PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

YodaMan

From the looks of it, basically every reference to Pizza Planet seems to be gone online. For something being labeled as a "refurbishment," seems unusual to remove it entirely from every site and app. If anyone doubted that this was getting re-themed and thought it would return as Pizza Planet, I guess this should sway you at least slightly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the looks of it, basically every reference to Pizza Planet seems to be gone online. For something being labeled as a "refurbishment," seems unusual to remove it entirely from every site and app. If anyone doubted that this was getting re-themed and thought it would return as Pizza Planet, I guess this should sway you at least slightly.

Was there anyone who actually believed that?

YodaMan

The other sign that's a construction notice is even Muppet-y-er in the humor. Besides that it's just signs for Its A Wonderful Shop and a sign directing to the nearest restrooms (it matches the theme of SOA).

YodaMan

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I take back everything I just said. Even more Muppet humor added since I was there yesterday.

No Name

Hi people. This is my first action but I've been a longtime watcher here.

Was there anyone who actually believed that?

Well I think some people were hoping that they would make the place actually look like Pizza Planet from the movie rather than the current restaurant which is very sparsely themed and looks more like some cafeteria at your local zoo. However, I didn't really believe this, because putting money into the Toy Story theme doesn't make a whole lot of sense when it won't be in Toy Story Land. Although when you look at Star Tours in Disneyland and the situation there, who knows what to expect?

I'm glad it's being rethemed. But I'm surprised that they're going with the Muppets (if that's true). Muppets Most Wanted didn't do fabulous. And The Muppets show on ABC, well, the ratings dropped drastically from the premiere to the last episode. The company seems to think that everything has to have a strong movie IP backing it for it be successful, so this would be a neat surprise.

ninjaprincesst

I know a lot of people hate it but it was the only decent quick service in the park, and I guess I am alone in the fact that I hate the muppets and don't understand why we need more muppets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom