Rumor Possible Demolition of The Land and The Seas Pavillions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolbert

seascape

The site that cannot be named is currently reporting a rumor that these two pavilions would be totally demolished, leaving only Soarin' left. I wanted to see if anyone here had any insight on if this is a valid rumor or not.
This would be horrible. What would happen to the manatee? Now, on the otherhand if Disney were to buy Seaworld and they moved all the fish, ect over to that park it might makse sense. But the Lands? My wife and I love the Living with the Land ride and The behind the seeds tour. We would hate to the them removed. Besides, where else can you get people to pay for a ride that actually makes money by supplying fish and vegetables to restaurants that make even more money?

britain

It needs an interior rework I think.

I'd go with full reimagining. If it's called the land, bring us down to the actual stratas of earth, not just a tile mosaic inspired by stratas of earth. Shrink us down into a beautiful trench of soil (I'd be tempted to relocate Tough to be a Bug to the Harvest Theater - free up the Tree of Life at AK for something more worthy of that spectacular centerpiece), and suspend giant spherical raindrops in the center area. Go deeper into the mantle, glow some Journey to the Center of the Earth style cracks at the base of the pavilion. Soarin and Living could still be there and transition away from this microscopic theme, but make the place a visual feast!

Spash007

And he wonders, and gets p/o'ed when people call him Clickbait Corless? Any cotton headed ninny muggins knows that this can't possible be true.

Keep Soarin but demolish the rest of the pavilion? So they would have to re-build around the existing structure? I'm not architect, but I can only imagine what the cost of that would be. Could he possibly mean to update, possible re-theme the pavilion, keeping Soarin the same? And yet he uses the sensational word "demolish" to get people to click? :banghead:

Mickeynerd17

Interesting info.

IMHO demoing both Land and Seas would be very expensive and a refurb of both is more likely.

That being said, it's not totally impossible, remember, they did demolish a third of HWS for star wars and toy story. It would be very sad to see them both go

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And he wonders, and gets p/o'ed when people call him Clickbait Corless? Any cotton headed ninny muggins knows that this can't possible be true.

Keep Soarin but demolish the rest of the pavilion? So they would have to re-build around the existing structure? I'm not architect, but I can only imagine what the cost of that would be. Could he possibly mean to update, possible re-theme the pavilion, keeping Soarin the same? And yet he uses the sensational word "demolish" to get people to click? :banghead:
It is not too hard and it is actually pretty common. Pretty much every hospital expansion on the planet is a huge building tacked onto an older huge building.

On the other hand, draining a nearly 6 million gallon aquarium and re-homing several thousand marine creatures would be a bit of a challenge.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It is not too hard and it is actually pretty common. Pretty much every hospital expansion on the planet is a huge building tacked onto an older huge building.

On the other hand, draining a nearly 6 million gallon aquarium and re-homing several thousand marine creatures would be a bit of a challenge.

But... but... Corless reported it, it MUST be true!!! 🤣

SpaceMountain77

As one of WDWMagic's resident Research Scientists, I, too, was surprised by this rumor, particularly about The Seas. Dr. Heidi Harley, Professor of Psychology and Director of Environmental Studies at the New College of Florida, has been maintaining a successful cognitive psychology and comparative cognition research program at The Seas, focused on cognitive processes in dolphins. Dr. Harley regularly presents at distinguished conferences, noting the partnership with The Seas team and showcasing the learning and problem solving facilitates. Given the success of her research program, I had always assumed that Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment team was grateful for her scholarly contribution because it can be included in the AZA accreditation (Association of Zoos & Aquariums) that covers non-human animal programs at Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom park, Jambo House, and Kidani Village.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom