Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

hokielutz

Thanks for the updates and the photos....

Too bad that Ahh-nold and the other Expendables stars are divested from the company. They could've made a splash at a ribbon cutting reopening party there.

JohnWD

Have they even started on Planet Hollywood yet? It looks the same as last year.

image.jpeg

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, June 24.

IMG_8029.JPG

At the back side of Planet Hollywood, overlooking the Springs, the steel support structure for the outdoor deck has been installed on it's concrete bases. The structure does tilt or lean outward from the building.

IMG_8056.JPG

The construction entrance door was left open....a view looking into the Observatory entrance at the interior staircase.

IMG_8057.JPG

roj2323

Original Poster
I walked by this today and noticed 2 things. The first is they have started painting the steel a pewter grey color which you can see in flyerjab's photo above. The second thing I noticed is the part of the beams closest to the fiberglass exterior is being drilled with holes along the sides about every 8-10 inches. This leads me to believe that the new exterior is simply going to be an overlay and not a replacement for the current exterior shel of the building. I did take a photo from the coca-cola store rooftop so i'll post it shortly.

roj2323

Original Poster
I walked by this today and noticed 2 things. The first is they have started painting the steel a pewter grey color which you can see in flyerjab's photo above. The second thing I noticed is the part of the beams closest to the fiberglass exterior is being drilled with holes along the sides about every 8-10 inches. This leads me to believe that the new exterior is simply going to be an overlay and not a replacement for the current exterior shel of the building. I did take a photo from the coca-cola store rooftop so i'll post it shortly.

I don't know how well you can make out the holes but they are in pairs about every 10-12 inches.
image.jpeg

articos

The new exterior is a facade over the existing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom