Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

doctornick

Original Poster
Understandable. It doesn't feel nearly as well integrated as Blue Bayou at Pirates anyway.

Epcot already has some "integrated" restaurants with rides (San Angel Inn, The Garden Grill) that function like Blue Bayou. I'd love to see that same concept used, but in other of the other parks (DHS is just screaming for that sort of unique twist to a new land).

clemmo

Personally, I think it should have been MI doors or Slinky. DHS needs more variety, not three coasters.

It needs something with a boat. And no height requirement.
I'd think GMR and saucers shouldn't have a big height requirement. Of course the park could still use additional attractions for the non coaster riders. I wouldn't mind the door coaster but somehow I highly doubt it, then again good plans never die. A dark ride wouldve been better for a overall rounding of the park.

doctornick

Original Poster
Personally, I think it should have been MI doors or Slinky. DHS needs more variety, not three coasters.

It needs something with a boat. And no height requirement.

Absolutely agree. The concept of the Door Coaster is cool but it's definitely not what DHS needs. I'd rather see them bring in Ride and Go Seek from Tokyo to DHS if they were doing a Monsters area (I know it was considered before and it is unfortunate that it isn't happening now). Honestly, a min-land like Ride and Seek, moving over Laugh Floor and a Harry Hausen's sushi restaurant would be a perfectly good addition for DHS and complement the other additions.

And, yes, a water ride would also be a good thing to look at for that park.

doctornick

Original Poster
Actually, I have, but for long term, although 50th is being considered (as a push, that I doubt will happen).

Well, it is nice to know that they are at least thinking about doing more for DHS after SW opens. I'm hoping they start on some other project before the completion of SW -- because we all know that the crowds (and $$$) that will come in 2019 could encourage the bean counters to say "ahh, DHS is busy enough, no need to put any more money there"

Kman101

It would be awesome, but would be terrible for capacity, I'd imagine. They haven't to have 2 or 3 mirror rooms to make it work.

That said, ETWB has it's place -- it's what a quality M&G should be. That doesn't take away from the point that there could/should have been a BatB ride as part of the expansion.

Still, given the sheer volume of BatB "stuff" that exists at WDW, I wouldn't mind seeing other IPs used before considering BatB. I mean, among princesses alone, an attraction for, say, Tangled or Sleeping Beauty would be nice and there's plenty of other classic Disney films that have never gotten attractions.

Agreed but I think a lot of us are going with B&TB because A) We have a themed land that SHOULD have had a ride to begin with, and B) it was considered for Epcot so it's on their minds, but I would personally like a Tangled ride. I doubt they'd ever look at Sleeping Beauty or say Princess and the Frog, though I'd like a P&TF ride as well. Surprised there's not some generic princess adventure ride that takes you through scenes of say Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Tangled and Princess and the Frog.

Sped2424

It would be awesome, but would be terrible for capacity, I'd imagine. They haven't to have 2 or 3 mirror rooms to make it work.

That said, ETWB has it's place -- it's what a quality M&G should be. That doesn't take away from the point that there could/should have been a BatB ride as part of the expansion.

Still, given the sheer volume of BatB "stuff" that exists at WDW, I wouldn't mind seeing other IPs used before considering BatB. I mean, among princesses alone, an attraction for, say, Tangled or Sleeping Beauty would be nice and there's plenty of other classic Disney films that have never gotten attractions.
As others have stated Batb has an entire land with no ride to anchor it! It's just natural for folks to want the big budget e ticket which disney already has all the plans for ready to go than another film that you have listed.

clemmo

As others have stated Batb has an entire land with no ride to anchor it! It's just natural for folks to want the big budget e ticket which disney already has all the plans for ready to go than another film that you have listed.
Completely agree this would be a perfect addition to that area maybe for the 50th since they're looking at one big e ticket as well as SGE replacement. Where would it go though since there's a road behind BOG and really all of that part of fantasyland.

Mike S

A excellent point that i happen to agree with.

Where are the imaginative, original worlds WED / WDI used to specialize in creating?

Where are today's immersive and self made original experiences like 'Pirates of the Caribbean', 'The Haunted Mansion', and 'Journey Into Imagination ( Original )'...?

'Mystic Manor' is the only recent non-IP Attraction I can think of off the top of my head....

I often get the impression that we are all missing out on some truly unique and wonderful experiences at the cost of current IP film trends and corporate directives fueled by Marketing.
Just think of all the fantastic things we could be experiencing INSTEAD of just 'reliving a familiar movie'.

Original and immersive experiences like 'Discovery Bay' and 'Beastly Kingdom' come fo mind.
I miss those days of yore when originality and uniqueness were pursued for the sake of just that.

I understand the vastly different work environment now, and how the company wants to 'play it safe'....but it would be nice to see a few creative gems come forth that are specifically for the Park experience itself and not nessesarily for tie-in synergy purposes.

-
An extremely interesting article that shows the very clear inspiration that Disney took from carnival Spook Houses for Haunted Mansion.
http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2011/10/start-to-shriek-and-harmonize.html?m=1

It's not wholly original but they made it theirs.
Agreed but I think a lot of us are going with B&TB because A) We have a themed land that SHOULD have had a ride to begin with, and B) it was considered for Epcot so it's on their minds, but I would personally like a Tangled ride. I doubt they'd ever look at Sleeping Beauty or say Princess and the Frog, though I'd like a P&TF ride as well. Surprised there's not some generic princess adventure ride that takes you through scenes of say Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Tangled and Princess and the Frog.
Because unlike the parks Disney respects the individuality of those IPs to not have them invade each other where it wouldn't make sense.
giphy.gif

Except the occasional cameo/easter egg, of course. Or combined M&Gs.

HMF

I would remain optimistic on the new night show in EPCOT. The majority of plans keep it IP-less, and they all showcase very impressive things. I think I said it before, but I'll say it again, the new show =RoE+RoL+_____ (left blank on purpose. Is things go the way I am rooting for them to go, another show could be added to the mix.
It would have to be literally the most amazing heart-stirring thing ever created to top ROE. Consider me cautiously optimistic. I really hope I don't regret it like with SSE07.

HMF

Yep.
Tom Fitzgerald, for one....

:depressed:

-
Though I have liberally criticized Fitz in the past for his Screen-loving and insistence on literal storylines. I will concede that he was involved with the original EPCOT Center to the extent of penning the script of Horizons and the Cronkite version of Spaceship Earth so I am assuming he has good taste in regards to Epcot until he proves me wrong.

aaronml

Though I have liberally criticized Fitz in the past for his Screen-loving and insistence on literal storylines. I will concede that he was involved with the original EPCOT Center to the extent of penning the script of Horizons and the Cronkite version of Spaceship Earth so I am assuming he has good taste in regards to Epcot until he proves me wrong.
Fitz was also one of the people pushing for SSE Time Racers (Project Gemini), for what that's worth...

Sped2424

Completely agree this would be a perfect addition to that area maybe for the 50th since they're looking at one big e ticket as well as SGE replacement. Where would it go though since there's a road behind BOG and really all of that part of fantasyland.
Insiders have stated they could do ti but it would take some MAJOR reworking of current infrastructure.

ToTBellHop

For a while Serpico has hinted that a water ride was on the table for DHS, lately, that has been mentioned less and less, yet it IS still mentioned.
It's just striking as it is something Disney theme parks are known for. Which other parks don't have one? WDSP I think. And that's it? Hardly a good crowd to be mixed up with.

Get new friends,DHS! I know this great dude named Sea! You should do sake sometime and share stories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom