Post pictures of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erika

Originally posted by Lovecraft
Erika,

Nice work on the wall. My mother is an artist that does kids rooms (her grandkids playroom is completely covered with Disney themed murals along with Cinderella's castle whose gates open into a closet filled with costumes).

I *think* she charges between $600 - $1000 per wall depending upon its size. I will ask her tomorrow about it and let you know what is the going rate at least in her area (New Orleans/Northshore area).

--Lovecraft

Wow, that was my boss' guess and I told him he was crazy. I guess not. We're in the Chicago suburbs so I would think that whatever she tells you will be comparable. Thank you for finding out for me!! I'll start lower since I'm new to this but at least I know where I can end up. :)

MouseMadness

Scott... beautiful family!!

And Erika... I want tinkerbell sprinkling pixie dust over leah's crib... so I believe you just have to head east on 94, maybe? Call me when you hit really heavy traffic... that means you're close. :lol:

Erika

Hey Scott- those are some good-looking Sponge people

(Notice I did not use your family name here)

They are Disney fans too, I see :sohappy:

tiggerlover1971

have I said how much I love people from louisiana LoL my husband is from Eunice Louisiana and his Mother brothers and sisters all live in Lake Charles now

edit ps Micbat I have eaten in Slidells waffle house at like four in the morning one trip lol

Lovecraft

Hey there MicBat!

I used to have an office in Slidell :) Most of my family lives in Covington/Mandeville now.

I moved from Abita Springs to Pensacola Beach a few years ago though.

Erika, I talked with my mother and she said the values I gave were about right but that she prices her work depending upon the complexity and what the market will bear. She suggested checking on what professional house painters charge per square foot to simply "paint" the wall. Frequently it is greater than $2.75 per square foot. Take that as a base price for the wall then add to it the amount of time times $40/hr (or more but 40 seems a good price) to paint the designs.

Hope that helps. Good luck and lot's of fun in your new endeavor!

--Lovecraft

figmentmom

Scott - what a good-lookin' pair of babes!

Erika - whatever price you and your customers agree on, GET IT IN WRITING!!! Be specific about exactly what you will be doing on the contract; make a copy for your client and another for you. A deposit would also be a great idea. If it's in black and white, there will be no awkward misunderstandings when payday arrives. I don't mean to throw cold water on your plans - I think you should go for it! - but protect yourself. A very small minority of people are, shall we say, less than honest, so be wary!

Good luck - you are very talented!:sohappy:

SpongeScott

Since you've been so complimentary toward the other sponges in my life, here's another one. I won't post my son--he's 13 and taking pictures, according to him, is stupid, so all I get is THE SCOWL. :mad:

Attachments

• joy-sarah.jpg
    joy-sarah.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 119

Erika

LOL!!! DON't worry, Scott- he'll outgrow it...eventually...maybe :lookaroun That's another great shot of the SpongeGals anyway.

And thank you for the advice, figmentmom- you are absolutely right!! I am going to have to be careful.

Maria

Nice family Scott! Your daughter reminds me of "Laura Ingalls" from the Little House on the Prairie. Cute! :)

PrincessAli

Originally posted by DisJosh
My kitty likes to bite so I thought I'd teach him a lesson. :D

......:lookaroun .......and you wonder why people don't respond to your pics when your showing yourself gnawing on a kitty.....

figmentbaby

im on the right. its so awesome that i know what every1 looks like now!

Attachments

• christmas funny pic.jpg
    christmas funny pic.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 218

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
yeah...it is kind of cool that we know what everyone looks like...Disney nuts (just like everything else) come in all shape sizes and colors

alee4eva

Looks like ur having a lot of fun figment baby.. and I see you go to CMU, one of my best friends is going there next year--very cool!! :-D

MicBat

Originally posted by Lovecraft
Hey there MicBat!

I used to have an office in Slidell :) Most of my family lives in Covington/Mandeville now.

I moved from Abita Springs to Pensacola Beach a few years ago though.
Aahhh... What a small world it is! :wave:

edit ps Micbat I have eaten in Slidells waffle house at like four in the morning one trip lol
Aaahh!!.. I might have see you there, tig! :lol: :lol: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom