Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, you expect execs to not close an attraction AND use it's facade for a different (new) one? You expect them to build a new queue when it can be crammed into a shuttered attraction instead? That's double savings! :cool: Quarterly bonus. Reduced operating costs! Reduced construction costs! Increased traffic through existing stores! Ruinng the lives of WDWMagic posters everywhere! So many opportunities!

What if IDF was made to be the queue for Rat!?

Every time you wanted to ride Rat, you had to be educated with a France travelogue! Genius!!

Bocabear

Every time you wanted to ride Rat, you had to be educated with a France travelogue! Genius!!
Unfortunately, if they did this, they would replace the film with a pixar short about Remy and completely ruin the idea of learning a little something about France...The film is really beautiful...It wuld be a real loss.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Unfortunately, if they did this, they would replace the film with a pixar short about Remy and completely ruin the idea of learning a little something about France...The film is really beautiful...It wuld be a real loss.

See Rocket Rods.

jaxonp

IDF is by far my favorite film at all of WDW.. The music, the scenery... It truly shows France in all it's glory. Certainly could call for updates, but honestly, it's aged really really well. Even if they just went to one Imax style screen and left the film alone with new 4K/8K projectors would be enough for me!

That said, I've been vocal about how I really like RAT. IMO, it's the best IP that makes some sort of sense, being that it's forced into the WS, like Frozen and 3Cabs were. If IP driven WS attractions are the new future, then, at least this one has some merit.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member

What if the Queue was throughs Monsieur Paul's and they converted the restaurant into the queue for rat instead? There were pictures way back that showed the pavilion from behind being multiple levels and MP's would lead up and over to the new building? @marni1971 and I on to something there?

dan8302

I think that this actually ties in to the gondola rumors as well. If you look at the path that is rumored it goes pretty close to backside of the France pavilion, close enough that they would need to add some themeing. Might as well do two things at once.

cheezbat

I think they are just okay with it opening in 2021 or 2022. Rat just skipped ahead of it.
Lovely. So Guardians will probably already have its third movie out by then and it's novelty will have worn off.
I thought Disney wanted this stuff built while the properties are hot? I just don't see Guardians having the staying power of Iron Man or the Avengers.

ToTBellHop

Lovely. So Guardians will probably already have its third movie out by then and it's novelty will have worn off.
I thought Disney wanted this stuff built while the properties are hot? I just don't see Guardians having the staying power of Iron Man or the Avengers.
Well, if it's a good ride, that's all that matters. I'm not suggesting it will be. Certainly not instead of Universe of Energy. But I've never believed a Future World needed a roller coaster. Certainly not thrill-heavy FW East. I guess kids just get to learn about fish and plants.

Kman101

Well, to be fair, 2021 is only four years away at this point so time will eventually start to fly and it won't seem that far out. But I agree that once again they seem to be unable to capitalize on a hot property despite that being the idea. I don't know that anyone underestimates Guardian's popularity; they'll also be in Avengers, no? So they're not going away the next 3-4 years. It could work out. But we all know they don't *have* to wait to start on anything. They can move fast if they want to. They still seem to be hammering a lot of things out, whether I agree with that or not ...

I don't know that I want to see any exposed coaster track sitting in Future World though. Is there plans to keep it inside or will we see anything outside?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, to be fair, 2021 is only four years away at this point so time will eventually start to fly and it won't seem that far out.....

I don't know that I want to see any exposed coaster track sitting in Future World though. Is there plans to keep it inside or will we see anything outside?
The timescale is once again lethargic.

You shouldn't see any outside track.

Kman101

The timescale is once again lethargic.

You shouldn't see any outside track.

The latter makes me incredibly happy!

I really thought they learned their lesson and would start to move a bit faster. I know in a few years time we'll have a lot to hopefully crow about (well, I doubt I'll crow about GOTG when they could update Energy but I hope it's at least a good ride) but I'm greedy, I want them to get moving, lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom