Potter 2.0 Construction Thread

ParentsOf4

I can't wait to see those aerial shots. Word on HP 2.0 has been very hum and I thought Uni was waiting for Fantasyland to open to drop the ball on Disney.
Universal should be doing everything it can to downplay HP 2.0. They definitely want to avoid making a big deal out of it at this point.

Getting people excited about HP 2.0 in 2013 means more will delay their next Universal vacation until 2014. Undoubtedly, Universal is desperate to not have HP 2.0 adversely impact attendance in the period before HP 2.0 opens.

BigThunderMatt

Universal should be doing everything it can to downplay HP 2.0. They definitely want to avoid making a big deal out of it at this point.

Getting people excited about HP 2.0 in 2013 means more will delay their next Universal vacation until 2014. Undoubtedly, Universal is desperate to not have HP 2.0 adversely impact attendance in the period before HP 2.0 opens.

While I get the logic behind this, the lack of concept art, or even solid info on when it's opening is killing me.

Sorcerer Mickey

Why does that have to make perfect business sense? :(

Disneyhead'71

Has anybody been following the threads over at Orlando United? I just wish @whylightbulb would drop us some more juicy tidbits here. I'm dying to know something, anything, about this project that hasn't come to light yet.

Yeah, I'm a personal friend of BriMan's. He and I did the original Heli shots for WWOHP 1.0. OU is by far the best site for Universal info.
HateToFly has been dropping a few tidbits here and there. Like expect Platform 9 3/4 to be an amazingly themed football field length piece of WOW!
And I'll drop this here first, but the Italian Marble floor of the Gringott's Lobby will also WOW even the most jaded Disney Fan.

BigThunderMatt

I'm sure they will in the line for The Hogwarts Express. We can only hope!

They can't have it be a part of the standard queue though. It has to be some part of a pre-show experience. That's the one thing that always bugged me about the FJ queue. You walk past the fat lady and right into the Gryffindor Common room.

BryceM

They can't have it be a part of the standard queue though. It has to be some part of a pre-show experience. That's the one thing that always bugged me about the FJ queue. You walk past the fat lady and right into the Gryffindor Common room.
Yes, having it be a part of a pre-show would be ideal. Though I'm not sure how we could run through the wall, unless its just basically a doorway.

TalkingHead

I was driving around town today and took a trip down Turkey Lake Rd, behind the Uni property. What a great view of the Gringott's show building. That thing really is massive. Very exciting to see the construction and cranes from that angle.

WED99

but would a pre-show be possible for Gringotts Express? I may be missing something but isn't there going to be one or two trains going back and forth between the parks. So guests aren't going to be able to leave a pre-show and head straight onto their train, they will have to wait at the station for a while (hence why it is going to be so detailed). So it will have to have an entrance that allows guests to go in and out as they please.

neoshinok

I may be missing something but isn't there going to be one or two trains going back and forth between the parks.

I'm wondering the same thing. Hoping there are two trains on parallel tracks or looping at each end. If it's just one train going back and forth the lines will be insane!

WED99

Does anyone have any leaked concept art (apart from that Gringotts Bank vehicle)?

I'm slowly dying inside waiting for this! How many more months?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom