Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

steamboatjosh

The 90s kid that still lives in me kind of has a broken heart about this, but at the same time I'm really excited that all of Disney Springs will be a new thing for me to experience the next time I visit WDW. I'm actually visiting in February, mainly to look at Celebration, FL which is where we are considering moving later on in the year. If we end up moving to the town that Disney started then I'll be able to visit the Springs whenever I want! :)

MonkeyHead

When The planet Hollywood Observatory opens in the summer of this year. Can I make Reservations to the planet Hollywood Observatory when it's opens.:confused:

Are you some sort of weird Disney robot? I can immediately tell when you post without even looking at your username.

halltd

This is great news. I always disliked the exterior theming of this structure. It just seemed cheap and out of place.
It fit the time period and surroundings when it was built. Everything around it continued to change, and PH just sat there as a time capsule, though. I'm really loving the fact that they were able to keep the iconic shape of the building and retheme it appropriately. To me, that fits the "Disney is not a museum" train of thought yet keeps at least a semblance of history in tact.

Mouse Detective

It fit the time period and surroundings when it was built. Everything around it continued to change, and PH just sat there as a time capsule, though. I'm really loving the fact that they were able to keep the iconic shape of the building and retheme it appropriately. To me, that fits the "Disney is not a museum" train of thought yet keeps at least a semblance of history in tact.
I don't think they are being deliberately brilliant. I just think it's way too expensive to change the shape of the building so they were forced to live with what they already had.

cspencer96

Are you some sort of weird Disney robot? I can immediately tell when you post without even looking at your username.
That may have been a bit mean, considering.
Stop Outting 1120 Celebration Blvd's new "Influencer" group...
She's been here for a long while, and I honestly do not think she is part of that group...

Last edited:

robonakabob

Here is a picture I took while walking to work this morning. The awning is gone, the stairs are stripped, and the end of the day a good amount of the flying saucer was stripped,

IMG_0480.JPG

dizda

Disney is not a museum? Somebody alert the Epcot threads. Seriously, though, positive change like this is good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom