Possible Frontierland expansion

doctornick

Original Poster
I absolutely agree, which is why I think the raft ride (very low capacity) is much less likely than everyone is speculating.

The exit of a giant stage show would have to be very carefully executed, too. Dumping that many people out in a dead end behind the parade route would create a major pinch point.

I would really hope that any Frontierland additions would involve fixing the dead end and creating an alternative pathway to Liberty Square (either via bridges across the islands or around the land on the north side of the RoA).

andre85

I would really hope that any Frontierland additions would involve fixing the dead end and creating an alternative pathway to Liberty Square (either via bridges across the islands or around the land on the north side of the RoA).

Agreed with this. Well, a true path around the river would be fantastic...although I guess that might mitigate the whole purpose of the boat. Unless they turned it into a true transportation to the far side of the river, which might be cool actually...

Edit: Looking at Google Maps, seems like there's TONS of expansion room there. Man, I would love if they did something back there, while retaining the island.

Cosmic Commando

The problem (IMO, of course) if Disney were to shift this Frontierland money to another park is that anything Disney does to draw crowds to one of the other parks will probably also increase the crowds at MK. If Disney convinces more people to come to WDW, they're not going to skip MK. That's why I'm hopeful that this money will go towards some kind of high capacity area/attraction; they need something that will make MK less crowded, not something that will add to crazy crowds. It's also why I have a feeling that TSI will go away... more place for people to stand. :( I don't like that second thought, but I'd go along with it if they do a good job.

novawildcat18

I'm putting my money on "Roaring Rapids", just announced for Shangai. Low R&D since it's already been done, fits with the raft ride that has been speculated about.

ToTBellHop

I'm putting my money on "Roaring Rapids", just announced for Shangai. Low R&D since it's already been done, fits with the raft ride that has been speculated about.
That ride might be a bit big for this space. The mountain looks enormous. I believe it is about the height of Space Mountain--100 feet taller than Splash, if I'm remembering correctly.

valenrandy

This!

This mountain would look fantastic in Frontierland!
AVLWT7585721.jpg

novawildcat18

That ride might be a bit big for this space. The mountain looks enormous. I believe it is about the height of Space Mountain--100 feet taller than Splash, if I'm remembering correctly.
You're probably right now that I think about it... I was too excited when I was reading and didn't realize that Roaring Mountain is most likely the show building for Roaring Rapids. I thought they were two separate attractions.

ToTBellHop

You're probably right now that I think about it... I was too excited when I was reading and didn't realize that Roaring Mountain is most likely the show building for Roaring Rapids. I thought they were two separate attractions.
It would certainly be impressive to look at. I just think it is roughly the size of Big Thunder and Splash combined.

FigmentJedi

This!

This mountain would look fantastic in Frontierland!
AVLWT7585721.jpg
It's much more of an Adventureland thing though. Not just because Adventure Isle's an expy, but Q'araq (the crocosaurus) and his domain is very much a Lost World right out of a pulp adventure story. Mysterious jungles no man has dared tread full of prehistoric beasts and all that fun stuff. And unless if Disney decided to rejuvenate an old Harryhausen movie and swap out Q'araq for somebody else, wouldn't really fit in Frontierland.

britdaw

I'd love to see an expansion in Frontierland but honestly, I'd much more rather see some new attractions in Tomorrowland. A "Meet The Robinsons" ride could be awesome, or even some new "Miles From Tomorrowland" stuff to draw in some of the Disney Junior fans.

IMFearless

Your very rough math is very roughly correct. 1/3 developed, 1/3 left to develop, 1/3 never-to-be-developed.

That said, I think the capacity for expansion specifically as it relates to the theme parks is much more limited, not by space, but by time. I can't see them ever building beyond six days worth of attractions in the "core four" theme parks (i.e. excluding water parks and the like). That means a two-day MK, a two-day Epcot, a full-day DHS, and a full-day DAK. Anything beyond that doesn't make much sense because you're not going to attract a sufficiently significant number of new guests to justify the investment.

I somewhat agree, but that only holds true if the parks are not full to capacity.

While the average guest may only stay for a week, if the existing parks are 100% full then there is a need for added park capacity.

Obviously we are nowhere near that point at this time, but in the future if the other parks are as full as Magic Kingdom then added park space would make sense, even if the average guest did not have time to experience everything on one trip.

jt04

It's much more of an Adventureland thing though. Not just because Adventure Isle's an expy, but Q'araq (the crocosaurus) and his domain is very much a Lost World right out of a pulp adventure story. Mysterious jungles no man has dared tread full of prehistoric beasts and all that fun stuff. And unless if Disney decided to rejuvenate an old Harryhausen movie and swap out Q'araq for somebody else, wouldn't really fit in Frontierland.

Yes, along these lines with a complete rewrite. And train station. All aboard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom