Pizza Planet removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrcollectibles

I remember the Rocketeer display that was inside the current Pizza Planet. My fondest memory was walking up to, what I thought was a statue of the Rocketeer, and getting scared when it reached he reached down to shake my hand.

G00fyDad

I agree with the other posters that say Pizza Planet needs to be moved to Pixar place, and a Muppets restaurant needs to replace it where it is right now. They have a Muppet attraction, a Muppet store, and smack in the middle of it.... Pizza Planet. :shrug:

But, if they do move Pizza Planet then they need to make it more like the Pizza Planet in the movie. And add a **** claw machine like the rocket one in the movie! I was so disappointed on our first trip to go in there and not see the claw machine from Toy Story. :(

bgraham34

Speak for yourself.

Their Bohemian Rhapsody parody going viral proved there's still plenty of people who enjoy the Muppets.

Yes true but the movie needs to still go very well. I know for a fact Disney has some ideas for the Muppets up their sleeves but It all depends on the success of the movie.

Pete C

I too am really disappointed by what Pizza Planet put out for what they were charging. It's Red Baron quality for over $8. I'm sorry but they can do better. I refuse to believe they have to charge that much for such low quality. I was angry last time because I was expecting something at least on par with Sbarro. captainkidd was right...Universal's pizza blows it away.

RSoxNo1

Yes true but the movie needs to still go very well. I know for a fact Disney has some ideas for the Muppets up their sleeves but It all depends on the success of the movie.

Disney stopped doing the Viral videos in the year leading up to the movie - I really think this is a bad idea as these would have been great promotional materials for the movie.

FigmentJedi

A rumor awhile back I read on here is that possibly Pizza Planet will be moved to the current studio catering company across from the backlot. Then Pizza planet would be The Swedish Chef (from Muppets)

I would like to see the rumor be true in addition to the Monsters Inc Ride, HISTK playset become Bug's Life, and the Pearl Harbor area removed. And also an Incredibles attraction where they go on vacation. Read all of this on previous threads here. Would really expand Pixar Place but everything would tie together nicely I think.

Incredibles attraction would be better off adapting the comic book and having guests get caught in the battle against the Unforgivables in a manner similar to the Spider-Man ride.

Also, I hope if they're moving Pizza Planet to Pixar Place that they actually put some effort and aim for as much movie accuracy as possible. I want those freaking cool robot guards and stuff. And if you need to create the actual ordering and dining rooms, you could take inspiration from the diner in the Buzz Lightyear cartoon.

Nemofinder

I want those freaking cool robot guards and stuff. And if you need to create the actual ordering and dining rooms, you could take inspiration from the diner in the Buzz Lightyear cartoon.
I want them to take inspiration from Toy Story! The alien soda dispensers! automatic doors! Pizza Planet how it was is just a logo mildly painted around a building. To have robots welcome me to Pizza Planet will have me coming back again and again, no matter what the quality of the Pizza

RunnerEd

I agree with the other posters that say Pizza Planet needs to be moved to Pixar place, and a Muppets restaurant needs to replace it where it is right now. They have a Muppet attraction, a Muppet store, and smack in the middle of it.... Pizza Planet. :shrug:

But, if they do move Pizza Planet then they need to make it more like the Pizza Planet in the movie. And add a **** claw machine like the rocket one in the movie! I was so disappointed on our first trip to go in there and not see the claw machine from Toy Story. :(

I had Pizza Planet CM tell me that the one at Hollywood Studios was a franchise of the original from the movies. I (smilingly) rolled my eyes and told her HS must have bought the rights very cheaply since that location wasn't nearly as cool as the one in the movie. That's a pretty lame backstory if that's the official one.

G00fyDad

I want them to take inspiration from Toy Story! The alien soda dispensers! automatic doors! Pizza Planet how it was is just a logo mildly painted around a building. To have robots welcome me to Pizza Planet will have me coming back again and again, no matter what the quality of the Pizza

FigmentJedi

Well, there are parts of the place we don't see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhYwidKYaoA

Trying to think if the episode that references Pizza Planet actually shows much of the inside.

flavious27

Here's the concept art for the Former Muppet Studios area and as you can see that Pizza Planet was to be a Restaurant themed to The Swedish Chef..

Muppet.jpg

Well 25 years late, hopefully.

Slowjack

That is unfair, Mickey Mouse Club House is produced for Disney Junior. It is meant to be an educational show for Toddlers and Pre-school aged children.
That's no excuse! I tried not to let my preschooler watch this, it's so bad. I actually find it anti-educational. The gang solves problems, but in ways that would never work in the real world. I don't consider that learning. Example: hey--juice has spilled on the ground, how do we clean that up? You don't--can't be done! But on the Clubhouse, you push a giant sponge through the dirt and somehow the juice is extracted from the soil. Will E. Coyote cartoons had better logic.

G00fyDad

Example: hey--juice has spilled on the ground, how do we clean that up? You don't--can't be done! But on the Clubhouse, you push a giant sponge through the dirt and somehow the juice is extracted from the soil.

If that example came from the show then that might be trying to teach them to clean up their mess. Not to try to get liquid from dirt using a sponge. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom