Possible New Water Park

ATO

I don't know how reliable the source was probably not very reliable at all so I won't mention who said it but I was told that river country is gonna get an overhaul and reopen

terp79

my 2 cents

If I happen to guess I would bet that WDI will use River Country and updated it. If you think about it most of the water parks are on the South end of the property and this park would be great for the guests staying at the four main resorts that are located on the North end.

My thoughts are a Pirates of the Caribbean type water park, very much like Tortuga or a brother bear/bear country theme. My other thought is completely off the deep end but Kuzkotopia complete with waterslides!!!!! You never know!!!!! Let's hope this new water park goes through. Either way it'll be for the best I just hope it's at the North end of the park!!!!

texas4sure

New Water Park In Texas?

We have heard on good authority that Disney has bought 2200 acres east of San Antonio and west of Seguin, Texas for a water park. This will directly challange Schlitterbaun Water Park in nearby New Braunfels, which has been rated the best water park in the country for several years. If this is true, it will be quite a big deal around here.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We have heard on good authority that Disney has bought 2200 acres east of San Antonio and west of Seguin, Texas for a water park. This will directly challange Schlitterbaun Water Park in nearby New Braunfels, which has been rated the best water park in the country for several years. If this is true, it will be quite a big deal around here.

OMG :lol:

Have you been keeping up with these boards? :lol:

Or did you just join to post this ?

texas4sure

No, I am obviously not a regular. I heard about this development and went to Google to see if I could find anything more about it. This board seems to have a lot on knowledgable folks posting, so I thought I would see if anyone has heard anything about it. The information I have came from a friend who knows the owner of the land that was sold.

jedimaster1227

Nope. Not true. Texas won't be recieving anything Disney related other than the occasional store because, as you have already mentioned, Schlitterbaun is opening a water park and therefore Disney isn't considering competiting. But then again, they haven't been considering Disney in Texas for a good ten years. :shrug:

OMG :lol:

Have you been keeping up with these boards? :lol:

Or did you just join to post this ?

Fisher #14 :rolleyes:

No, I am obviously not a regular. I heard about this development and went to Google to see if I could find anything more about it. This board seems to have a lot on knowledgable folks posting, so I thought I would see if anyone has heard anything about it. The information I have came from a friend who knows the owner of the land that was sold.

Again, Fisher's writing stlye is apparent. Give up. Move Out. Stop making us lose good threads! :hammer:

imagineer boy

bassman

i think that if a pirates water park is going to be built,
i love the idea by the way,then it will be when the third film has been released.
that way the imagineers can incorporate all of the pirates franchise in to the pirates water park.

not sure if anyone get me but i know what i mean.

RSoxNo1

i think that if a pirates water park is going to be built,
i love the idea by the way,then it will be when the third film has been released.
that way the imagineers can incorporate all of the pirates franchise in to the pirates water park.

not sure if anyone get me but i know what i mean.

The third film is opening in theaters in may... I understand your desire for synergy, but if this was to be built - it won't be ready by the release of the movie

ToTBellHop

The third film is opening in theaters in may... I understand your desire for synergy, but if this was to be built - it won't be ready by the release of the movie
there have already been talks of further Pirates movies. This franchise is too profitable to end after 3 films, though we will have to wait at least a few years for Pirates 4. But, Johnny Depp has said he's interested, and that is the most important.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
there have already been talks of further Pirates movies. This franchise is too profitable to end after 3 films, though we will have to wait at least a few years for Pirates 4. But, Johnny Depp has said he's interested, and that is the most important.

ON our last trip, we saw books on the "young Jack Sparrow". I would imagine we might see prequals of when Jack was younger....

the-reason14

I mean if the movie is bringing in alot of money for disney then Im sure they wont quit after this 3rd installment. But at the same time, does anyone think that with all these sequals that could possibly come to surface that they could kill the overall feel and such of the movies. I mean, the way these last two were set up, they werent ended to where its like, thats it, its done. But at the same time if the keep going and going, it seems like it may just get annoying.

Well, I dont know, what do you guys think?

DisneyChik17

I think that if they do a Pirate park, which I don't think they will, it could be with the release of PotC3 on DVD. I don't think it will happen though because TL has a ship wreck theme. They are very similar and that would be dumb to have to VERY similar parks on the same property.

CJR

I would like to see Disney start moving the water parks toward more entertainment style parks. Maybe put animatronics in certain areas (Where they won't rust up) and maybe a water show. Dolphins at TL and Sea Lions at BB. That would be something different and probably popular to see and do as a family after cooking in the sun all day long. Also cool special effects in the slides would be neat. Kind of BTMRR or SM (Splash Mountain) stuff. Things that we can't find at any other water park around the world.

CaptainMichael

I mean if the movie is bringing in alot of money for disney then Im sure they wont quit after this 3rd installment. But at the same time, does anyone think that with all these sequals that could possibly come to surface that they could kill the overall feel and such of the movies. I mean, the way these last two were set up, they werent ended to where its like, thats it, its done. But at the same time if the keep going and going, it seems like it may just get annoying.

Well, I dont know, what do you guys think?

At some point, yes...if the plots/stories are weak and no Johnny Depp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom