Princess Leia

Wdw timeline as follows:

ROL-AK
Pandora-AK
HEA-MK
TSL-HS
SWE-HS
RAT-EPCOT

That's a lot of new coming down the pipe before RAT.. and we know Disney Marketing needs time to milk everything so I'd expect, at a minimum, 6 months after SWE, before RAT were to open.
You can add the Coco overlay to Mexico in 2020 too. That's being discussed over in the Coco thread. Plus something for the UK in either 2019 or 2020, if the plan is still to open that before Ratatouille.

jaxonp

You can add the Coco overlay to Mexico in 2020 too. That's being discussed over in the Coco thread. Plus something for the UK in either 2019 or 2020, if the plan is still to open that before Ratatouille.

There is also a replacement for ROE coming soon from what I know.. the team from ROL is currently working on this show.

MCast

Mid 2019.

Question: Should we be for or against them replacing ROE?

I think a speak for a great number of people when I say that ROE has been a long-standing favorite of many guests. Disney should tread cautiously when touching this one in particular.

rushtest4echo

There is also a replacement for ROE coming soon from what I know.. the team from ROL is currently working on this show.

This has apparently been the case since 2002. 15 years later and we're still seeing more upgrades/changes to the current show. I'm sure they really are working on something, and have been for quite some time. But trying to convince decision makers that their extremely popular, extremely highly rated show needs a re-do doesn't seem to be gaining traction. I'm happy about that. :)

TiggerDad

I could also say the proposed entrance could be north west of the existing pavilion with a new queue / pathway around the rear of the pavilion to the new showbuilding. This would leave the IDF theatre untouched. Should they wish to think like that and wish to do so.
I thought that option had been ruled out. I'm assuming this would have the added benefit of cleaning up backstage where the gondola will swoop in to land at IG (by covering over the service road that is below grade)? I'm guessing this leaves the front part of the expansion pad available for future use. Would the exit be into the pavilion somehow, or out onto the main path?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought that option had been ruled out. I'm assuming this would have the added benefit of cleaning up backstage where the gondola will swoop in to land at IG (by covering over the service road that is below grade)? I'm guessing this leaves the front part of the expansion pad available for future use. Would the exit be into the pavilion somehow, or out onto the main path?
Exit will be back along the entrance path to come out north west of the pavilion.

Princess Leia

I could also say the proposed entrance could be north west of the existing pavilion with a new queue / pathway around the rear of the pavilion to the new showbuilding. This would leave the IDF theatre untouched. Should they wish to think like that and wish to do so.

Exit will be back along the entrance path to come out north west of the pavilion.

Paging @P_Radden :)

Prince Thomas

I don't think they already have the BATB ride yet... I think it is still in development. It took 2 years to do the Frozen overlay... a ground up ride would take more. I would rather they gut the Meet &Greet at the Magic Kingdom and the restaurant and put the BATB ride there. It is the wrong tone for World Showcase.
U want them to gut BOG????

jaxonp

This has apparently been the case since 2002. 15 years later and we're still seeing more upgrades/changes to the current show. I'm sure they really are working on something, and have been for quite some time. But trying to convince decision makers that their extremely popular, extremely highly rated show needs a re-do doesn't seem to be gaining traction. I'm happy about that. :)

It's happening and I've heard sooner than @marni1971 has suggested but things change all the time and my info could be old now. It has a name already as well.. I wouldn't surprised if it's mentioned at D23.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's happening and I've heard sooner than @marni1971 has suggested but things change all the time and my info could be old now. It has a name already as well.. I wouldn't surprised if it's mentioned at D23.
This version of RoE 2.0 has been bouncing around 2017-18-19 for quite a while. There have been several pushes to bring it forward. As of very recently it's scheduled to debut early summer 2019.

Last edited:

HMF

This version of RoE 2.0 has been bouncing around 2017-18-19 for quite a while. There have been several pushes to bring it forward. As of very recently it's scheduled to debut early summer 2019.
Will it actually be RoE 2.0 or an entirely new concept? I really hope it's the former.

jaxonp

Will it actually be RoE 2.0 or an entirely new concept? I really hope it's the former.

I wouldn't be surprised. One thing for sure, 2018 is looking like a slow year for new things besides TSL right now. Lots of new this year and tons of new in 2019. I wonder what else could be happening in 2018?????

clemmo

I wouldn't be surprised. One thing for sure, 2018 is looking like a slow year for new things besides TSL right now. Lots of new this year and tons of new in 2019. I wonder what else could be happening in 2018?????
From what I gather on here this is the timeline
2017- Avatar land
2018- TSL
2019- Caribbean beach and Coronado expansion plus ROE 2.0(?) Maybe SWL late in year
2020- SWL if delayed a bit, RAT, GMR, possible Coco overlay of 3 Cabs
2021- Whatever happens in MK which is likely stitch replacement and if the decide on doing a new e ticket/expansion

I think (assuming SWL is very late in 2019 or just early 2020) 2019 could be more of an in between year. Still seems to be lots of other stuff like central spine revamp at epcot and lots of updates at MK for 50th to make things sparkle. I wish we could have what Tokyo and Hong Kong do and release the long term plans so early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom