Possible New Water Park

Hummer1676

Disney doesn't need to overdue the POTC thing. They should move to other movies for inspiration. They could use the Little Mermaid and have the castle be the back drop for the water park. Or, they could use Tale Spin theme and have differnt islands that have different rides. They could even have a plane on a cable car system take you around the park. How about a Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers. They could make the park out of ordinary objects but blown up. Just some thoughts. Like i said, don't overdue a good thing.

chipanddalefan5

Disney doesn't need to overdue the POTC thing. They should move to other movies for inspiration. They could use the Little Mermaid and have the castle be the back drop for the water park. Or, they could use Tale Spin theme and have differnt islands that have different rides. They could even have a plane on a cable car system take you around the park. How about a Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers. They could make the park out of ordinary objects but blown up. Just some thoughts. Like i said, don't overdue a good thing.
I'll root for the chip and dales rescue rangers, lol! wen i first heard of the POTC WATER PARK i thought it was a bad idea and that they're overdoing it. But then i saw the concept art, it changed my mind completely and i really liked it. With the design they're considering for the water park, it doesn't look like it would fit in with Typhoon Lagoon so i'm going to disagree with that. They made the concept art look more like a dark tropical jungle, and TL is more of a sunny happy beachy theme. It wouldn't fit in theming wise.
op1Ao8PiratesWaterPark.jpg

does anyone agree wit me?

ToTBellHop

I'll root for the chip and dales rescue rangers, lol! wen i first heard of the POTC WATER PARK i thought it was a bad idea and that they're overdoing it. But then i saw the concept art, it changed my mind completely and i really liked it. With the design they're considering for the water park, it doesn't look like it would fit in with Typhoon Lagoon so i'm going to disagree with that. They made the concept art look more like a dark tropical jungle, and TL is more of a sunny happy beachy theme. It wouldn't fit in theming wise.

that looks incredible...build it! build it!

DisneyDancer312

I was a little iffy on the whole POTC theme until i saw that concept art. that is spectacular. i mean id like to see a little mermaid meets nemo theme. i do agree though that POTC might be a little too "dark" for the sunny happy TL. :sohappy:

ToTBellHop

I was a little iffy on the whole POTC theme until i saw that concept art. that is spectacular. i mean id like to see a little mermaid meets nemo theme. i do agree though that POTC might be a little too "dark" for the sunny happy TL. :sohappy:
you should see sunny, happy TL during a summer thunderstorm!

CheriBibi

Anybody can assure this is a genuine Imagineering concept art ? There's no Imagineers reference on it and the signature looks kind of cheesy. Just want to make sure it's no fanart.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If Marni is out there, do you know of any potential locations? I remember someone mentioning the Port Orleans area in the past as to a new water park.
Sorry... just caught up with the thread. Potential locations... no, well not specifically for a water park.
There is definitely room for one across the street from PO. The plot of vacant land between PO, Epcot, Vista Blvd and World drive is larger then the plot of land that Epcot and its parking lot currently sits on. A water park the size of MK could be built there and you would never know it.
Remember a lot of undeveloped WDW won`t be built on; nature reserves aside a lot of it simply can`t be built on for various reasons. Flood control the main one. I believe the area west of PO, north of Epcot is one such area.

I have to say the art looks a lot like the proposed Lava Lagoon park for Disneyland Paris - though that was over a decade ago.

WDWFanatic

Anybody can assure this is a genuine Imagineering concept art ? There's no Imagineers reference on it and the signature looks kind of cheesy. Just want to make sure it's no fanart.

Is Scott Sherman an imagineer?, he has done art for other parks so i would guess not anymore at least not since 2001. Did you check out the website jim hill listed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom