PotC mist screen removed/turned off for good

rreading

Disneyland is better. Period. Florida is a cliff notes version, paris is a better version of florida's short version, Tokyo's is a wannabe version of Disneyland's only with less impressive caves and. O waterfall at the end. And Shanghai does not even belong in this conversation since it is "The Ride based on the movie of the original ride". It is a completley different thing. And no, while I have not personally ridden them all, I have seen enough on ride videos to form an opinion.

Realistically, I should think that the DL version of pirates is objectively the better of the domestic parks. However, as you point out, the queue helps set the scene (and I agree with you about HM - not only does it slow the flow of the line it also distracts from the atmosphere): and in this regard, even though I like having the Blue Bayou scene starting off the DL ride, the queue doesn't create and atmosphere so the ride has to take more time doing so. I wouldn't say that it makes them even, but my enjoyment of them both is just about equal.

I suspect this is pretty true for most visitors

ImperfectPixie

Disneyland is better. Period. Florida is a cliff notes version, paris is a better version of florida's short version, Tokyo's is a wannabe version of Disneyland's only with less impressive caves and. O waterfall at the end. And Shanghai does not even belong in this conversation since it is "The Ride based on the movie of the original ride". It is a completley different thing. And no, while I have not personally ridden them all, I have seen enough on ride videos to form an opinion.
We are all well aware at this point that you think Disneyland has the best PotC attraction. Personally, I prefer to hold back trying to form an opinion of something I haven't experienced in person yet.

Animaniac93-98

Realistically, I should think that the DL version of pirates is objectively the better of the domestic parks. However, as you point out, the queue helps set the scene (and I agree with you about HM - not only does it slow the flow of the line it also distracts from the atmosphere): and in this regard, even though I like having the Blue Bayou scene starting off the DL ride, the queue doesn't create and atmosphere so the ride has to take more time doing so. I wouldn't say that it makes them even, but my enjoyment of them both is just about equal.

I suspect this is pretty true for most visitors

The Disneyland queue on busy days is often a maddening mess of outdoor switchbacks and poor crowd control. Tokyo is at least all indoors and organized even if the theming is light.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

😂😂😂 Apparently TDA disagreed.

You're a lot of fun, believe me, but you're contributing nothing to this thread but petty argument at this point. Might I recommend the Disneyland subforum? Seems you may have accidentallycome to the wrong place, considering.
I am in both forums and your decree of what value I bring means very little to me.

Castle Cake Apologist

I am in both forums and your decree of what value I bring means very little to me.

It's against the forum rules to argue for the sake of arguing, which is all you've done here.

We get it. You can't possibly fathom an attraction being superior to its Disneyland original, despite only having experienced any of these other attractions on YouTube. You've made your opinion quite clear and it's getting ridiculous and is obviously getting pretty annoying to everybody else trying to have a discussion. I guess I just don't understand what you're getting out of this.

Would you like to discuss the topic of the thread or nah?

I, for one, am quite excited and hopeful to see if any other removals are ahead as we move further away from the franchise (and especially the character) being relevant.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It's against the forum rules to argue for the sake of arguing, which is all you've done here.

We get it. You can't possibly fathom an attraction being superior to its Disneyland original, despite only having experienced any of these other attractions on YouTube. You've made your position quite clear and it's getting ridiculous and is obviously getting pretty annoying to everybody else trying to have a discussion. I guess I just don't understand what you're getting out of this.

Would you like to discuss the topic of the thread or nah?
wrong. I am responding to you since it seems you are personally attacking me for some reason. I have already said what I needed to on the original topic and you keep replying to me dragging this out. I am not rude, I am going to respond if someone quotes me. that is just manners. but if you got a problem with me just put me on IGNORE dude. Your attempts to belittle me are boring me quite frankly at this point. let's agree to disagree and move on already. I have already stated my detailed point of view on the main topic.

Lensman

I apologize for taking us even more off-topic, but I think it might be helpful to clarify the question of whether an opinion can be wrong. Actually, I don't really think it will help the major actors in this drama, but I think it might be more educational for the innocent bystanders than the actual drama. As such, it might be more appropriate in Epcot vs MK, but what the heck.

One definition of opinion that I think is useful when discussing it pedantically is:
a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

This stands in greatest contrast to a belief, which is:
an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists

So in short, it's generally true that you hold opinions about things that aren't facts and beliefs about things that could be validated as objectively true or untrue. Note that we shouldn't get hung up over the fact that linguistically you can also hold beliefs about the existence of people or things that are generally non-verifiable like Santa Claus.

For example, you could hold a belief that 15 is greater than 5, but to hold an opinion of that fact is nonsensical.

Thus, when @DisneyExpert says that opinions can be neither right nor wrong, he is correct. The real question is whether @jpeden is expressing an opinion or making a statement of fact:
BTMRR is far superior to all other versions in any other park. You will not dissaude me from this opinion. The load on the shore and the tunnel that dives under the river and propels you onto the island where the entire ride occurs makes for an extremely unique and far superior ride experience.

Additionally, I'd argue that Phantom Manor is the superior version of any Haunted Mansion.

I mean, in my opinion, he's expressing an opinion, which means he can't be wrong, but you're allowed to disagree and express a contrary opinion or argue objectively for them to change their opinion by pointing out things you think they should weight more heavily.

Note: It's generally fun to argue about disagreements about our opinions only when we agree that they are opinions (obviously on matters of taste). The argument becomes broken when one side or the other believes that they are arguing about matters of a factual, objective nature.

Note: I'm not saying that we need to be ultra-precise in our wording, but you can usually work out from context whether someone is acting like they're expressing an opinion or whether they are expressing a belief in a verifiable fact.

Now, back to the mist screen. I'm actually amazed that we have a decent example of an attraction that's improved by the removal of an element. (adding the voiceover notwithstanding) I wonder if there are other examples where this could be true. Previous examples include "the hat" and "the wand", in my opinion.

JohnD

I've never been on the DL version but I'll stipulate it's better than WDW's. (I watched a video of it, though. Looks better to me.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom