why would you pay someone to park your car at a mall. Plenty of people do, though.

glvsav37

I've done VIP parking a few times at places like Hershey Park and Sesame Place. Places where you might be in and out of the car more often—like when you need dry clothes or a coat if you are there after dark—Esp when you have young kids and strollers.

I wonder if the (supposed) outside food in the parks crackdown takes effect, if there will be a few people who do it b/c they know they will be back to their car for lunch or more meals? Crackdown on outside food, charge for close spots=money made off those who wouldn't spend it otherwise?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom