PizzeRizzo Closing or Receiving Menu Changes?

francism

This is the type of thing regional zoos do, not one of the parks at the most popular tourist destination on earth. I mean I know they do this occasionally with some spots, but after all the renovation and such a large spot, it just seems strange to me that it was doing that poorly. Oh well, sounds like most people won't miss it. Can't help but wonder if it's the beginning of the end for the muppets presence.

Yeah, because Tomorrowland Terrace and Tortuga Tavern are open daily.

MuteSuperstar

Yeah, because Tomorrowland Terrace and Tortuga Tavern are open daily.

As I said, I know they do this occasionally with some spots (in Tomorrowland Terrace's case, what is it, 20 years now?). Just seems odd in this particular area of the park, but if it underperformed, it underperformed. I assume it will turn into something once the Star Wars throngs descend upon the place.

tissandtully

I feel like too much was spent on theming this to close it permanently and redo it again, will def be back open for SWGE, maybe with a more diverse menu.

DisneyOutsider

As I said, I know they do this occasionally with some spots (in Tomorrowland Terrace's case, what is it, 20 years now?). Just seems odd in this particular area of the park, but if it underperformed, it underperformed. I assume it will turn into something once the Star Wars throngs descend upon the place.

That corner of the park is essentially dead, regardless of people's opinion of Muppetvision 3D as an attraction. Add in the fact that you have to walk past Baseline Taphouse to get there, which is currently serving edible food... and you've got a really tough sell for Pizzerizzo's.

scottnj1966

I don’t think this restaurant rates as much time on the forums as it has. It’s subrate fast food pizza that they sell all over the parts. There is nothing special about it at all.

Go around the corner to Mama Merosa’s. At least there you have a very good chance at good food and service. At least I hope it’s still good, haven’t been for over a year.

Macca250

Table service options, other than MM, isn’t all that enticing at DHS in my opinion. Making use of this space, I’d Love to see a Muppet themed table service restaurant with Skipper Canteen/Be Our Guest level theming. Even if a portion remained dedicated to QS, there’s a lot of space available here.

Jambo Joe

Agree on the pizza - it’s weak. My son and I explored the space in our last visit. It has a surprising attention to detail. The room upstairs that looks like a ‘hall’ in an Italian neighborhood really feels legitimate. I guess the question is - what was the point of the theming they were trying for? Just doesn’t feel like it was part of a master plan.

The place is a barn too - it can accommodate a crap load of people. If they had the menu from PizzaPointe - the place would be buzzing once GE is open.

ThatMouse

It's 100 times worse than microwave pizza. Did someone say they switched it to the Disney flatbreads? Those aren't bad, but not great.

fngoofy

I wish they would partner with Mellow Mushroom, that would be amazing.
And really that's the whole problem, the pizza they have served in this location has always been really bad.

If there was good pizza and a good selection of beer I'd be lobbying to hit the place more than once in our week there.

ppete1975

If they had just spent some money (besides the food) and just added some sound effects some cheap animatronics (like Disney store level) maybe loud noises and smoke coming from the kitchen (maybe some Swedish chef yelling and clanging dishes) heck rats up top on a conveyor belt like they were running. It really wouldn't have been that expensive and would have added an "attraction" to an area that needs it.

fngoofy

This is the type of thing regional zoos do, not one of the parks at the most popular tourist destination on earth. I mean I know they do this occasionally with some spots, but after all the renovation and such a large spot, it just seems strange to me that it was doing that poorly. Oh well, sounds like most people won't miss it. Can't help but wonder if it's the beginning of the end for the muppets presence.
When SW:GE opens it will be a mad house. They may alter the menu, but whatever opens there will be hopping.

Minthorne

It's 100 times worse than microwave pizza. Did someone say they switched it to the Disney flatbreads? Those aren't bad, but not great.

Who expected it to be good? They even tell you - It's rat pizza.

pizzerizzo-muppets-pizza-restaurant-disneys-hollywood-studios-wdw-002.jpg

Screen_Shot_2015-09-21_at_4.54.12_PM.0.0.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom