Possible Frontierland expansion

mahnamahna101

I'd take Miles From Tomorrowland over Laugh Floor and Stitch. At least it actually is set in Tomorrowland :p you're right that adding a preschool-skewing attraction is NOT what MK needs... we already have a whole land dedicated to the stroller brigade.

But GotG and WALL-E, possibly BH6, are the only IPs I would support coming to Tomorrowland. They're futuristic enough where I wouldn't mind them being there if they were well-executed. Of course, Tomorrowland won't be getting any love within the next 5-7 years other than possibly a Space Mountain overhaul.

Personally, I'd like to see Tomorrowland, Adventureland and Frontierland go wild with original attractions. Leave the IPs for Fantasyland, DHS and certain areas of AK. Unless a particular IP is a perfect fit (WALL-E in Tomorrowland, Indiana Jones or JttCotE/20K in Adventureland)

ToTBellHop

I'd take Miles From Tomorrowland over Laugh Floor and Stitch. At least it actually is set in Tomorrowland :p you're right that adding a preschool-skewing attraction is NOT what MK needs... we already have a whole land dedicated to the stroller brigade.

But GotG and WALL-E, possibly BH6, are the only IPs I would support coming to Tomorrowland. They're futuristic enough where I wouldn't mind them being there if they were well-executed. Of course, Tomorrowland won't be getting any love within the next 5-7 years other than possibly a Space Mountain overhaul.

Personally, I'd like to see Tomorrowland, Adventureland and Frontierland go wild with original attractions. Leave the IPs for Fantasyland, DHS and certain areas of AK. Unless a particular IP is a perfect fit (WALL-E in Tomorrowland, Indiana Jones or JttCotE/20K in Adventureland)
Miles from Tomorrowland should be added to a gift shop and that's about it. Well, and Disney Junior at DHS. I'd love to see Wall-E added to the parks but I don't think he's popular enough, unfortunately. I mean, he hasn't had a sequel green-lit, so I gather Bob doesn't like him.

Next Big Thing

GotG i'd only use at DHS...if it even can be used, I still have doubts. I mean, if it could 100% be used and they weren't just testing Uni, don't you think Star Lord and Gamora would be out for M&Gs DAILY?

Anyway, I actually like Laugh Floor... it just belongs in DHS. I'm honestly not sure what to do with Tomorrowland right now. BH6 I don't think was big enough for a ride, but an exhibit in innoventions? I think that's a distinct possibility. I think they should never have pulled the plug on the Tron ride that was supposed to come here (and is now in Shanghai). That would be something that would add real life to the area.

Next Big Thing

Miles from Tomorrowland should be added to a gift shop and that's about it. Well, and Disney Junior at DHS. I'd love to see Wall-E added to the parks but I don't think he's popular enough, unfortunately. I mean, he hasn't had a sequel green-lit, so I gather Bob doesn't like him.
lol, I actually did see Miles From Tomorrowland in both the Space Mountain and Animation gift shops.

mahnamahna101

GotG i'd only use at DHS...if it even can be used, I still have doubts. I mean, if it could 100% be used and they weren't just testing Uni, don't you think Star Lord and Gamora would be out for M&Gs DAILY?

Anyway, I actually like Laugh Floor... it just belongs in DHS. I'm honestly not sure what to do with Tomorrowland right now. BH6 I don't think was big enough for a ride, but an exhibit in innoventions? I think that's a distinct possibility. I think they should never have pulled the plug on the Tron ride that was supposed to come here (and is now in Shanghai). That would be something that would add real life to the area.
I like Laugh Floor, but it's simply not Tomorrowland. It's a people-eater, but if the New Frontierland expansion significantly increases capacity, I wouldn't mind seeing a similar Monsters Inc show moving to DHS into one of the Animation Courtyard theaters.

I'd say 10-12 yrs down the road (after New Frontierland, whatever happens at Epcot, the DHS overhaul, etc), Tomorrowland should get a revamp/expansion of its own. No closures... no decreased capacity. Real expansion. Plenty of spaces they could expand into... especially if the Speedway is bulldozed.

mahnamahna101

No TRON? SHAME on you!
I just don't think Tomorrowland in MK needs another coaster. Tomorrowland needs its own E-ticket equivalent to Spidey/Gringotts/FJ, and some C/D people-eaters. Along with the fixing of Space and CoP.

I'd love for an expansion behind the Speedway that includes:
  1. UFO Encounter (once rumored for Tokyo Disneyland... it basically combined the EMV ride system with ToT's drops and FJ's KUKA arms) - 2,000-2,500/hr
  2. Plectu's Intergalactic Revue (5,000-6,000/hr musical stage show)
  3. enclosed Flying Saucers (Junkyard Jamboree-esque) - would include two sides... double Junkyard's capacity.
Speedway could be removed to make way for Wonderland or something else, and also part of the new Tomorrowland expansion.

Laugh Floor uses the Main Street parking lot to become a family dark ride similar to Horizons... Stitch replaced by anything, lol.

I would be okay with TRON, if it uses the space between Space/CoP... AND it doesn't replace PeopleMover. As a D-ticket like Raging Spirits or the Indy coaster at Paris, I wouldn't mind, but I just don't want Tomorrowland to get another IP-based attraction... I'd like UFO Encounter just a little bit more.

Adventureland and Fantasyland are the only areas of MK where a major coaster could be warranted (Fire Mountain and Bald Mountain... still waiting haha),

Bocabear

It's cute...once maybe twice....thing is a giant stadium show like that kills so much time I do not want to commit to the hour of waiting, the 20+ minute show, and then fighting the crowd out of the theater...I would rather go on an attraction rather than yet another show...
So I am really hoping that a big show is not in the works as part of a MK expansion...

FigmentJedi

Yes, along these lines with a complete rewrite. And train station. All aboard.
You might as well just do a new raft ride disconnected from the Roaring Mountain theme then. Roaring Rapids is so damn impressive sounding specifically for Qaraq, not just because he's a giant croco-dino monster, but that the previous two Disney raft rides are all empty environment-focused things that lack substance. Grizzly Peak doesn't have any visible bears and the only monsters on Kali are that burning truck and those little twerps shooting water at you using the elephant statues.
A raft ride with stuff actually happening like that Louis and Clark concept could be great for Frontierland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom