Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

Goofyernmost

Is there proof of this? Not everyone links a credit card to their band. But RFID can also track your movements through the parks, right down the the toilet you sit upon.
Well, if that is all that they have to do with their new toy, then I am hard pressed to care. Unlike many, I have no problem with people knowing that I am human and occasionally need to use the facilities, if that is what they want to keep track of... life must be good for them.

draybook

Is there proof of this? Not everyone links a credit card to their band. But RFID can also track your movements through the parks, right down the the toilet you sit upon.

Aren't there people who have the "crawl around the World" shirts for drinking around Epcot? I want my own "stall around the World" shirt. My goal is to visit every bathroom on property, within reason, eg; employee restrooms and resorts/golfing places I might not go to.

draybook

bill1_zps1ztes3lw.gif

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
RFID now enables WDW to see everybody's spending. They are making it harder to not pay what *they think* is your fair share. Where savvy experienced guests used to gain an advantage, WDW is now charging. They scrutinize "hacks" & insider tips, then price them at a premium. Look at FP+ viewing areas & Dessert parties... used to be the suggested "best locations" on fansites, back when they were open to all.
WDW new business model is "Less people through the turnstyles spending more."
Yes yes yes

I'm all for this.

Keep the peons at home.

lazyboy97o

So? I didn't say Tom Staggs was a perfect leader. I'm just saying, things did not go downhill from when Tom took over Jay Rasulo's spot as much as they are now under Bob Chapek. So while people thought it was bad then, now they are looking at 2014 and 2015 in a positive way.

That's why it's almost exactly like Eisner to Iger. Eisner made cuts and pushed price increases. People thought Eisner was bad and ruining the parks. But now we (or at least most people) realize how much better he was, especially for the long-term future of the company, because we've seen worse.

As for Paul Pressler, things actually got better after he left, in profits, quality, and safety. That's why he is hated all around.
What you're miss is that these down times that bookend Tom Staggs as Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are times when he was above Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, approving of the negative decisions. Pressler, Rasulo and Chapek's time can't be considered as "not Staggs" time because Staggs was their boss.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So? I didn't say Tom Staggs was a perfect leader. I'm just saying, things did not go downhill from when Tom took over Jay Rasulo's spot as much as they are now under Bob Chapek. So while people thought it was bad then, now they are looking at 2014 and 2015 in a positive way.

That's why it's almost exactly like Eisner to Iger. Eisner made cuts and pushed price increases. People thought Eisner was bad and ruining the parks. But now we (or at least most people) realize how much better he was, especially for the long-term future of the company, because we've seen worse.

As for Paul Pressler, things actually got better after he left, in profits, quality, and safety. That's why he is hated all around.

Key difference between Iger and Eisner is Iger is investing in the Stock Price where Eisner invested in the Company and its products

Eisner presided over the largest percentage wise price increase in Disney park history. he then plowed that money into the parks building what Iger and Co is strip mining today

Under Eisner

DHS
AK
DCL
DVC
HKDL
DLP
ABC/Capital Cities
DCA v1.0

Under Iger

Stock Buybacks
DCA 2.0
Marvel
Lucasfilm
MM+
DCL Dream 2011
DCL Fantasy 2012
SWL*
SDL*

*Opening in the next 2-7 years

Yeah Iger's been a brilliant CEO leaving squat in the tank for the next management team

EDIT: - Some have pointed out that I forgot the black hole known as SDL so I've added it and 2 cruise ships (they say 4 but 2 are press releases only)

Last edited:

Makamah

Key difference between Iger and Eisner is Iger is investing in the Stock Price where Eisner invested in the Company and its products

Eisner presided over the largest percentage wise price increase in Disney park history. he then plowed that money into the parks building what Iger and Co is strip mining today

Under Eisner

DHS
AK
DCL
DVC
HKDL
DLP
ABC/Capital Cities
DCA v1.0

Under Iger

Stock Buybacks
DCA 2.0
Marvel
Lucasfilm
MM+
SWL*

Yeah Iger's been a brilliant CEO leaving squat in the tank for the next management team
Agree. Eisner gets a lot of flack for his end time but outside of Walt I feel he was the most influential presence Disney has had. Disney as a company (not just parks) is what it is today thanks to him

While Iger made some big aquisitions Eisner left a bigger imprint on Disney.

Just fee under Iger you pay for and get less

peter11435

Under Eisner

DHS
AK
DCL
DVC
HKDL
DLP
ABC/Capital Cities
DCA v1.0

Under Iger

Stock Buybacks
DCA 2.0
Marvel
Lucasfilm
MM+
SWL*

I see you left off Shanghai Disneyland, Pixar, New Fantasyland, Disney Springs, 4 new cruise ships......

Last edited:

Rider

First... Eisner was CEO for 21 years. Iger has been CEO for 11 years.

Also you're comparing Eisner's additions to the parks and resorts when he started there were 3 parks worldwide (plus a license in Tokyo). When Iger started there were 9 (plus two licenses in Tokyo). Sorry but it would not have been feasible to keep expanding and building parks at that rate.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But you can say Star Wars land already?

If you're going to make up the rules as you go you should probably follow them.

Even if we play your way you still left off two ships, among other things.

Considering that work has already begun in CA, We can say the clock is running whether it or Avatar actually OPENS is another story.

CohibaMan

I would pay $15 to bypass the T&T completely. That's about the only way this up charge would ever be worth it. Half the time the monorail isn't even running these days. The entire process of parking, riding a tram, being crammed like sardines onto a ferry boat or monorail, and then going through security and the entrance to MK takes no less than 30 minutes. As nostalgic and iconic as I feel about the monorail experience, the T&T has to be viewed as a complete failure.

R W B

Because these changes are not in isolation and it is a sort of jerk attitude of "Ha ha, it sucks to be you."
So using your logic, should I also be upset that they put a fence around the pool at the poly and now you have to be a guest staying there to use that pool when previously anyone could walk up to it and enjoy it although that change doesn't affect me either because I never used that pool except when I stayed there? Silly..

Let me put it this way, If WDW held elections/polls like our city/states do and on the ballot they asked "Do you support a $15 fee for premium parking?" I would vote "No" because I don't agree with it. But here on a chat forum, I can say this won't bother me either way.

R W B

I would pay $15 to bypass the T&T completely. That's about the only way this up charge would ever be worth it. Half the time the monorail isn't even running these days. The entire process of parking, riding a tram, being crammed like sardines onto a ferry boat or monorail, and then going through security and the entrance to MK takes no less than 30 minutes. As nostalgic and iconic as I feel about the monorail experience, the T&T has to be viewed as a complete failure.
I think you're being generous on your 30min estimation lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom