Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

RAXIP

image.jpeg
There's an interior rendering on the Planet Hollywood website too.

hokielutz

The pic someone posted from March 8 really doesn't speak to me that PH will be ready for a Summer 2016 open date. The entire outside looks like crap, compared to what the concept art says it will look like. Unless all they will do is put on a fresh coat of paint.

halltd

The pic someone posted from March 8 really doesn't speak to me that PH will be ready for a Summer 2016 open date. The entire outside looks like crap, compared to what the concept art says it will look like. Unless all they will do is put on a fresh coat of paint.
That's six months of work, and it appears just from walking by that most of the interior demo (and a lot of the exterior) is already complete. So, that seems feasible to me. Tight, but feasible. At least they don't have to rely on strange site access to the building like say, the MK hub.

The new renderings are sweet! I love to see that the exterior space survived!

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I personally like the look of the original concept art over the new version. I prefer the look of the observation tower and the "Observatory" entrance way. Although both are a vast improvement over the old Planet Hollywood ball.
os-planet-hollywood-redesign-20150226

OrlHero.jpg

Adam N

I personally like the look of the original concept art over the new version. I prefer the look of the observation tower and the "Observatory" entrance way. Although both are a vast improvement over the old Planet Hollywood ball.
os-planet-hollywood-redesign-20150226

OrlHero.jpg
Technically they're two different angles. The first is a few from Orange Garage and the second is the backside... Probably from the spring by STK. So I believe that the brick observatory entrance is still in the works.

JohnWD

The outside of this building really looked terrible. Revamp is much needed.
It's been bad a long time. We ate there a long time ago, and we were not impressed with the interior or food either. Maybe we will be lured back.... The concept art looks nice!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom