Planet Hollywood unveils redesign for Disney Springs

halltd

I assume this is the balcony people are talking about. It actually looks more like and observation deck then a balcony that is part of the restaurant seating area.
I thought they were talking about the gray area on this map...about 9,600 sf of exterior space overlooking the springs.
dspringsomg-jpg.124810

Personally I hope they don't delete either as I think they'd both be cool additions to the facility which would increase traffic.

@danlb_2000, could we get this image added to your first post on the Tenant Map thread? I keep going back to this for reference and have to search for it every time. :)

And thanks @Stitchon for the image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/57343525@N04/23467884473/in/dateposted-public/

Last edited:

mm121

I thought they were talking about the gray area on this map...about 9,600 sf of exterior space overlooking the springs.
dspringsomg-jpg.124810

Personally I hope they don't delete either as I think they'd both be cool additions to the facility which would increase traffic.

@danlb_2000, could we get this image added to your first post on the Tenant Map thread? I keep going back to this for reference and have to search for it every time. :)

And thanks @Stitchon for the image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/57343525@N04/23467884473/in/dateposted-public/

from a business standpoint i'd say they'd keep the 9000 since thats profit space and ditch the tower lookout since that doesnt bring a profit unless they charged to go up there, which in that case they could keep it since then they'd be able to limit the number of people on the platform at one time and would be able to have an employee monitor the area

the boathouse has its gimmick the cars, so ph could have its pay gimmick the observation deck from the tower

danlb_2000

Premium Member
dspringsomg-jpg.124810

The problem with that map is that a lot of the location number are not readable. That is why I took a map similar to this one and re-did the numbering in a larger font.

halltd

I was really hoping that observation deck was going to stay. But, the building still looks WAY better overall. Here's a comparison of the original rendering versus the current one. It looks like many things were removed from the scope including the dome on the entry, the arched windows under the planet hollywood sign, and the base to the tower (as well as the main tower itself).

If that white structure in the back to the left is the outdoor dining terrace, it looks like it may have stayed, though!

9WOGXss.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was really hoping that observation deck was going to stay. But, the building still looks WAY better overall. Here's a comparison of the original rendering versus the current one. It looks like many things were removed from the scope including the dome on the entry, the arched windows under the planet hollywood sign, and the base to the tower (as well as the main tower itself).

If that white structure in the back to the left is the outdoor dining terrace, it looks like it may have stayed, though!

9WOGXss.jpg

I like the observation deck a lot more in the original art. Also looks like they dropped the dome from the entrance structure.

flyerjab

I definitely prefer the original concept art to this newer rendition. There also appears to be a glass dome on the roof of the one structure that is now missing. Wait and see I suppose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom