Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Kamikaze

Unfortunately, I feel as if Corporate will change directions if they deem it to be a better investment. Right now, BATB has a global gross of over $750 million - which is huge and still counting.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rat is halted if BATB crosses the $1B mark...

There is one issue with doing anything with the 'live action' versions of these stories, though - the actor/actresses likenesses are a lot harder to obtain and license than when the characters are animated. This is the reason why they did jack squat with Enchanted in the parks despite it doing very well. So anything they do would be based on the animated version, of which they already have a lot in the parks. And with a castle already at MK, if they are going to add a full attraction, it would most likely be there.

Also, don't forget that they would just be copying the Ratatouille attraction from WDSP. Not having to create something from scratch saves TDO a lot of money, and we all know TDO likes saving money anywhere they can.

MCast

Again, why build a BATB Ride at Epcot when you have an entire BatB section over at Magic Kingdom.

I hear you - the only counterargument I could see is that they could spread the wealth, if you will. If you have multiple BATB attractions in different parks, that requires guests to buy multiple tickets or park-hoppers.

HMF

I hear you - the only counterargument I could see is that they could spread the wealth, if you will. If you have multiple BATB attractions in different parks, that requires guests to buy multiple tickets or park-hoppers.
Oh right, I forgot we are in the age where theme does not matter and the parks sole reason for existing is to promote brands and make money.

Dizney Crew

As long as we get another ride in WS I don't care which theme they go with. But after watching videos online of Rat, the ride doesn't look too groundbreaking or something I'm dying to get over here in the states, it looks OK, but bottom line is we need more rides of any kind at EPCOT.

Mike S

Again, why build a BATB Ride at Epcot when you have an entire BatB section over at Magic Kingdom.
Why build Ratatouille at Epcot when there's Pixar Place at DHS?
There is one issue with doing anything with the 'live action' versions of these stories, though - the actor/actresses likenesses are a lot harder to obtain and license than when the characters are animated. This is the reason why they did jack squat with Enchanted in the parks despite it doing very well. So anything they do would be based on the animated version, of which they already have a lot in the parks. And with a castle already at MK, if they are going to add a full attraction, it would most likely be there.

Also, don't forget that they would just be copying the Ratatouille attraction from WDSP. Not having to create something from scratch saves TDO a lot of money, and we all know TDO likes saving money anywhere they can.
Enchanted show for DHS. Or touring. Or Broadway. Either one works :)
Oh right, I forgot we are in the age where theme does not matter and the parks sole reason for existing is to promote brands and make money.
Yup, sadly enough.

Kman101

They would love to build a Beauty and the Beast ride in Epcot. But, they want a new ride to open there in Summer 2019. Beauty and the Beast couldn't meet that timeline. So we will get Rat.

All of this talk about what is right or wrong for Epcot didn't enter the actual conversation in the least. Those who make decisions don't really care about the original intent of each park. Decisions on which attractions to add are based upon where and when there is a need and whether there is an appropriate IP available to maintain adequate traffic flow through the gift shop.

At least Rat is a good ride.

Wow. I shouldn't be surprised. That really says it all, doesn't it?

KrzyKtty

As much as I would love a BatB ride, even I can see where it would fit better in MK, not that my opinion really matters. If you really really need rides in more of the WS, Rat is probably the better fit IP wise.

Kman101

So your telling me that you can't build/copy a ride you already have (BATB) in 2 years? Come on, I know Disney drags their feet on building these attractions, but come on 2 years seems like more than enough time.

I don't get that either. But I'd rather they save the B&TB for the off-chance it gets plugged into New Fantasyland. I don't want it in World Showcase. I'd rather have the Rat.

Kamikaze

Wait a second - when exactly was that not the case?
Its 'Sleeping Beauty Castle' out at DL to promote the upcoming film (which didn't come out til 4 years later).

As far as making money - Walt's main purpose wasn't to make money, sure, but he knew he had to make money to keep things going and to make more of what he wanted to do. You don't think his E.P.C.O.T. needed as much money as possible?

So your telling me that you can't build/copy a ride you already have (BATB) in 2 years? Come on, I know Disney drags their feet on building these attractions, but come on 2 years seems like more than enough time.

I'm confused. What BatB ride are you referring to? The one heading to Tokyo? That one isn't supposed to open until 2020.

Bocabear

I don't think they already have the BATB ride yet... I think it is still in development. It took 2 years to do the Frozen overlay... a ground up ride would take more. I would rather they gut the Meet &Greet at the Magic Kingdom and the restaurant and put the BATB ride there. It is the wrong tone for World Showcase.

Mike S

Without park guests, there wouldn't be shares to hold ;)
So much THIS!!! ^

Your customers are in it to pay you for your product. Shareholders are in it to make money off of your product. Which one would you want to tick off the least?

Listening solely to shareholders is a terrible thing. If another company I love did that they would be making nothing but phone games right now.

Dizney Crew

I don't think they already have the BATB ride yet... I think it is still in development. It took 2 years to do the Frozen overlay... a ground up ride would take more. I would rather they gut the Meet &Greet at the Magic Kingdom and the restaurant and put the BATB ride there. It is the wrong tone for World Showcase.

I know BATB isn't opened yet, it opens next year I believe. Either way the hard part seems is already done (concept/design/pre fab stuff). So it doesn't seem like 2 years would be something that would be out of the question. I can see what people are saying about whats a better fit, but for them to go with 1 ride over the other just because they don't think BATB can be done in 2 years is a joke/frustrating IMO.

Mike S

Keep the restaurant, destroy the town, destroy the crappy facade, build new grand castle facade that isn't only 10ft tall.

cheezbat

I know BATB isn't opened yet, it opens next year I believe. Either way the hard part seems is already done (concept/design/pre fab stuff). So it doesn't seem like 2 years would be something that would be out of the question. I can see what people are saying about whats a better fit, but for them to go with 1 ride over the other just because they don't think BATB can be done in 2 years is a joke/frustrating IMO.
Nope. The new ride won't open for at least two to three more years. Construction in Tokyo has just recently started. The designing part has happened, but as far as I know, nothing has been prefabbed yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom