PizzeRizzo Closing or Receiving Menu Changes?

roj2323

I think this is actually the point. They want to slowly transition it away from a muppets themed area to a more hollywood/cityscape to blend with the rest of the parks "skeleton". Overtime, the muppets will continue to be stripped away, they'll turn the muppet theatre into a preview shop, stage show, etc. The park can't really afford to lose muppets now, but in 2 years maybe. I'd expect one mans dream and the animation courtyard to begin significant changes soon too.

If by soon you mean 18 months, then sure but otherwise don't be surprised to see Animation Courtyard remain as is for now. Once Starwarsland opens then all bets are off for quite a few areas of the park.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Here's before...
5168a92f23ef5206f2ad7773db3e9d63--hollywood-studios-disney-food.jpg

And here's after..Apparently the Rizzo statue is there still didn't notice it until now..
piggy_fountain.jpg

Two removed statues and downgraded water features. At least it wasn't turned into a planter though.

FullSailDan

If by soon you mean 18 months, then sure but otherwise don't be surprised to see Animation Courtyard remain as is for now. Once Starwarsland opens then all bets are off for quite a few areas of the park.

I've heard sooner than 18 months for animation courtyard and I think insiders have hinted as much too. Either way, good riddance to launch bay. Waste of huge space, though as a former animator, anything short of the old animation studio makes my heart sad.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
So it is, or is not, closing? I read both here and am sleep-deprived-confused to make sense of which one it is.

ppete1975

They are also just removing studio theming from all of the stores.

I think it will open again on a regular basis once foot traffic is headed back in that direction. Before they closed off streets of America that area and restaurant always seemed busy. If it was just bad reviews, they would just change the food.
Remember when you heard a new name was coming.. we heard all of the horrible "studios names" look at the changes that have been made over the last 2 years......
What studios theme is left?
Maybe you could count Indiana jones (could be closed or just considered an Indiana jones thing)
and some stage shows (once again could be considered to be the ip not the "studio theme)
I think a new name is coming and I don't think it will have studios in the name, as I think that concept is gone.

PLEASE KEEP MUPPETS

Timothy_Q

It'd "make sense" for this to just be part of the current cost cutting season.

They'd be stupid not to reopen it next year for SWGE, considering it's right at the entrance to the land

Last edited:

MuteSuperstar

Sorry if this was mentioned, but PizzeRizzo officially went “seasonal” starting this week and is currently closed.

This is the type of thing regional zoos do, not one of the parks at the most popular tourist destination on earth. I mean I know they do this occasionally with some spots, but after all the renovation and such a large spot, it just seems strange to me that it was doing that poorly. Oh well, sounds like most people won't miss it. Can't help but wonder if it's the beginning of the end for the muppets presence.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

This is the type of thing regional zoos do, not one of the parks at the most popular tourist destination on earth. I mean I know they do this occasionally with some spots, but after all the renovation and such a large spot, it just seems strange to me that it was doing that poorly. Oh well, sounds like most people won't miss it. Can't help but wonder if it's the beginning of the end for the muppets presence.
I would be very surprised if this isn’t reopened daily on end Galaxy’s Edge opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom