Possible New Water Park

ToTBellHop

well it's a potential. We know direct from Disney that they are considering new water parks (doesn't mean they are coming to Florida, of course). So this concept and many others are very much realistic for the future, and there are only so many places that can support a water park if we assume they want it at an existing Resort. Paris certainly can't as it's too cold and Tokyo is warmer but it still can snow there, so really new waterparks are limited to Hong Kong, potentially California (though I don't think it will happen there if the new waterpark does indeed get built next door), and Florida. I don't know what the Chinese view of a waterpark is, though. Are they popular in China?

ToTBellHop

There's no need to demolish River Country...it's not hurting anything. It'll just be reclaimed by the wilds of Fort Wilderness........

JROK

Over the weekend we had some friends staying at Wilderness Lodge so we took the boat from Contempory to Fort then to the Lodge. It was about 11pm and we were the only ones on the boat. I noticed there were construction lights set up at River Country and decided to ask the boat captain what that was for.

He told me how they're going to redo River Country with the Pirate overlay, but not as a waterpark, more of a playground. He said, from what he's heard, it'll be geared towards kids and teenagers and be sort of a place where you can drop your kids off and have an adults only day elsewhere. I said, "Oh, so we're not going to get Pirate Island to replace Tom Sawyer like Disneyland is?" And he said that this would be our version of what they're getting.

I thought it sounded pretty interesting, but again, boat captains are similar to bus drivers and are full of great information :p . Just thought I'd throw that out there.

chipanddalefan5

Over the weekend we had some friends staying at Wilderness Lodge so we took the boat from Contempory to Fort then to the Lodge. It was about 11pm and we were the only ones on the boat. I noticed there were construction lights set up at River Country and decided to ask the boat captain what that was for.

He told me how they're going to redo River Country with the Pirate overlay, but not as a waterpark, more of a playground. He said, from what he's heard, it'll be geared towards kids and teenagers and be sort of a place where you can drop your kids off and have an adults only day elsewhere. I said, "Oh, so we're not going to get Pirate Island to replace Tom Sawyer like Disneyland is?" And he said that this would be our version of what they're getting.

I thought it sounded pretty interesting, but again, boat captains are similar to bus drivers and are full of great information :p . Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Interesting.......

Legacy

I just want to throw out that Pirates would work without Johnny if the story had no need for the character.

The ocean is a big place...

jedimaster1227

r they planning on demolishing river country, cuz from wat i hear its still there rotting, is this true?:veryconfu

Lack of sentence or word structure aside, River Country isn't prime real estate, nor is its water system safe. If they were to fix up the location, it would take more than just the demolishion of the former water park.

This idea has been tossed around, but trust me when I say that no park of the former River Country will make its way over into the Pirate's themed area if the project is given the green light. If it goes ahead, the whole site will be ripped up to the pipe level so that its filtration system (or lack thereof) may be completely redone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom