Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

Bartattack

We'll be at Disney from 1st till may 20th.... any change we'll be able to experience 'the springs'? Even if the new shops and restaurants aren't open, it would be nice to just be able to walk around the town center/springs area.

hpyhnt 1000

It looks like the Coca-Cola building might have a rooftop deck area as well. So not a total loss for upper level eating/viewing space.

Mouse Detective

I am assuming they are waiting until the view from the balcony improves, Hopefully by the summer the Town Center should be less of a building site!
Probably, but the balcony is not covered so it will be miserably hot up there. Also, there are so many trees along the shoreline that it's actually difficult to see much of the springs from up there.

mm121

Another site is claiming the outdoor balcony overlooking the springs was cut from the plans.
thats dumb, especially since almost everywhere thats being built has some type of outdoor seating which is a big change from the pre-disney springs days
That seems to be a pattern. First the High Line seating area, now this.

i can see why they cut the high line upper level due to safety/capacity/legal reasons

but seems silly to cut the balcony from planet hollywood

danlb_2000

Premium Member
thats dumb, especially since almost everywhere thats being built has some type of outdoor seating which is a big change from the pre-disney springs days

i can see why they cut the high line upper level due to safety/capacity/legal reasons

but seems silly to cut the balcony from planet hollywood

I assume this is the balcony people are talking about. It actually looks more like and observation deck then a balcony that is part of the restaurant seating area.

Capture.JPG

mm121

I assume this is the balcony people are talking about. It actually looks more like and observation deck then a balcony that is part of the restaurant seating area.

View attachment 127992
while that looks cool, i can see why they'd cut it

probably the same lawyers got involved here as did with the high line.

damn lawyers ruining all the fun

i thought we were talking about cutting the outside seating in the back on the second level overlooking the springs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom