Rumor Possible Demolition of The Land and The Seas Pavillions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSoxNo1

I found one exception (I won't link to it because I don't want to help his site, but it's easy enough to Google). The site reported in September, even with an audacious "CONFIRMED" in the headline, that Rafiki's Planet Watch was closing permanently, and Disney later said it's moving to seasonal operation and reopening this August. The original, uncorrected article is still accessible.
They were adamant that the Speedway was going away as part of TRON. Typically Corless gets a percentage of the story and guesses at the rest. As a D23 Expo is approaching he gets "bolder".

QuasiNoFroyo

If this rumor turns out to be true, I am boycotting Epcot forever. If anything, they should alter the facade of the Seas pavilion to resemble the Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory, in addition to giving Living with the Land a decent overhaul.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let’s for augment sake say it is legit...why would they close two pavilions like this? One of which houses one of the biggest attractions in the park...and arguably WDW as a whole. They should redo imagination. @marni1971 have you heard something like this?
What does your gut tell you?
West is going this year.
Define “year”? As in the one that’s now close to 50% gone?
It’s not a wink...the suspense is killing me. Is it legit?
What does your gut tell you?

Elias

The site that cannot be named is currently reporting a rumor that these two pavilions would be totally demolished, leaving only Soarin' left. I wanted to see if anyone here had any insight on if this is a valid rumor or not.
Zero chance. The bones of both pavilions are solid. Imagineers can reimagine anything they want in either space. Plus there is so much more on the EPCOT plate that needs to be done. Removing The Land or Living Seas must be so down the list, it's not even on the list.

AJDMB05

If this rumor turns out to be true, I am boycotting Epcot forever. If anything, they should alter the facade of the Seas pavilion to resemble the Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory, in addition to giving Living with the Land a decent overhaul.
I'm telling you, don't sweat this. There's plenty of valid reasons for being upset at the direction Epcot has gone in the last 15 years, this ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom