PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

doctornick

Maybe this was mentioned but If it's going to stay Pizza Planet wouldn't they want to move it over to the new Toy Story Land? And IMO they can't have a Toy Story Land without a Pizza Planet!!

I'm also beginning to think that I may be the only one out there that likes the pizza. :inlove:

As has often been pointed out, Pizza Planet doesn't make sense for TSL because you are supposed to be toy sized in TSL. The restaurant would be out of scale with the rest of the land. The concept art seemed to indicate a restaurant for that land that is a lunch box on its side with the lid opened, which is in line with the scale of the land.

Personally, I think they should put a full fledged Pizza Planet in Disney Springs where they can do it justice with an arcade/games and even have the guards at the door that allow passage.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
More registers? Were the lines that bad or are they preparing for an uptick in guests. If more guests, why? We're not planning on seeing anything new (that we know of) until 2017 at the earliest.

May other restaurants in that area are going to be closing to make room for SWL.

mikenatcity1

I saw some pretty horrific lines during SWW. Instead, we made a lunch reservation for Mama Melrose, had no line, and ate far superior pizza for only a couple bucks more. :)

Oh really? I ate at Mama Melrose once and ordered pasta...I will have to try that out! Thanks for the tip!!

Chris82

In all honesty all this development in Streets of America really confuses me, although maybe it's been addressed somewhere else and I just haven't seen it. I thought Star Wars Land was going somewhere in the Echo Lake area of the park, and Toy Story Land over behind Toy Story Mania, with maybe a future Phase 3 taking up the space formerly known as the Backlot Tour.

Taking out the Christmas lights, renovating Pizza Planet, taking out the meet and greets - is this somehow explained by Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land alone, or is there more involved in the renovation of DHS than just the addition of those 2 lands? And if there is more, has it been announced somewhere?

doctornick

In all honesty all this development in Streets of America really confuses me, although maybe it's been addressed somewhere else and I just haven't seen it. I thought Star Wars Land was going somewhere in the Echo Lake area of the park, and Toy Story Land over behind Toy Story Mania, with maybe a future Phase 3 taking up the space formerly known as the Backlot Tour.

Taking out the Christmas lights, renovating Pizza Planet, taking out the meet and greets - is this somehow explained by Star Wars Land or Toy Story Land alone, or is there more involved in the renovation of DHS than just the addition of those 2 lands? And if there is more, has it been announced somewhere?

I think the consensus is that the SoA will be a staging area for the other construction in the park.

celluloid

As has often been pointed out, Pizza Planet doesn't make sense for TSL because you are supposed to be toy sized in TSL. The restaurant would be out of scale with the rest of the land. The concept art seemed to indicate a restaurant for that land that is a lunch box on its side with the lid opened, which is in line with the scale of the land.

Personally, I think they should put a full fledged Pizza Planet in Disney Springs where they can do it justice with an arcade/games and even have the guards at the door that allow passage.

Your points of it not making sense are accurate but at the same time WDW does not care about Toy Story being out of scale. Another reason Toy Story Mania is lackluster.

I agree with all of your points (Pizza Planet could of saved DisneyQuest, even if it was just one of the levels) but the scale argument I don't think is valid in Disney's eyes. Toy Story Mania is inconsistent and it is one of the things that bothers me about the attraction. I get suspension of disbelief but from a focal point of Potato head in the queue to the size of Buzz and Woody on the screens adds to the already lackluster attraction in many people's eyes. So if there is nothing of that attention in the main attraction for Toy Story I doubt there would be for a highly profitable restaurant.

brb1006

I just want a real life version of the Alien Slime machines. Why don't these exist yet? Tokyo Disney Resort could pull this off just fine at this point in time. Seriously who else was very disappointed these weren't present at Pizza Planet?
tumblr_lwmy96Ysez1qg39ewo1_500.gif

ChesterKiwi

I just want a real life version of the Alien Slime machines. Why don't these exist yet? Tokyo Disney Resort could pull this off just fine at this point in time. Seriously who else was very disappointed these weren't present at Pizza Planet?
tumblr_lwmy96Ysez1qg39ewo1_500.gif
*raises hand*

Just put them in and I can justify going there.

flyerjab

I usually am very happy with what has been going on in WDW. This, however, is a big letdown as I was hoping that the rumors were true regarding a Muppet-themed restaurant. Huge miss on Disney's part here as far as I am concerned. Adding a new theme with Muppets = plus. Adding more cash registers = minus.

Also, keeping this here while there is a big Toy Story Land on the other side of the park just seems odd to me. Any chance that this is a temporary move on their part, since temporary sometimes equates to 4-5 years or more (BAH), and then re-theming farther down the line?

Maybe I'll go on a road trip to Orlando with @ford91exploder when this opens so that we can stand outside and hurl inflammatory insults at it when it opens. ;) Do you still own that explorer?

Next Big Thing

I usually am very happy with what has been going on in WDW. This, however, is a big letdown as I was hoping that the rumors were true regarding a Muppet-themed restaurant. Huge miss on Disney's part here as far as I am concerned. Adding a new theme with Muppets = plus. Adding more cash registers = minus.

Also, keeping this here while there is a big Toy Story Land on the other side of the park just seems odd to me. Any chance that this is a temporary move on their part, since temporary sometimes equates to 4-5 years or more (BAH), and then re-theming farther down the line?

Maybe I'll go on a road trip to Orlando with @ford91exploder when this opens so that we can stand outside and hurl inflammatory insults at it when it opens. ;) Do you still own that explorer?
Where do you get that it WON'T be a Muppet-themed restaurant? Sure it will still be a Pizza QS, but it can easily be themed to The Muppets. It seems obvious it won't be coming back as Pizza Planet and Muppets is just across the way... a Muppet theme is very possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom