PotC mist screen removed/turned off for good

N2dru

On a boat.

Jean Lafitte (Lafitte's Landing is where we board the ride vehicles) used the Port of New Orleans (more specifically Barataria Bay), as did many other privateers, as a hideout from numerous naval authorities.
I am well aware of Louisiana's privateering history. The question was rhetorical.

BasiltheBatLord

wrong. Disneyland is faar superior. The ending alone makes it superior. Plus it still has red as a pirate not the original red head so it has the pc changes minus the creativity and history of the original. NOOO ATTRACTION IN PARIS IS BETTER THAN THE DISNEYLAND ORIGINAL
I think you misread my post. Tokyo and CA have the exact same ending in terms of layout, if anything Tokyo's ending is expanded with a slightly larger armory scene with an additional figure + the Jack AA has a variety of lines he cycles through instead of just 2 or 3. Tokyo also is the only PotC is in the world now that still has the original red head.

peter11435

I am well aware of Louisiana's privateering history. The question was rhetorical.
I don’t think the physical travel in Disneyland’s version is any more inexplicable than the time travel present in both versions.

It’s fairly easy to travel from New Orleans to the Caribbean by boat.

One could argue that you never actually physically leave New Orleans in the Disneyland version.

N2dru

So you’d rather have the inferior version to save time?
No what I'm saying is Pirates was rushed into WDW because of high demand and the designers didn't have the time to build subtlety of DL's with the Blue Bayou etc. Instead they incorporated those elements to the outside and queue..more in your face to let the guests know this was the Pirates attraction they had asked for.

peter11435

No what I'm saying is Pirates was rushed into WDW because of high demand and the designers didn't have the time to build subtlety of DL's with the Blue Bayou etc. Instead they incorporated those elements to the outside and queue..more in your face to let the guests know this was the Pirates attraction they had asked for.
So you are admitting that the designers rushed and quickly built a cheaper, quicker, inferior version.

Missing20K

What about the facade and queue of WDW's version incorporates Blue Bayou?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well there are many ways to answer your smart alec question. My snappy response is, why don't you ask Walt Disney himself since he was very involved with the design of the ride before he died? You are questioning his judgement at this point. But there are many ways to look at it. For me, personally I don't consider the Blue Bayou to be part of the ride. To me I view the bayou scene just restuarant theming as your boat passes by to get you to the show building. New Orleans Square has its main bayou themed restuarant and they designed it so it shares the same space as the entrance to Pirates so dinners can see boats go by. Disneyland is small on space and they had to be creative. Hence the 2 waterfalls(drops) to take you past the berm and under thr Disneyland Railroad into the show building and the wonderfull waterfall at the end you take to exit the show building. To me the ride starts when you get to the Jolly Roger(talking skeleton cross bones). One way to look at it is the bayou is home to pirate Jean Lefeatte and we are seeing how he spent the final days in his bayou home then we go back in time to the pirate days. Either way the design and execution is sooo flawless and seamless it all flows together beautifull while keeping in tune with the theme of the land. Unlike florida where you start at a fort then go in the future where the pirates are dead then go back in time to when they are alive. Disneyland's Pirates was perfectly designed by Walt and his original team and you still feel his presence in it today even with all the movie tie in's and pc changes. Florida's ride was a after thought and badly designed and executed.
Well, to me, here's California: the Blue Bayou is New Orleans, the swamp ride represents boating from New Orleans through Florida, and the Caribbean swamp takes us to the massive sinkholes that suck us down into the Piratey Past where aliens brainwash us into thinking we're on a boat ride while they actually lay us out on exam tables and steal our precious bodily fluids. You may have a slightly different interpretation.

And here's Florida:
They're just tourists -- what do they know or care about story? Just get them to the gift shop where they can spend some more money.

Captain Barbossa

845C9F61-6F8B-403A-8C28-61F79243E97C.gif

Missing20K

Not literally but serve the same purpose as a prelude for what's to come.
The journey thru the dungeon and arsenal along with Pirate's Bay stand in for the Blue Bayou.
I'm well aware of WDW's version having not a single iota of influence from Disneyland's Blue Bayou. The question was rhetorical.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
NOOO ATTRACTION IN PARIS IS BETTER THAN THE DISNEYLAND ORIGINAL

BTMRR is far superior to all other versions in any other park. You will not dissaude me from this opinion. The load on the shore and the tunnel that dives under the river and propels you onto the island where the entire ride occurs makes for an extremely unique and far superior ride experience.

Additionally, I'd argue that Phantom Manor is the superior version of any Haunted Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom