Post pictures of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by figmentmom
Darrel - GREAT family pics! (You were cute even back then, too!)

Erika - I loved your mural - don't be afraid to charge for your art. AND......you have excellent taste in cats, too! (Did you get MKT a black fedora for his Godfather act?)
Why thanks!:D *blushes*

Erika

Originally posted by MicBat
WOW, ERIKA!!! That's AWESOME!!! You are quite the artist! That woman standing next to the pic isn't too bad either. ;) :)

LOL Thank you but I am only standing there to show the size :lol:

Erika

Originally posted by figmentmom
Darrel - GREAT family pics! (You were cute even back then, too!)

Erika - I loved your mural - don't be afraid to charge for your art. AND......you have excellent taste in cats, too! (Did you get MKT a black fedora for his Godfather act?)

Thanks! Now I have a dilema. Somebody is thinking about having one done in her baby's room and wants to know what I charge, and I HAVE NO IDEA. Does anybody know what people charge for this sort of thing? The only person I know of charges by the hour and I don't want to do it that way.

I didn't buy Rob a fedora but I did give him a handful of marbles to stuff in his mouth.

tenchu

Originally posted by Erika
LOL Thank you but I am only standing there to show the size :lol:

Don't believe her, she's only there to have people drool over her! :lol:

:wave:

MicBat

Thanks! Now I have a dilema. Somebody is thinking about having one done in her baby's room and wants to know what I charge, and I HAVE NO IDEA. Does anybody know what people charge for this sort of thing? The only person I know of charges by the hour and I don't want to do it that way.
Take into consideration the amount of work and the time it takes you to do a mural..

Bagheera

Use the hourly method to estimate what it would be for the job. Throw in a fudge factor for things going wrong, and add the cost of materials. That's your estimate. If they agree without hesitation, you need to charge your next customer more. If they balk, offer them a discount for being your first customer, and then ask them afterward if they think your work is worth the original estimate. Use that information to adjust your estimation process.

And, as with all jobs, beware of "scope creep". Agree on exactly what it is that you will be providing, and if they want "oh, could you do this while you're at it" or "oh, I thought that you'd be doing this too", make sure that it's a separate charge. I didn't ride close enough herd on a contract programming job I did, and the scope creep just got completely out of hand. Once it starts, it's hard to stop it.

Great job on the mural! You have a lot of artistic talent! :wave:

Maria

Originally posted by Cliff
Let me be the official "one millionth" guy to agree with that statement!

Something tells me Maria is even prettier in person!

CT ; - )

Smoooooooth..... :lol:
Thanks! :animwink: :animwink:

Maria

Originally posted by Cliff

Yes Maria, ..I already know what you are thinking...no...I'm NOT "bragging"..lol :D :D

-Cliff:animwink:

....and as you would say: "it´s not bragging, it´s a fact!" :lol: :animwink:

Maria

I am impressed with Erika´s wall! Very nice job! :sohappy:

Darrel, if someone else had posted the picture of you when you were a baby and asked me who it was, I would have said it was you without doubting about it! You look the same! Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing! :)

DisJosh

My kitty likes to bite so I thought I'd teach him a lesson. :D

Attachments

• wolfgangjosh 003.jpg
    wolfgangjosh 003.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 144

Lovecraft

Erika,

Nice work on the wall. My mother is an artist that does kids rooms (her grandkids playroom is completely covered with Disney themed murals along with Cinderella's castle whose gates open into a closet filled with costumes).

I *think* she charges between $600 - $1000 per wall depending upon its size. I will ask her tomorrow about it and let you know what is the going rate at least in her area (New Orleans/Northshore area).

--Lovecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom