Possible Frontierland expansion

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
At the cost of some character meet and greets: Evidently related to Mad Hatter and others (Woody, Jessie and Rafiki were the rumor)

Perhaps true. I have trouble keeping track of meet and greets over time. Is there is a comparison of meet n greets available over time? It never feels to me like the total volume of meet n greets changes much (except when something like Sommerhaus opens or when when something like half of DHS closes), but there's constant changes.

Also, when meet n greets are added, we typically say "Pshaw! Who gives a crap about another stupid meet n' greet?" Seems inconsistent then if we complain when they go away.

RSoxNo1

Perhaps true. I have trouble keeping track of meet and greets over time. Is there is a comparison of meet n greets available over time? It never feels to me like the total volume of meet n greets changes much (except when something like Sommerhaus opens or when when something like half of DHS closes), but there's constant changes.

Also, when meet n greets are added, we typically say "Pshaw! Who gives a crap about another stupid meet n' greet?" Seems inconsistent then if we complain when they go away.
It's a fair point, but when there are entertainment changes/reductions, generally this community is vocal. Meet and Greets are rolled into those entertainment changes.

mitchk

We'll have to see how things go with this latest rumor, but unless Bob Weis can bring back someone like Tony Baxter or Tim Delaney to lead WRE, WDI does not have the ability to fully realize the work of Master Imagineer Marc Davis.

I agree with your statement, Marc was a genius and Tony was very good as well, although in my opinion Tony liked to "borrow" ideas ;). When it's all said, and done do any of you really believe they will build the Western River Expedition?:confused: Not gonna happen, I wish it would but let's be serious :(

Phil12

It's so forgotten that The Simpsons have referenced it numerous times and there's a marathon every year on SyFy.
It's very much like "I Love Lucy", "Gilligan's Island" and "The Honeymooners" in that sense. The MeTV network is a blessing for nostalgia fans.

Disneyson

So the ride will re-open without the third lift effects? Are they to be turned on later, or have they not been installed at all?

Sped2424

So the ride will re-open without the third lift effects? Are they to be turned on later, or have they not been installed at all?
It's a completely different show set up so if the props and detailing is not in the third lift room when it opens then this isn't something that can be turned on later sadly. It's either there or it isn't and if many are saying this isn't apart of this refurb I suppose we will have to wait some more for that new ending.

doctornick

Original Poster
As a side note to all of this...can we please recall that Tomorrowland kinda sucks...and needs the love more than Frontierland?

Please and thanks!

I fully acknowledge that all the WDW need a lot of work. And justifiably, more money and attention should be spent on the non-MK parks. That said, if I had my way, this is how I would plus MK for the 50th:

Tomorrowland: generally refurb of the entire land and replace Laugh Floor (could move it to DHS) with a more appropriate attraction for the land, perhaps something like the Tron coaster. [this would be in addition to the WIR replacing Stitch rumor]
Adventureland: is the one area that doesn't have a thrill ride, so would like to see the available plot be used for a thrilling E-ticket like Fire Mountain or a clone of Journey to the Center of the Earth or Indiana Jones. This would nicely spread out the thrill ride/E-tickets to different areas around the park.
Frontierland: really needs a long, sedate family ride to compliment the existing offerings. Ironically, that's exactly what Western River Expedition could be. Just make it happen
Liberty Square: would like to see a Sleepy Hallow attraction added (north of HM?) but I'm generally content with this land as well. Maybe add regular live entertainment to the Diamond Horseshoe.
Fantasyland: less of a need for anything here, but would be nice to add another smaller dark ride, perhaps something like Pinocchio instead of one of the tents in Storybook Circus.
Main Street: go for nostalgia and bring back the Cinema or Penny Arcade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom