PizzeRizzo Closing or Receiving Menu Changes?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who expected it to be good? They even tell you - It's rat pizza.

pizzerizzo-muppets-pizza-restaurant-disneys-hollywood-studios-wdw-002.jpg

Screen_Shot_2015-09-21_at_4.54.12_PM.0.0.png

Pizza rat = automatic daily winner

DisneyGigi

The thing that I don’t understand is why did they retheme it to start with to serve the same pizza? The food was terrible at Pizza Planet too but it was Pizza Planet. Disney totally dropped the ball by not putting a Pizza Planet back in Toy Story Land. Put Pizza Planet back there with better pizza!!! Heck, even if it is crappy pizza, at least it would be Pizza Planet.

aladdin2007

The thing that I don’t understand is why did they retheme it to start with to serve the same pizza? The food was terrible at Pizza Planet too but it was Pizza Planet. Disney totally dropped the ball by not putting a Pizza Planet back in Toy Story Land. Put Pizza Planet back there with better pizza!!! Heck, even if it is crappy pizza, at least it would be Pizza Planet.

Agreed, they were also too cheap to give the land its own store, and some type of indoor dining location pizza planet or otherwise. This park to me seems more disjointed than ever.

kjb101791

I actually like the pizza here. I think it is getting way too much hate. What I don't understand is how it's always slow when HS has basically no good quick service places, even more limited to QS with air conditioning. I think an updated menu that had larger pizzas for families would really help utilize the space better. All the room with bigger tables begs for family-sized pizzas. That's an easy fix; ideally, some Rizzo and other Muppet animatronics around (perhaps Rizzo popping out of hidden areas in the ceiling) would make the place more fun, especially for kids. I would still rather eat here than ABC Commissary.

MuteSuperstar

I'd say add some arcade games and pinball in addition to improving the pizza.

And while not a fan of Mellow Mushroom, I have come around to thinking it might be a good idea to contract out at least some of the QS food to some solid established brands (think Shake Shack rather than McDonalds), and tastefully integrate them while also keeping some unique in-house QS food as well. It's just a bummer to see facilities like this sitting dormant in packed parks, regardless of season.

Last edited:

Thebolt

It was just the first bit of the SWGE expansion that was built. I presume the initial expectation would have seen the gap between Rizzo and Star Wars being much shorter. Mothballing it until its purpose arrives makes some sense.

It would be appreciated if they took the opportunity to address the customer feedback they must have collected on the menu being below expectation. Maybe doing that won't increase the profits, but sending people home with a bad experience isn"t good business long term.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Agreed, they were also too cheap to give the land its own store, and some type of indoor dining location pizza planet or otherwise. This park to me seems more disjointed than ever.
Al’s Toy Barn would have been amazing.
Because Andy's backyard didn't have a Pizza Planet or Toy Store in it... the theme of TSL is "Andy's Back Yard."

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I actually like the pizza here. I think it is getting way too much hate. What I don't understand is how it's always slow when HS has basically no good quick service places, even more limited to QS with air conditioning. I think an updated menu that had larger pizzas for families would really help utilize the space better. All the room with bigger tables begs for family-sized pizzas. That's an easy fix; ideally, some Rizzo and other Muppet animatronics around (perhaps Rizzo popping out of hidden areas in the ceiling) would make the place more fun, especially for kids. I would still rather eat here than ABC Commissary.
Taste is certainly subjective, but I think there are many who don't share your opinion of the quality of the pizza, that coupled by the fact its tucked away in a corner of the park many don't visit didn't bode well for Rizo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom