Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

roj2323

Original Poster
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Well it has begun but it's really confusing. All of the new steel is round which doesn't lend itself to being easily wrapped in steel sheeting so I'm thinking they are actually going to be installing a fabric overlay over this steel skeleton. Hopefully someone on here can give us some detail on this.

JUFL2019

Lol. Yeah, follow that upwards and you'll see more....already half covered with a vertical "rib".
The vertical ribs are shown in the concept art and are attached to the center of the bracket (probably welded) the metal sheeting is placed inbetween each rib and bolted to the holes shown.

halltd

I see what he is saying. The ribs attach to those plates, but they are not using the holes on either side of the rib, those holes will be used to attach the covering.

View attachment 154339
I'll remain cautiously optimistic, then. Just seems like a very odd assembly. Like, there's no intermediate attachment points on the arched tubes, or on the big building's ribs either. And, are they just going to trap the building exhausts between the old exterior and this new one? How are they going to make the exterior watertight? So many questions!

HiYa Pal

Taking the exhausts into consideration I wonder if the round "ribs" will conceal gaps in the metal sheeting to allow for ventilation, so they don't need to attach to the metal surface, they may actually "float" above it.

JUFL2019

Taking the exhausts into consideration I wonder if the round "ribs" will conceal gaps in the metal sheeting to allow for ventilation, so they don't need to attach to the metal surface, they may actually "float" above it.
I may be wrong, but I believe all the ventilation is located at the top of the building, what looks like holes and vents on the sides is where the planet Hollywood sign was attached and other items along the outside were attched(electrical boxes etc)

HiYa Pal

I may be wrong, but I believe all the ventilation is located at the top of the building, what looks like holes and vents on the sides is where the planet Hollywood sign was attached and other items along the outside were attched(electrical boxes etc)

I was just spit balling anyway, lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom